Player Ratings #2 : vs Peterborough (A)

Rampant

Roos  6.  Not at fault for either goal  steady otherwise, kicking is questionable but we insist on playing it backwards to him and putting him under pressure  

Byrne   3. Steady game until the last minute calamity Sunday pub league attempted clearance. Loses 3 points for costing us a point against a team who will be down there with us at the end.

Forsyth  5. Average game from Fozzy. 

Stearman  5. Settling into a partnership with Davies, working around the lack of pace. Too much tippy tippy passing around the edge of our box. Only following orders though.

Davies   5. As above. Should be wearing the captains armband. 

Bird   4. Offers very little imho. Breaks up the odd attack but most of his games, including today, are instantly forgettable.

Shinnie  4. As above again except runs around a little bit more. Always seems one tackle away from a booking. Him and Bird are the worst midfield duo I have seen since my first match in ‘86. 

Morrison    6. Flashes of what he is capable of. Looked for and wanted the ball. Hopefully will continue to improve and we see the real player in a few weeks. 

Ebosele    4. Tough for him today. Our master plan of pinging it long for him to chase was sussed out quickly and left him chasing shadows. 

Lawrence    2. Captain Unfantastic. Ineffective throughout. Poor leader and awful choice for captain. Spent too long rolling about the floor and complaining. The one thing he does not inspire is confidence at any level.

Kazim      5. Not his day. Nothing stuck and looked off the pace. Injury set back will cost us dear I fear. 

Stretton   6. Thrown up top alone against 3 CB’s. Made some intelligent runs and cracking instinctive finish for his goal. Needs to work on his first touch but encouraging signs.

Sibley    7. Was the driving force after his introduction. Looked dangerous whenever he ran at players. His foul lead to their first, needs to work hard on that side of his game. Must start Wednesday. 

Joz.   1. Entered at 0-1 in 87th minute. Sleeping as his man gently strolled past him to set up the equaliser. Awful cameo from him. Clearly does not want to be a Derby player. If we can recoup our outlay he can go ASAP. Not a championship player but could rip up other less physical leagues. 

Rooney and the clowns. 2. Same formation, set up and tactics that have yielded us 8 points from 51 and 1 win in 18. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Whilst I understand we can not afford to sack him but can we not place him and his circus on gardening leave and use Mac and Wassall? I would rather pay Rooney to stay away than continue dragging us down…..

The Derby County Championship farewell tour 21’-22’ is well under way. 

2 hours ago, Rampant said:

Listed players only. Half points accepted. An okay, average performance is 6.0. 

Deadline: Monday 8pm

Roos  4

Byrne   3

Forsyth   5

Stearman    6

Davies    5

Bird   3

Shinnie   6

Morrison    5

Ebosele    6

Lawrence    5

Kazim      4

Stretton   6

Sibley     7

Roos 5 - whilst not responsible for the goals, thought he was jittery all match. Lot of dithering on the ball nearly gifting them chances & a very fortunate stop first half

Byrne 2 - appalling. Responsible for both goals, failed to stop delivery from their left & offered nothing going forward

Forsyth 6 - played well until late on but missed header in build up to equaliser 

Stearman 7 - did nothing wrong. Steady all game again

Davies 7 - again, did nothing wrong. Good display

Bird 6 - some crucial dispossessions (incld off Marriott in box) & some neat passes but this tactic of split DMs isnt helping him

Shinnie 5 - terrible first half, all sideways balls & ponderous defensive cover. Better second half when he stepped up but lacks quality & technique to cope with heavy press 

Morrison 7 - at heart of anything positive attacking wise. Fantastic header to set up Stretton's goal & some great long balls

Ebosele 6 - one very good burst with a ball across the 6 yard box but struggled to make an impact other than that

Lawrence 5 - can't fault the effort but a lot of wayward quality. Dont like seeing him so deep

Kazim 5 - hard to mark as he got absolutely nothing to work with first half. Up against 3 CBs so tough day

Stretton 7 - great goal & actually played the front man role well in general...helped that he had more service than Kazim got though

Sibley 7 - dont understand why hes not starting. Makes an impact everytime including one sublime ball across 6 yard box that Stretton nearly turned in

Roos  - 5

Byrne   - 3

Forsyth   - 4

Stearman    - 5

Davies    - 6

Bird   - 5

Shinnie   - 5

Morrison    - 6

Ebosele    - 6

Lawrence    - 4

Kazim      - 5

Stretton   - 6

Sibley     - 7 only dangerous looking player

peterborough traffic and road closures - -100. Shocking.

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Unless things are sorted quickly. We are absolutely finished.

You make some valid points

But not the above one.

We’ve just had game number 2 with another 44 to go………

96% of the season remains to be played

Theres hope yet 

3 hours ago, Bianoic said:

You make some valid points

But not the above one.

We’ve just had game number 2 with another 44 to go………

96% of the season remains to be played

Theres hope yet 

I disagree.

We've played 2 teams who are relegation rivals and got 1 point.

We don't have a senior striker on the books.

Unless things change.

We have no hope.

Thanks for all the replies thus far.

Roos: seems to have improved dealing with aerial balls into the box, passing generally excellent, takes too long to decide and will come a cropper this season when being closed down, no chance with goals but got lucky with 35 yarder (5.5)

Byrne: looked better going forward once Ebosele was replaced, booked yet again, the Posh #3 could clearly put a decent cross in so needed to deal with that threat but didn't, made a complete horlicks of the situation for the winner, a second poor performance in a row (3.5)

Forsyth: the better of the full backs but hardly a ringing endorsement, generally solid but didn't provide attacking threat and will always be undone by anyone with pace  (5.0)

Stearman: steady if unspectacular (6.0)

Davies: as above really, should be given the armband when on the field (6.5)

Bird: not destructive enough to be a DM in my opinion although did break stuff up better today, needs to show better range of passing but that isn't easy when CKR is often the only option available (5.0)

Shinnie: woeful first half but noticeably better after the break, partnership with Bird in CM area offers little creativity and needs addressing asap (5.0)

Morrison: I rolled my eyes when I read of our interest in Ravel but his attitude seems spot on to be fair, brave header led to our goal, the only Ram with guile and drive from midfield (7.0)

Ebosele: started well but faded, not helped by whatever the idea was to get him and Byrne working as a partnership, promise and pace aplenty but greater composure needed, only a young lad obviously and maybe impact from the bench for a few games (5.5) 

Lawrence: a couple of nice moments but that's not enough for us, too keen to go to ground (a team trait today I noticed), not his fault he's captain but a truly bizarre decision by Rooney, a typical TL10 performance in many ways (4.5)

Kazim: had no service but couldn't make the ball stick when it came his way, does his best work when coming deeper and picking a pass forward but we didn't see that today and wouldn't have had any runners for him to hit anyway, injured (4.5)

Stretton: poor first touch on several occasions but will get chance to work on that assuming he's our number one (only) striker for the forseeable, fantastic strike of a dropping ball deserved the luck of the deflection for his first league goal, more mobility than Kazim and that should help Watson and/or Ravel and/or Bird to use their passing ability (6.0)

Sibley: his energy and drive stick out like a sore thumb in this Derby side, needs to start, as much a walking yellow/red card as ever before though (6.5)

16 hours ago, dilkie said:

Roos  6.  Not at fault for either goal  steady otherwise, kicking is questionable but we insist on playing it backwards to him and putting him under pressure  

Byrne   3. Steady game until the last minute calamity Sunday pub league attempted clearance. Loses 3 points for costing us a point against a team who will be down there with us at the end.

Forsyth  5. Average game from Fozzy. 

Stearman  5. Settling into a partnership with Davies, working around the lack of pace. Too much tippy tippy passing around the edge of our box. Only following orders though.

Davies   5. As above. Should be wearing the captains armband. 

Bird   4. Offers very little imho. Breaks up the odd attack but most of his games, including today, are instantly forgettable.

Shinnie  4. As above again except runs around a little bit more. Always seems one tackle away from a booking. Him and Bird are the worst midfield duo I have seen since my first match in ‘86. 

Morrison    6. Flashes of what he is capable of. Looked for and wanted the ball. Hopefully will continue to improve and we see the real player in a few weeks. 

Ebosele    4. Tough for him today. Our master plan of pinging it long for him to chase was sussed out quickly and left him chasing shadows. 

Lawrence    2. Captain Unfantastic. Ineffective throughout. Poor leader and awful choice for captain. Spent too long rolling about the floor and complaining. The one thing he does not inspire is confidence at any level.

Kazim      5. Not his day. Nothing stuck and looked off the pace. Injury set back will cost us dear I fear. 

Stretton   6. Thrown up top alone against 3 CB’s. Made some intelligent runs and cracking instinctive finish for his goal. Needs to work on his first touch but encouraging signs.

Sibley    7. Was the driving force after his introduction. Looked dangerous whenever he ran at players. His foul lead to their first, needs to work hard on that side of his game. Must start Wednesday. 

Joz.   1. Entered at 0-1 in 87th minute. Sleeping as his man gently strolled past him to set up the equaliser. Awful cameo from him. Clearly does not want to be a Derby player. If we can recoup our outlay he can go ASAP. Not a championship player but could rip up other less physical leagues. 

Rooney and the clowns. 2. Same formation, set up and tactics that have yielded us 8 points from 51 and 1 win in 18. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Whilst I understand we can not afford to sack him but can we not place him and his circus on gardening leave and use Mac and Wassall? I would rather pay Rooney to stay away than continue dragging us down…..

The Derby County Championship farewell tour 21’-22’ is well under way. 

But it wasn't the same formation and tactics as last year. Not saying they were any good, but they are different