Player Ratings #2 : vs Peterborough (A)

Rampant

Listed players only. Half points accepted. An okay, average performance is 6.0. 

Deadline: Monday 8pm

Roos  

Byrne   

Forsyth   

Stearman    

Davies    

Bird   

Shinnie   

Morrison    

Ebosele    

Lawrence    

Kazim      

Stretton   

Sibley     

8 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos  6

Byrne   5

Forsyth   6

Stearman  6

Davies  7

Bird   6

Shinnie   5

Morrison   6

Ebosele    5

Lawrence   6

Kazim   5

Stretton  6

Sibley  7

11 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos  6

Byrne   3

Forsyth   7

Stearman    5

Davies    6

Bird   6

Shinnie   7

Morrison    7

Ebosele    5

Lawrence    6

Kazim      4

Stretton   7

Sibley     7

Roos  6

Byrne   4

Forsyth   6

Stearman    5

Davies    6

Bird   6

Shinnie   7

Morrison    6

Ebosele    5

Lawrence    4

Kazim    4 

Stretton   6

Sibley 5

Joz 2

Roos - 5 - Probably one of the only goalkeepers I've seen that doesn't look like they like to use their hands. Nearly let one in from 40 yards out which was straight at him. Almost lumped it into Marriott a few times by taking much longer than he needs to on the ball. Almost cost us a goal too. Said it before and I'll say it again. Nowhere near good enough. Our best keeper is 3rd choice. 

Byrne - 2 - Woeful. Not sure what's being asked of him. But he was barely at right back. Gives so much space away and balls just get lofted over the top. The defending for that second goal was unforgivable. Poor first game too.

Davies - 6 - Did ok. But got in a massive mess with Bird that led to their first goal. Comedy of errors. 

Stearman - 6 - Can't really think of anything he did drastically wrong. But he's part of an experienced back 4 which conceded 2 goals which wouldn't have looked out of place on the park on a Sunday.

Forsyth - 4 - Not sure what he was doing for their first goal. He's nowhere near good enough. 3 cruciate injuries. Great servant. Don't like to criticize too much. Just not good enough anymore.

Shinnie - 5 - First half was poor but thought he improved second half. Him and Bird doesn't work together though. Both slow, both left footed. 

Bird - 6 - Thought he broke the play up well. Better than Shinnie today. Still needs to move the ball quicker. But the same can be said for everyone.

Morrison - 6 - Showed some nice touches. Not sure if he's been told to drop deep, which if he has, doesn't make sense. Because clearly his talents are much more suited to a number 10 role.

Lawrence - 3 - Not sure what he's offering. Rooney wants him to score more goals. So not sure why he's dropping so deep to get the ball. Doing the work of Shinnie and Bird. If anything sums him up. It's probably having a shot from 50 yards instead of passing to an open Morrison to let him run at the defender.

Ebosele - 4 - Probably ran at them once and got a foul. They were touch tight to him. Said before. Plays a good game against Salford and everyone jumps on the hype saying he should start. He's got massive potential. But he's not ready yet. He's explosive and I said before would rather have seen him come on against tired full backs.

Kazim-Richards - 4 - The ball didn't stick to him at all today. Not that it would have made any different when the players you want round him (Lawrence and Morrison) are playing holding midfield with our 2 other CDMs. Shame he's injured. But with him being the one player we can't afford to lose, it was inevitable something would happen. It's us.

Sibley - 6 - Came on and got at them. Sick of hearing this Rooney can't trust him lark. He's the only player we have that drives and puts defenders on the back foot. He needs to start for me.

Jozwiak - 0 - Don't normally give anyone a rating who came on in the 87th minute. But he was fast asleep for their goal and didn't look remotely interested either. He probably doesn't want to be here and I can't blame him. If we were in any position to let someone go. I'm pretty sure he'd be gone. He's not a championship player. Can see him going somewhere else abroad and doing well. Still absolutely no idea why he came on in the 87th minute at 1-0 up. Makes no sense.

First half was absolutely dire. We've played against a team who have conceded 7 goals in 2 games. And the way we set up was embarrassing. Slow, laboured, never got at them. There's no attacking threat. I didn't see the goals when they lost in the cup. But the Luton game. All 3 goals were from crosses and we didn't put one in.

Second half was better. Mainly due to the introduction of Sibley. Who got at them. We actually got in positions 2 or 3 times where we could slip someone through but the final ball, as ever, was woeful. 

It's not all the managers fault. With the circumstances he's got to work in and I feel for him.

But he has to shoulder some of the blame here. He says he's got a way of playing but I have no idea what it is. 

All the issues are still there from last season. Going 1-0 up and going on to lose.

We never get at teams and look to go 1, then 2, then 3 up.

Unless things are sorted quickly. We are absolutely finished.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Roos - 5 - Probably one of the only goalkeepers I've seen that doesn't look like they like to use their hands. Nearly let one in from 40 yards out which was straight at him. Almost lumped it into Marriott a few times by taking much longer than he needs to on the ball. Almost cost us a goal too. Said it before and I'll say it again. Nowhere near good enough. Our best keeper is 3rd choice. 

Byrne - 2 - Woeful. Not sure what's being asked of him. But he was barely at right back. Gives so much space away and balls just get lofted over the top. The defending for that second goal was unforgivable. Poor first game too.

Davies - 6 - Did ok. But got in a massive mess with Bird that led to their first goal. Comedy of errors. 

Stearman - 6 - Can't really think of anything he did drastically wrong. But he's part of an experienced back 4 which conceded 2 goals which wouldn't have looked out of place on the park on a Sunday.

Forsyth - 4 - Not sure what he was doing for their first goal. He's nowhere near good enough. 3 cruciate injuries. Great servant. Don't like to criticize too much. Just not good enough anymore.

Shinnie - 5 - First half was poor but thought he improved second half. Him and Bird doesn't work together though. Both slow, both left footed. 

Bird - 6 - Thought he broke the play up well. Better than Shinnie today. Still needs to move the ball quicker. But the same can be said for everyone.

Morrison - 6 - Showed some nice touches. Not sure if he's been told to drop deep, which if he has, doesn't make sense. Because clearly his talents are much more suited to a number 10 role.

Lawrence - 3 - Not sure what he's offering. Rooney wants him to score more goals. So not sure why he's dropping so deep to get the ball. Doing the work of Shinnie and Bird. If anything sums him up. It's probably having a shot from 50 yards instead of passing to an open Morrison to let him run at the defender.

Ebosele - 4 - Probably ran at them once and got a foul. They were touch tight to him. Said before. Plays a good game against Salford and everyone jumps on the hype saying he should start. He's got massive potential. But he's not ready yet. He's explosive and I said before would rather have seen him come on against tired full backs.

Kazim-Richards - 4 - The ball didn't stick to him at all today. Not that it would have made any different when the players you want round him (Lawrence and Morrison) are playing holding midfield with our 2 other CDMs. Shame he's injured. But with him being the one player we can't afford to lose, it was inevitable something would happen. It's us.

Sibley - 6 - Came on and got at them. Sick of hearing this Rooney can't trust him lark. He's the only player we have that drives and puts defenders on the back foot. He needs to start for me.

Jozwiak - 0 - Don't normally give anyone a rating who came on in the 87th minute. But he was fast asleep for their goal and didn't look remotely interested either. He probably doesn't want to be here and I can't blame him. If we were in any position to let someone go. I'm pretty sure he'd be gone. He's not a championship player. Can see him going somewhere else abroad and doing well. Still absolutely no idea why he came on in the 87th minute at 1-0 up. Makes no sense.

First half was absolutely dire. We've played against a team who have conceded 7 goals in 2 games. And the way we set up was embarrassing. Slow, laboured, never got at them. There's no attacking threat. I didn't see the goals when they lost in the cup. But the Luton game. All 3 goals were from crosses and we didn't put one in.

Second half was better. Mainly due to the introduction of Sibley. Who got at them. We actually got in positions 2 or 3 times where we could slip someone through but the final ball, as ever, was woeful. 

It's not all the managers fault. With the circumstances he's got to work in and I feel for him.

But he has to shoulder some of the blame here. He says he's got a way of playing but I have no idea what it is. 

All the issues are still there from last season. Going 1-0 up and going on to lose.

We never get at teams and look to go 1, then 2, then 3 up.

Unless things are sorted quickly. We are absolutely finished.

And Stretton  

Thought Stretton did ok. He’s got a Waggy first touch which he is young enough to improve on, but then again, eight years in the academy and can’t kill a ball drilled into him. If he was Christie or Saunders he would have had a hat trick.

Edited by hintonsboots

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Thought Stretton did ok. He’s got a Waggy first touch which he is young enough to improve on, but then again, eight years in the academy and can’t kill a ball drilled into him. If he was Christie or Saunders he would have had a hat trick.

Yeah, it's too early to tell, but there were two at least great balls across/into the penalty box that he didn't quite anticipate.