Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

3 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Considering their squad size, fees paid etc their wage bill must be close to double what ours is at the moment. I’m surprised they aren’t in financial difficulties. I wonder if their owner is asked to give a 12 month guarantee of club funding. 

The EFL need their laundered money because the same EFL have stopped us from funding the championship with ridiculous transfer fees which have kept other clubs going for years. ?

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Their last 3 sets of accounts show their wage bill rising from £24m to £31m to £38m in 2019/20. If they managed to reduce that to much below £30m for last season, given who they signed, I'd be amazed. It must still be £25m+ for this season, which would still be > their entire income, even if they fill the stadium every week. 

I reckon Covid saved them from FFP charges, but unless they raise a 5 figure sum from transfers or get promoted, FFP must be waiting to bite them. 

The big Greek can always find ways to keep their head above water in terms of P&S. They also have a uncanny skill of selling academy prospects for decent money: Burke, Cash, Osborn, Appiah. Worrall and Brennan Johnson seemingly have suitors too. 

They'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Hughton to be sacked after a Derby day loss - or will they kick him before then? 

Derby day has always been the widow maker. How many managers have been sacked recently immediately after a Derby day loss?

I can think of Clough and Davies off the top of my head, I’m sure there are more. 

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

He’s done. For me it comes down to a simple question, have we improved in the year he’s been here? We’re probably worse. 

I’d bet on Gary Brazil in charge for our game with you lot

Hughton seems to have success when he has certain players in his squad like Murray and knockaert who follow him round. 

At least you had a position from which to get worse. We were so poor last season any modest improvement is welcome. 

I need some advise from fellow rams, but also from the irritating bunch in Rushcliffe who seem to always block my driveway on matchdays.

The mrs' dad had a brain injury last year and is still recovering. Everyone thinks it would be great for him to go watch his favourite team and I'm seen as the only suitable person to take him, but the catch is he supports Rushcliffe Rovers. I want to take him to a game, but I'm worried it'll be obvious that I'm not a fan or a neutral and that might ruin his experience too. There are other people that could take him, but their dislike for football would probably make it less enjoyable than me having to beat up a couple of thousand forest fans.

So Derby fans, do I do it? Will I be betraying my Rams blood?

And forest fans, assuming I keep my head down, and take him, where's a good place to sit with an older guy who might struggle maneuvering  through large crowds? 

Anyone else every done something similar? The idea of it doesn't seem right, but it seems a bit silly now to say, I'm not doing that because I'm a Derby fan.

4 minutes ago, Shake n Bake said:

I need some advise from fellow rams, but also from the irritating bunch in Rushcliffe who seem to always block my driveway on matchdays.

The mrs' dad had a brain injury last year and is still recovering. Everyone thinks it would be great for him to go watch his favourite team and I'm seen as the only suitable person to take him, but the catch is he supports Rushcliffe Rovers. I want to take him to a game, but I'm worried it'll be obvious that I'm not a fan or a neutral and that might ruin his experience too. There are other people that could take him, but their dislike for football would probably make it less enjoyable than me having to beat up a couple of thousand forest fans.

And forest fans, assuming I keep my head down, and take him, where's a good place to sit with an older guy who might struggle maneuvering  through large crowds? 

Anyone else every done something similar? The idea of it doesn't seem right, but it seems a bit silly now to say, I'm not doing that because I'm a Derby fan.

You'll be fine.

Just wear a pair of these and nobody will be any the wiser...

download.jpeg

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Derby day has always been the widow maker. How many managers have been sacked recently immediately after a Derby day loss?

I can think of Clough and Davies off the top of my head, I’m sure there are more. 

John Gregory after they beat us 3-0 at the council dump 

1 hour ago, Shake n Bake said:

I assume he was a Derby fan until his brain injury?

1 hour ago, Shake n Bake said:

I can't see there being an issue mate. Take him and grin and bear it .  Just a game if it gives him a day out. give their liaison officer a call and explain the situation. Might still be this guy

Scott Paul
Disability Liaison Officer

scott.paul@nottinghamforest.co.uk

0115 982 4372

or accessibility@nottinghamforest.co.uk

General ticket office

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can't see there being an issue mate. Take him and grin and bear it .  Just a game if it gives him a day out. give their liaison officer a call and explain the situation. Might still be this guy

Scott Paul

0115 982 4372

General ticket office

It'll be fine, and you're doing a good deed for someone. As long as you don't go in with the nutty end you should have a good day. Grin through the pain and either do your best to keep quiet or have a "ok I'm going to get pelters, but lets have fun with the bants" approach, just lap up all the jokes at your expense. Also, if you're clearly looking after someone, everyone around you is going to see that.

Much as we all enjoy mocking the gumpen hoards, they're mostly just ordinary decent people who support a football team and I believe as a club Forest are suppose to be pretty good with things like this.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Scott Paul

0115 982 4372

General ticket office

Thanks, I'll contact them. The mrs' says to wait until Covid cases are down a bit as even though he's vaccinated he's considered high risk. Hopefully he enjoys it, but not so much that he wants a season ticket!!