Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

What's the feeling about Hughton from your lot at present? Seems quite negative in the aftermath of this one, but is there still a feeling he can turn it around with reinforcements, or is he practically a dead man walking?

If they lose to us, he’ll be gone.

Booing at half and full time.

Chants of "you dont know what your doing" when mighten was subbed off.

Chants for sabrina lamouchi during the game.

Getting hammered on twitter.

Getting hammered on forums.

Not using the clubs attacking players.

Got sacked in the morning written all over it

7 hours ago, KBB said:

Booing at half and full time.

Chants of "you dont know what your doing" when mighten was subbed off.

Chants for sabrina lamouchi during the game.

Getting hammered on twitter.

Getting hammered on forums.

Not using the clubs attacking players.

Got sacked in the morning written all over it

Their Dougie Howser CEO will be tapping up his replacement right now, I've no doubt. 

Considering their squad size, fees paid etc their wage bill must be close to double what ours is at the moment. I’m surprised they aren’t in financial difficulties. I wonder if their owner is asked to give a 12 month guarantee of club funding. 

12 hours ago, JfR said:

What's the feeling about Hughton from your lot at present? Seems quite negative in the aftermath of this one, but is there still a feeling he can turn it around with reinforcements, or is he practically a dead man walking?

He’s done. For me it comes down to a simple question, have we improved in the year he’s been here? We’re probably worse. 

I’d bet on Gary Brazil in charge for our game with you lot

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Considering their squad size, fees paid etc their wage bill must be close to double what ours is at the moment. I’m surprised they aren’t in financial difficulties. I wonder if their owner is asked to give a 12 month guarantee of club funding. 

Their last 3 sets of accounts show their wage bill rising from £24m to £31m to £38m in 2019/20. If they managed to reduce that to much below £30m for last season, given who they signed, I'd be amazed. It must still be £25m+ for this season, which would still be > their entire income, even if they fill the stadium every week. 

I reckon Covid saved them from FFP charges, but unless they raise a 5 figure sum from transfers or get promoted, FFP must be waiting to bite them.