v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

On 06/08/2021 at 20:29, Ravabeerbelly said:

With that line up, how can the bench be a real problem? If we start as above the bench would most likely feature :-

Forsyth - Over 200 Championship appearances, over 300 professional games and 4 international caps!

Cashin - Most felt relieved and reassured after his performance last week and while I don’t think he has 46 games in him id be more than comfortable with him coming off the bench if there are injuries.

Watson - Many on here would have him starting and have ridiculously high hopes for him 

Thompson - was excellent last week v Notts County and Rooney has spoken highly of him. More than capable for short periods.

Hutchinson - played the most minutes of all the young players pre season and played left wing, right wing, rotated into the 10 v Salford and sat deep centrally v Notts and did well in each. He also has 50 EFL games under his belt 

Festy - changed the dynamic completely when moved further forward v Notts and won us the penalty. Can also play left back and right back and again many on here would be happy to see him start.

CKR - Our main striker and almost talismanic leader. Over 500 senior appearances in 7 different countries and nearly 100 senior goals and played in the top division in at least 3 countries inc the Prem!! Hardly a bad one to have to bring on!

Personally I wouldn’t pick your starting line up but if we did I really wouldn’t worry about the bench!!

Bar Fozzy maybe who comes on when your 1-0 up in a tight game and need someone sure things up? 
They might turn out to be good players but let’s be real, we don’t have any strength in depth. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Think that's the story isn't it?

CKR and Sibley look most likely to score.... but they don't! 

They are the only ones who even have a go. Can't see us scoring many this season if this is the squad we're stuck with. 

Enjoyed watching the highlights on Quest last night after enjoying watching both my boys train on Inverurie Loco's pitch in the morning, before we all enjoyed free tickets to watch Inverurie Loco's beat Turriff Utd 2-1.

The boys and their mates enjoyed standing to the right side, behind the Turriff Utd goal, heckling their keeper, by telling him to tie his laces as they had come undone, the keeper fell for it, checked his laces and kindly told the boys what to do!

They also advised him to stay on his line, which he ignored, and then an Inverurie Loco player Mark Souter chipped him with a free kick from past the half way line to go 2-0, brilliant, the boys all burst into laughter!  Watch out for the Inverurie Ultras (chuff, chuffs,) with drums and flags, making some noise to the left hand side of the Turriff goal.

And now we are currently higher than Miserableboro in the table, I just love football!

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah, it is very weird guess it's the glory of football haha ? Same, not arguing and totally respect your views too ? I just felt as soon as Huddersfiield breached our midfield line even in the first half they looked very dangerous both down the channels and when they isolated Davies and Stearman. I love Davies but a cb pairing of those 2 is for my money going to concede a lot against any half decent team or anyone with pace.

Agree with you about forsyth definitely and I'd have to rewatch for the shinnie stuff as I may just be completely wrong about him ? 

I don't think festy 
was all that great, not sure he really pushed them back so much, positionally he wasn't really up for it and seemed a bit lost out there i thought. But again not arguing just different thoughts ? 

All good buddy I enjoy exchanging views with people like yourself who give reasoning and explanation to things , we don’t have to agree and that’s what its all about, will always take on board a well explained viewpoint 

makes a change from the “ he was crap” we see so often on here lol 

Agree re festy, I think he just gave us a little bit of energy more than anything, got to a few balls first stretched them a little , but no more than closing them down a bit quicker with a bit more energy that gave the crowd a lift as much as anything 

was a great atmosphere, thought the crowd were excellent in terms of getting behind the lads 

long may that Continue , we’re in it together 

38 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

All good buddy I enjoy exchanging views with people like yourself who give reasoning and explanation to things , we don’t have to agree and that’s what its all about, will always take on board a well explained viewpoint 

makes a change from the “ he was crap” we see so often on here lol 

Agree re festy, I think he just gave us a little bit of energy more than anything, got to a few balls first stretched them a little , but no more than closing them down a bit quicker with a bit more energy that gave the crowd a lift as much as anything 

was a great atmosphere, thought the crowd were excellent in terms of getting behind the lads 

long may that Continue , we’re in it together 

Yeah definitely ? and in the end it's a game of opinions really, very rarely is there one 'right' answer. No point saying 'he was crap' as you say lol need to give some thought as to why you think things. 

Yeah, festy definitely does add a bit of energy especially as the game gets stretched in the second half he can be useful in that regard. Definitely agree re the crowd, often times a tasty challenge or some closing down will lift things up a little and get people up and excited. 

Yeah, thought the atmosphere was fantastic even if the stadium was quite sparse really. I'm not sure if it will remain that way once getting back to the games becomes more normal and if the results don't quite come but i hope we all stay onside in the stands and get behind the lads. Honestly, I think if nothing changes we'll more than likely go down but we need to at least all make a good fight of it. 

Anyone have any views on the two penalty shouts ?

I’m on the half way line, a Derby Fan and ahem, clearly have a leaning towards our guys .. all the same .. my view.

Lawrence was impeded for sure, don’t know if it was foul play or not, but he elected to stay on his feet. He then slumped down afterwards, maybe as a last ditch attempt at a sympathy vote from the ref. … Dunno ? 

Watson .. He was through, no doubt, shot was on. Was his heel clipped first ? It certainly looked like he got a shove in the back. 

Of the two, and trying not to be biased, I really think the Watson one was a penalty, or if not then a pretty honest call. 

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Anyone have any views on the two penalty shouts ?

I’m on the half way line, a Derby Fan and ahem, clearly have a leaning towards our guys .. all the same .. my view.

Lawrence was impeded for sure, don’t know if it was foul play or not, but he elected to stay on his feet. He then slumped down afterwards, maybe as a last ditch attempt at a sympathy vote from the ref. … Dunno ? 

Watson .. He was through, no doubt, shot was on. Was his heel clipped first ? It certainly looked like he got a shove in the back. 

Of the two, and trying not to be biased, I really think the Watson one was a penalty, or if not then a pretty honest call. 

There weren't many genuine shouts for a penalty around me when Lawrence went down which is normally a reliable indicator and the guy himself didn't make an attempt to appeal for one either so no for me.

Couldn't see the Watson incident clearly so can't really say on the second. 

In general thought ref was pretty poor but got at least the first penno claim right. 

9 minutes ago, tinman said:

From my view in the east stand on the 6 yard line Lawrence’s looked more of a penalty. But watching the replay, Watsons was more of a penalty. 

I’ve seen the highlights but I didn’t see a replay of the incidents, Is it online anywhere ? 

27 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Did not go but am planning on going to the Boro game.

My brother in law is scared of tech and I was wondering if anyone had any issues with scanning bar code on the phone to get in? (This is concerning him, he has autism).

Refusing to buy a printer just to go to game.

Ta

Contact slo@dcfc.co.uk : club supporter liaison officer. They’ll sort; there were a lot of people whose scan didn’t work and had to be let in via side gate. I’m sure they’ll help you & your bro-in-law. 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Check out HTFC’s highlights which is on the game thread. 50-50 I’d say. @jono

Cheers ! .. good highlights ! 

Lawrence one was nothing, two men fighting for the ball, end of (IMO)

Watson has a case .. looks like defender kind of gripped him a bit under the triceps not grubby bad, just competing. Ref needs to make a snap judgment. Fair enough 50/50 as you say. 

Didnt like this ref or his east stand Lino, but for the pens like this, it really does depend on which team you support. If we’d been Hudds and either were given against us we would be incandescent.

Just now, jono said:

Cheers ! .. good highlights ! 

Lawrence one was nothing, two men fighting for the ball, end of (IMO)

Watson has a case .. looks like defender kind of gripped him a bit under the triceps not grubby bad, just competing. Ref needs to make a snap judgment. Fair enough 50/50 as you say. 

Didnt like this ref or his east stand Lino, but for the pens like this, it really does depend on which team you support. If we’d been Hudds and either were given against us we would be incandescent.

Yes; agree about the ref. Soft fk-giver but ducked some more obvious fouls. 

56 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Did not go but am planning on going to the Boro game.

My brother in law is scared of tech and I was wondering if anyone had any issues with scanning bar code on the phone to get in? (This is concerning him, he has autism).

Refusing to buy a printer just to go to game.

Ta

I think there was issues mate yes I know how brother feels I have autism too and I think issues I think north stand window thing is there to help people with these or you could email the club what best thing to do.

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Yes it was, 16249. Stoke had 9000 odd i believe, Sheff Utd 29000 

Even when we got 11 points we came down to 32,000 or so almost week in week out the season after. Both clubs are in contrasting positions at the moment! So no suprise in the difference 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

There weren't many genuine shouts for a penalty around me when Lawrence went down which is normally a reliable indicator and the guy himself didn't make an attempt to appeal for one either so no for me.

Couldn't see the Watson incident clearly so can't really say on the second. 

In general thought ref was pretty poor but got at least the first penno claim right. 

I'm not too far from that penalty area. I thought Watson's was (it would certainly have been given anywhere else on the pitch) and Lawrence's wasn't.