v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

4 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

It would help if the ticket office was open. However, it’s a poor turn out unfortunately. Good from Huddersfield in fairness, they sold out.

I don’t think Huddersfield sold out to be fair. I wasn’t surprised at the attendance at all and I stated on plenty of times that I wouldn’t be surprised if 15,000 turned up which was nearly correct. Lots of reasons for all of that.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

No you can't. And if we're totally honest the reason why our attendance is down is because we are a badly run club. I'm looking at other clubs and their attendance looks the same as it was before covid. Ours was the only notable change. 

Blackburn 10,260 13,099 -2,839 (-21%)

Bristol City 18,729 23,796 -5,067 (-27%)

Cardiff 17,431 22,393 -4,962 (-22%)

Derby 26,590

Just the first 4 matches that I looked up, bold is yesterdays attendance and is compared to last home attendance before lockdown.

Unless our attendance was below say 18,000 I wouldn't say it was that notable.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No.

I've not seen anyone say anything other than he did ok when he came on?

I thought I was the only one saying he did okay? Whatever.

I think there is potential in lots of our young players but none of them yet seem good enough to play a full match, so there will be plenty of swapping of formations and starting players I think. 

Edited by RoyMac5

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. Did we score in the 2nd half?

Sibley did okay but all this over-reaction is amusing. Lots of the players did okay.

Sibley did better than some of the other attackers, but I'd agree he was only alright (although I would start him) and not outstanding. Thought he was most likely to score another for us, but that's not saying much.

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Crikey it’s weird how we all see the game so differently lol

im not arguing with u and respect ur views totally but I thought shinnie first half was absolutely shocking, he got caught on the ball and his second touch had to be a tackle cos his first was so bad, highlighted for the cheap free kick we gave away for their equaliser.

he hustled and bustled as shinnie does and improved second half but first he looked well off it 

the centre half pairing looked absolutely fine first half and start of the second when up against Rhodes and whoever the other lad was but as soon as they brought on Campbell and the other quick lad they started to isolate us in the channels and should have scored 

didn’t help that we were clearly employing a tactic of having fozzy high up for that cross field right to left diagonal to try and flick on so his starting position was high up leaving space in that channel 

bringing on festy seemed to help a little and pushed them back a little but by that time our attacking intent and ability to try and play between the lines had evaporated 

note that’s all just my opinion not arguing 

funny game and all that 

Yeah, it is very weird guess it's the glory of football haha ? Same, not arguing and totally respect your views too ? I just felt as soon as Huddersfiield breached our midfield line even in the first half they looked very dangerous both down the channels and when they isolated Davies and Stearman. I love Davies but a cb pairing of those 2 is for my money going to concede a lot against any half decent team or anyone with pace.

Agree with you about forsyth definitely and I'd have to rewatch for the shinnie stuff as I may just be completely wrong about him ? 

I don't think festy 
was all that great, not sure he really pushed them back so much, positionally he wasn't really up for it and seemed a bit lost out there i thought. But again not arguing just different thoughts ? 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Sibley did better than some of the other attackers, but I'd agree he was only alright (although I would start him) and not outstanding. Thought he was most likely to score another for us, but that's not saying much.

Think that's the story isn't it?

CKR and Sibley look most likely to score.... but they don't! 

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think Huddersfield sold out to be fair. I wasn’t surprised at the attendance at all and I stated on plenty of times that I wouldn’t be surprised if 15,000 turned up which was nearly correct. Lots of reasons for all of that.

Pretty sure they did.

3 hours ago, Eatonram said:

We are becoming increasingly diverse but increasingly tolerant? No way, only in the young. 

No way ! Yes, The message is creeping through … not to the dyed in the wool intolerant and bigoted ( you won’t change them ever .. they just have lurk in the shadows a bit more ) .. It’s the ones that are basically ok but now recognise that tasteless jokes and casual remarks using old terminology are just not right. That’s progress and visible in all age groups.

The young are a mixed bag. Some/most are lovely, open, eager, passionate but some are very very intolerant of anything that even dares to question the new orthodoxy. Debate is stifled and those wishing to have one are vilified for even suggesting it. The suggestion that we should think in a different way is one thing; a dictatorship is another. 

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Derby 26,590

Just the first 4 matches that I looked up, bold is yesterdays attendance and is compared to last home attendance before lockdown.

Yes it was, 16249. Stoke had 9000 odd i believe, Sheff Utd 29000 

17 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Yes it was, 16249. Stoke had 9000 odd i believe, Sheff Utd 29000 

The Blades fans will be confident of an instant return and only a slump will dampen their gates. 

Who'd want to support the clay bakers anyway?! 

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Derby 26,590

That's what I'm saying. It was 16,000. That's notable. A whole 10,000 difference. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst everyone seems to agree he didn't have a good game, throughout lots of the match he was left one on one with their most dangerous player.

Byrne arguably PoTS last year but he looked out of sorts in this pre-season. Hope he gets back to his best. Think Rooney needs to set up to avoid exposing his defensive frailties. That might be easier  when Knight is back ?

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

But the last home attendance was rather special. Us or them for the drop.

I think someone's a little confused?
Last home attendance was v Blackburn wasn't it?  March 2020.  Not sure anyone was relegated that day?  ?‍♂️

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Byrne arguably PoTS last year but he looked out of sorts in this pre-season. Hope he gets back to his best. Think Rooney needs to set up to avoid exposing his defensive frailties. That might be easier  when Knight is back ?

Yeah. Whilst we look relatively toothless up front we have to concentrate a bit more on defensive qualities.