v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You missed the punch he came through a crowd for and a decent catch? Thought he had a very good game yesterday, particularly with an 'unknown' defence in front of him. I've not been a fan but yesterday he was good.

No I didn't miss them. The punch was good. My 8 year old son could have made the catch. So I'm guessing you think he is a commanding goalkeeper then?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst everyone seems to agree he didn't have a good game, throughout lots of the match he was left one on one with their most dangerous player.

Which is what I said?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Game changer? How so, he didn't score. The pattern of play changed from the first half but we didn't score. You seem a bit blinkered in your rating?

We went from having no attacking intent to having some, so yes changed the game for me. Did we even have a shot before he came on? If so, I don't remember it.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yet Sibley is? The ref chickened out of awarding a penalty when he was through in the box, their defender clearly 'pushed' him.

Where did I say Sibley is ready to start games? FWIW yes I think he is more ready than Watson.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We went from having no attacking intent to having some, so yes changed the game for me. Did we even have a shot before he came on? If so, I don't remember it.

Says it all, we scored in the first half. Well our opinions differ undoubtedly.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

If that's the case and looking around the ground yesterday can believe it then that's truly dreadful.

Can't blame Covid and the summer holiday season all on that unfortunately. 

No you can't. And if we're totally honest the reason why our attendance is down is because we are a badly run club. I'm looking at other clubs and their attendance looks the same as it was before covid. Ours was the only notable change. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Says it all, we scored in the first half. Well our opinions differ undoubtedly.

Yep, an own goal from a corner that was flicked on by their player who happened to be on of the smallest on the pitch.

Maybe you should have a think about who is wearing the blinkers...

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yep, an own goal from a corner that was flicked on by their player who happened to be on of the smallest on the pitch.

Maybe you should have a think about who is wearing the blinkers...

Yep. Did we score in the 2nd half?

Sibley did okay but all this over-reaction is amusing. Lots of the players did okay.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Kazim extremely wide. Would have been a worldy if it went in.

When Watson and Lawrence didn't even shoot?

Watson was shoved over and Lawrence perhaps couldn't get the angle right. Still the point is lots of hyperbole about him when others also gave as many glimpses of playing well.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watson was shoved over and Lawrence perhaps couldn't get the angle right. Still the point is lots of hyperbole about him when others also gave as many glimpses of playing well.

Strange. Every report I have read on the game mentions the positive impact Sibbo made once he came on and what a threat he was ?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was in a perfect position to see that Watson wasn’t going to get to the ball before the keeper - it was no penalty sadly 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If that's the case and looking around the ground yesterday can believe it then that's truly dreadful.

Can't blame Covid and the summer holiday season all on that unfortunately. 

It would help if the ticket office was open. However, it’s a poor turn out unfortunately. Good from Huddersfield in fairness, they sold out.

Edited by WystonRam
Spelling

It was great to have that buzz again, football is a spectator sport and our fans are massive to our team. I think without the supporters yesterday we'd have crumbled to a defeat. 

Signing Davies and Stearman was the right decision, they kept us in the game with their smart decision making. Their lack of pace was obvious to see however we defended very well for a large portion of the game. If we face lump it, kick it sides we will cope fine. When the ball gets played in behind then I start to worry. However for now, them pair are solid enough to keep us in games. 

Similar to last year, my main concern will be the lack of creativity. Lawrence did alot of hard work chasing balls down and covered alot of yards, similar to a Bryson performance. However this meant we didn't create enough chances. CKR will give it his best however we can't expect him to play every week. We have to prioritise bringing in another striker. 

In a way, having the knowledge that the team will be underdogs in most games works to our advantage. No pressure on the players, go out and give it your all etc. As much as Rooney won't admit it in his press conferences, we are going to struggle in a number of games purely on the lack of depth in the side. Mel is completely deluded on the academy players. Even when you look at Norwich who have brought through a number of fantastic talents, their success was helped by the smart recruitment of Pukki, Buendia. Whereas we've had terrible recruitment, not complementing the young talent coming through, relying on teenagers to win us big games. 

I really hope we can stay in the fight between now and January, with the hope of mote investment in the New Year. Having the supporters back is massive for this team and I don't think we'll struggle as badly this year.