v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It is phenomenally strange, not having a phone line or ticket office open.  For a club that is supposedly up crap creek to throw away thousands of pounds seems more than incompetent, so much so my minds whirring as to some clandestine reason for limiting the crowd. 

Phone lines and ticket offices cost money. I sincerely doubt the number of people without internet access is going to cost the club any significant amount of money on balance. If people don't want to adapt thats fine, but it doesn't mean the club has to use a less efficient system just to cater for what will be a vanishingly small proportion of fans.

52 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Roos 

Byrne 

Davies 

Stearman

Buchanan 

Shinnie Sibley Bird 

Lawrence 

Joz 

Stretton

This year will be massive for Stretton, I see him being a great striker for Derby as long as he can shake off the little injuries he gets, he’s so quick and always gets his shot off early. If the go with CKR I’d like to see him play instead of Joz. 
I actually think our starting 11 is good enough to beat Huddersfield, it’s the Bench where we have a real problem.

With that line up, how can the bench be a real problem? If we start as above the bench would most likely feature :-

Forsyth - Over 200 Championship appearances, over 300 professional games and 4 international caps!

Cashin - Most felt relieved and reassured after his performance last week and while I don’t think he has 46 games in him id be more than comfortable with him coming off the bench if there are injuries.

Watson - Many on here would have him starting and have ridiculously high hopes for him 

Thompson - was excellent last week v Notts County and Rooney has spoken highly of him. More than capable for short periods.

Hutchinson - played the most minutes of all the young players pre season and played left wing, right wing, rotated into the 10 v Salford and sat deep centrally v Notts and did well in each. He also has 50 EFL games under his belt 

Festy - changed the dynamic completely when moved further forward v Notts and won us the penalty. Can also play left back and right back and again many on here would be happy to see him start.

CKR - Our main striker and almost talismanic leader. Over 500 senior appearances in 7 different countries and nearly 100 senior goals and played in the top division in at least 3 countries inc the Prem!! Hardly a bad one to have to bring on!

Personally I wouldn’t pick your starting line up but if we did I really wouldn’t worry about the bench!!

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Roos 

Byrne 

Davies 

Stearman

Buchanan 

Shinnie Sibley Bird 

Lawrence 

Joz 

Stretton

This year will be massive for Stretton, I see him being a great striker for Derby as long as he can shake off the little injuries he gets, he’s so quick and always gets his shot off early. If the go with CKR I’d like to see him play instead of Joz. 
I actually think our starting 11 is good enough to beat Huddersfield, it’s the Bench where we have a real problem.

Don't see many if any goals in that line up

49 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Phone lines and ticket offices cost money. I sincerely doubt the number of people without internet access is going to cost the club any significant amount of money on balance. If people don't want to adapt thats fine, but it doesn't mean the club has to use a less efficient system just to cater for what will be a vanishingly small proportion of fans.

I don't use the ticket office and never had but a large portion of our crowds are elderly and not that comfortable with tech.

Now that's perhaps not an issue normally but at the moment all season ticket holders old and young have to go through the online system and either print out tickets or download them into their phones instead of just presenting their normal season ticket cards......this is perhaps a little daunting to be fair.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I don't agree at all.  Particularly with the small proportion.  A lot of people don't like putting personal information on a PC.  The majority of businesses have a phone line for customers- only the worst ones don't. Unless Derby have plans to become Yodel.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't agree at all.  Particularly with the small proportion.  A lot of people don't like putting personal information on a PC.  The majority of businesses have a phone line for customers- only the worst ones don't. Unless Derby have plans to become Yodel.

We’re pretty crap at delivering the goods at the minute.

20-22k is about what we averaged under Nige. Reckon we’ll be about the same. It’s not brilliant but not too bad. For those comparing us to Sheff United - 27000?! Is that all? If we were promotion contenders it would be 33000 sell out.

I will not be there tomorrow as decided to go and get rained on at Trent Bridge. Will probably end up spending the day in pubs constantly refreshing my sky sports app for updates. I am one of the 8,500 who bought a season ticket last season so will be backing the lads all season. 

100% backing tomorrow please and for all the poo going on, I think we might just be better than many on here think. Let’s see what happens

??????????

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Say three in the ticket office from 12 until 2 on a "zero hours contract". I make that a grand total of about £50 in staffing costs. Sell half a dozen tickets and the club is in profit.

It really is a shambles. Covid is an excuse for everything and it's a load of crap.

23 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

11,800 left now - getting closer to a 20k crowd if (30k-11.8k) means over 18k Derby fans there. Imagine Huddersfield will bring a few with it being opening day also

That's 4000+ tickets sold since we made a few glamour signings earlier in the day.

Bloody glory hunters make me sick.

2 hours ago, one_chop said:

Probably can't afford to pay/employ the staff to run it.

they'd earn more money from ticket sales if they had 1 or 2 people in the ticket office. It's quite shocking that they haven't been able to get it sorted and the print at home tickets are definitely a pain. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Say three in the ticket office from 12 until 2 on a "zero hours contract". I make that a grand total of about £50 in staffing costs. Sell half a dozen tickets and the club is in profit.

It really is a shambles. Covid is an excuse for everything and it's a load of crap.

Think this is the whole sad indictment of where we are as a club - sell half a dozen we won't be in profit, we probably won't be in profit if we sell out every home game from now until the end of the season. 

27 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

11,800 left now - getting closer to a 20k crowd if (30k-11.8k) means over 18k Derby fans there. Imagine Huddersfield will bring a few with it being opening day also

you never know might sell another 1,500 or so before 1.00pm tomorrow so we're not too far off only 10,000 left unsold. 

I'm actually feeling a bit more confident at this moment. We may not have the strength in depth but the players we have are by no means pushovers and if we have the right kind of siege mentality we can upset the odds this season.

And yes I'm serious.

Let's not bring any negative energy into the ground tomorrow. Rooney is right, we can get 3 points and that should be the aim. Let's get the mentality right.

Can't wait to be in the ground tomorrow. Imagine what a win would do for this club on the opening day. I'm absolutely certain it would raise spirits massively. It won't solve our structural and financial issues but it will show that we've got some fight in us.

Adrenaline kicking in, I don't think I'm going to get to sleep now!!!

4 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I know some folk will say it's no excuse, but I know of at least one fan who has barely missed a game in 60 years who won't be going as he can't print-off an e-ticket and doesn't have a Smart 'Phone. That really is a crap situation for lots of older fans.

I have managed to get it done for a 73 year old who doesn’t have internet or a mobile phone - it was a long way from being easy and extremely off putting