The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If no new signings that’s probably all we have until Stretton proves his worth. I would say that Ebosele looks more likely to create chances than Jozwiak or Lawrence. Colin is the only central striker we have so is in by default.

It must be one of the weakest front threes in the league.

Kind of goes without saying given we were the lowest scoring side in the division last season.

3 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1423287767191068675?s=21

Derby have released training photos with all the triallists in and all smiling. Makes me wonder if Nixon is full of Bull like usual or if those photos were taken yesterday.

You ever seen the photos that North Korea release from time to time? Everyone's smiling in those too. Just saying... ?

Mel’s comments re the academy are contradictory to what has gone on during his tenure.

We sold Hughes for a pittance to fund a Dad’s Army brigade under Rowett.

Max Lowe was breaking through under Mac 2 then fell completely out of favour under Rowett and Lampard.

If Mel wasn’t happy, why did he back those two to bring in a bunch of ageing players on high wages?

And when he finally looked to go back to square one with Phillip Cocu, he immediately saddled him with Wayne Rooney and pulled the rug from underneath him.

I struggle to understand how somebody acting in the best interests of Derby could do such an appalling job given where we were in 2013-14, 2014-15 and the funds that were at his disposal. There is no malice on Mel’s part, just sheer incompetence and lack of planning/organization throughout his tenure.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I struggle to understand how somebody acting in the best interests of Derby could do such an appalling job given where we were in 2013-14, 2014-15 and the funds that were at his disposal. There is no malice on Mel’s part, just sheer incompetence and lack of planning/organization throughout his tenure.

You see a lot of football fans who like to watch the game but seem to have no actual understanding of it at all. The kind of person that would say things like "Bradley Johnson is great, let's sign him", "Clough should never have sold Shackell", "We haven't had a decent right back since Wisdom left", "Blackman is top of the scoring charts, let's buy him", "Wayne Rooney is still a great player", "Nigel Pearson did a great job at Leicester, he'd be great here too".  It honestly feels like we're being run by one of those types.

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mel’s comments re the academy are contradictory to what has gone on during his tenure.

We sold Hughes for a pittance to fund a Dad’s Army brigade under Rowett.

Max Lowe was breaking through under Mac 2 then fell completely out of favour under Rowett and Lampard.

If Mel wasn’t happy, why did he back those two to bring in a bunch of ageing players on high wages?

And when he finally looked to go back to square one with Phillip Cocu, he immediately saddled him with Wayne Rooney and pulled the rug from underneath him.

Dead right. I’m sure Mel is a good man and has/had the best of intentions but all of that is irrelevant.  If we take a look at where we are now it is utterly shambolic and it’s happened during his tenure. 

16 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Nixon has now said its down to Mel if these players sign. They want confirmation he will fund the wages and continue until the takeover is done. If true its down to Mel. 

He said it's down to Morris to fix this with the EFL

That doesn't give ANY useful info about what the problem is - Just puts responsibility for it on Morris to get the EFL to sort it

Just now, cheron85 said:

That doesn't give ANY useful info about what the problem is - Just puts responsibility for it on Morris to get the EFL to sort it

Isn’t that Mels job? I’m sure he is trying to do so. Isn’t he? 

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Isn’t that Mels job? I’m sure he is trying to do so. Isn’t he? 

Yes - I'm sure he is - But the poster was suggesting that the issues with the EFL were resolved and completing the contracts was now entirely down to Morris

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Exactly, and the EFL could be asking for anything, including something completely unreasonable, that no other club owner has ever had to/will ever have to agree to, just to put the pressure back onto Mel and the club.

Unless we know exactly what it is he has to ‘sort’ then it’s not as simple as saying ‘well sort it then’.

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yes - I'm sure he is - But the poster was suggesting that the issues with the EFL were resolved and completing the contracts was now entirely down to Morris

Nothing surprises me, no doubt things will be a little clearer when @David's detailed report comes out.........   It could be a best seller with the amount of work he is putting into it ?

Why the HMRC has still not been paid is something Mel can surely not hide away from?  Unless they have been paid and I;ve missed something?

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yep,for all we know the HMRC bill is still outstanding.

We basically know very little more than before the meeting took place.

(Having said that,I await David's report with baited breath)

22 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

You see a lot of football fans who like to watch the game but seem to have no actual understanding of it at all. The kind of person that would say things like "Bradley Johnson is great, let's sign him", "Clough should never have sold Shackell", "We haven't had a decent right back since Wisdom left", "Blackman is top of the scoring charts, let's buy him", "Wayne Rooney is still a great player", "Nigel Pearson did a great job at Leicester, he'd be great here too".  It honestly feels like we're being run by one of those types.

Exactly… add to that “I’ve spent millions on the academy, some of them are looking promising… put as many as possible into the first team. It’ll save me cash on first team buys and wages ..”

4 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Dead right. I’m sure Mel is a good man and has/had the best of intentions but all of that is irrelevant.  If we take a look at where we are now it is utterly shambolic and it’s happened during his tenure. 

My first post on this thread but for all the posts, that’s it in a nutshell ?.

He was a fan with quite a lot of money, made through business. So he took a chance when the odds looked good but so many moves have not worked out, either through employing the wrong people, being badly advised and sanctioning some pretty bad signings. Now some will always counter the latter was supporting his manager, but the buck still stops with the money man in my opinion; it has to because he pays the bills and right now it’s led to us being in the position we are.

Someone said earlier, when Mel took over we were in a decent state, pandemic aside, we were always going to be in a worse state, for all his best intentions, aside from the academy investment (which he does deserve more than fair credit for), everything else has led us here.

I’ll be right behind whatever the team on Saturday, but I just hope Mel finds a buyer soon and we move on. Whatever the opinion of Mel, Rooney as manager, this club is bigger than one person and will be here in some form long after both are gone.

This club badly needs a new start, because right now there’s been too much going wrong for too long.