The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Have you listened to the interview ? Think you need to because it’s not the context. See last post I did. 

No, on a work call (not actively listening but need to be 'there'!). I'm basing it in your comments and trusting them to be an accurate representation. Nothing in my post has anything to do with Mel threating, or not threatening, to walk.

What extra context is needed other than what you've provided? Either he said that protests could affect new owners thoughts or he didn't - it's not something that should be mentioned in any context.

Edited by Coconut

16 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Looking forward to @David giving us his report. From what I’ve read and listened to this morning, everything revolves around us coming to an agreement with the EFL. The takeover should then happen and the squad can be overhauled. We may have to rely on loans until the next window, but the academy graduates are going to get some much needed playing time and I hope Sibbo is player of the season.

From my perspective I’m backing Mel to get things sorted, he obviously wants a resolution asap.

Not being sexist, but a lot of k******* wetting going on this morning, get a grip and enjoy seeing the academy lads give it everything v Udders.

Given that I am pretty much sure that every derogatory comment I have read this morning is from a male, I'd say you are being pretty sexist and need to select your epithets more carefully! ?

Car crash in slow motion. Negative news gets leaked, we all go through the ringer getting our heads around it before starting to come to terms with the news. Then wallop even more depressing news gets released and repeat. Seeing people say be careful what you wish for like we should just accept what’s going on because Dr Evil might stop funding us. The prospect of AFC Derby is looking better day by day.

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not how I interpreted it @RoyMac5 as I have said think now minutes should have come out to avoid all the Chinese whispers etc listening to the interview Mel was on about putting off potential investors not him walking away. He was saying he could understand protests and would agree with them 

I'm saying there was a post on here - I can't find it now, hidden or more likely lost in the numbers here's someone quoting its existence.

Ian72 on Twitter: "@totaldcfc @Ramsfan_Jim Basically he says in his tweet earlier no transfers not what was said last night and then basically goes on the radio to say no transfers and defends mel and the nda. Mel wanted out 2 years ago and has screwed this club into the ground ever since. League one inbound" / Twitter

This 'misunderstanding' or whatever is happening here and at the club with manager/players, is a consequence of Mel and his NDA. Put out a bloody statement and clear stuff up!

Just now, Coconut said:

No, on a work call (not actively listening but need to be 'there'!). I'm basing it in your comments and trusting them to be an accurate representation.

What extra context is needed other than what you've provided? Either he said that protests could affect new owners thoughts or he didn't - it's not something that should be mentioned in any contextm

He said that he would agree with the protests if the season started badly and could understand them but if they got toxic it might put off potential investors which could be fair comment. 
I think minutes would have helped because so many Chinese whispers and conflicting info kicking about. 
suppose we will all have to agree and disagree to some extent on what’s happening. 
Be interesting to see @David report when it comes out. 

33 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not what was said if you listen to the interview. Said bad protests might cause prospective new owners to walk away . 

But this is exactly the problem with having the meeting under NDA - people will interpret and conjecture and rumour monger (or munger, whichever it is). Not saying you @Reggie Greenwood, just saying this is the natural outcome of getting a few people in a room and then have them say a few words on what went on.

For me, it just sounded like Mel wanted to tell his side, I understand the need to do that but it's a bit like when you dump the girl and she goes round telling everyone she dumped you - no good really comes of chasing after everyone trying to get them to believe your version of events. It was, as an outsider looking in, a really badly managed activity that seemed to only serve to give Mel a free counseling session.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

*circus music plays*

Was just going to post that, no idea what he actually means by that though.

All trialists handed contracts even though we’re told we can’t sign anyone… and no wages on the contract? What an enticing offer. We’ll register you to play, don’t worry about the money we’ll sort something for you at some point, probably.

Could be the only real booboo was not having the management and player meeting before the supporter meeting.

Wasn't part of the problem we wanted to offer contracts to the trialists but we're only offering real low ball wages, so low trialists with no other interested clubs are going "na, you're alright mate"