The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

I'm sorry didn't realise I had to write a full, detailed, essay on the full ins and outs of a brief snippet of a tweet that said;

TRANSFERS OUT

No serious bids on the table

Obviously if we haven't had any bids then we aren't selling anyone if we haven't had any bids ?‍♂️

It is an important distinction tbf, and hopefully that's the sort of detail that will come later. Are we pretty desperate to sell players to balance the books or not - because the answer is always 'we will sell but only at the right price'. 

1 minute ago, big bad ram said:

I have no sense of entitlement and I don’t have the right to know more than anyone else or know things that I don’t need to. However, if you are communicating to fans it should be tell everyone or don’t say anything at all. This scenario where only certain people know the information is going to cause unnecessary divides between the fan base at a time when we all need to stick together more than ever. 

I can understand what the club have tried to do but feel like it’s turned into a bit of an own goal. 

It's not even half 8... give the guys chance to actually write it all out. They're not professional journalists, some of whom will have had kids to get back to, jobs to wake up to or long journeys to make. Not that easy to whack out a full account of a 4 hour meeting.

I suspect when you read what Daveo will say, and whatever the rest of them say, it will be a lot less inflammatory than what the Punjabi Rams tweeted - which with the lack of detail provided has done nothing but fan flames quite frankly.

Just hold your horses and get angry when we've seen properly what was said.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its easy to say dont give up on us just yet.

I know having kids certainly changed how much I put into supporting the club, I've always had my season ticket but my away trips were seriously curtailed!

I will never give up mate, just get fed up. I think once I see us again on Saturday I won't care about the off-field issues, to be honest. I can't run away too easily with a Derby county emblem tattooed on me ?

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

In other news I have tested positive for Covid this morning despite being double jabbed. Still deciding whether I’m going to blame MM ?

Hopefully because of the jabs it will only be very mild Reggie. Get well soon. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

In other news I have tested positive for Covid this morning despite being double jabbed. Still deciding whether I’m going to blame MM ?

I mean, this is the wrong thread for this, but being jabbed doesn't stop you catching it. Just as a seatbelt doesn't stop a car crash. However, just like seatbelts, the jab could save your life.

Obviously have people have stated let’s wait for the full report. However listening to Jim from Ramstrust on Radio Derby just makes it more frustrating. I think as Derby fan I need to get my head round I will never know what’s happened at the club over the last few years, and won’t know if I have a club to support for the next few years. 

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I remember when Jim Smith took over Derby, the fans were not positive then either.

Maybe this season will be a reset. Wage bill down and if the fans stick with us we may find that this time next season we will be on a more sound financial footing.

Who knows, along the way we may even enjoy watching some of our own youngsters progress through the ranks.

By a club of this stature, do you mean one that has been in The Championship for the last 13 years and, as it stands, is still in The Championship and on the same amount of points as every other team in the division?

I remember in the infamous 11 point season how our fans won admiration for being the 12th man, maybe it is time that we stepped up to the plate again rather than sitting here crying like spoilt little babies who cant get what we want.

After 17 months without being a match, I cannot wait to be back in Pride Park on Saturday getting behind whichever players pull on a Rams shirt. Unfortunately, I think there are plenty who have missed an opportunity to vent their anger who are equally excited.

I like the positivity. 

But we are miles off when Jim Smith took over.

It’s a great chance for a reset, but we can’t reset without funds to do so and an embargo paralysing our club. The fans would and will step up I’m sure. But the club haven’t treated them brilliantly these last few months. Until Morris sorts this mess out we’re going nowhere. No matter what you say about 13 years in the champ, we’re still a big club and shouldn’t be in this position. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Obviously have people have stated let’s wait for the full report. However listening to Jim from Ramstrust on Radio Derby just makes it more frustrating. I think as Derby fan I need to get my head round I will never know what’s happened at the club over the last few years, and won’t know if I have a club to support for the next few years. 

We do know what happened because we see the outcome of it as where we are now. What Mel was giving them was 'his reasons'. TBH I don't give a monkey's about the past, what about going forward?

This ongoing poo with him and the EFL that's stopping us sign players for the next season is just bullshitting.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We do know what happened because we see the outcome of it as where we are now. What Mel was giving them was 'his reasons'. TBH I don't give a monkey's about the past, what about going forward?

This ongoing poo with him and the EFL that's stopping us sign players for the next season is just bullshitting.

Totally agree Roy, just thought it was a terrible interview that didn’t give us anything. I’m looking forward to the reports from others to hopefully see some glimmers of light and clarity on what was said. 

Just now, enachops said:

I like the positivity. 

But we are miles off when Jim Smith took over.

It’s a great chance for a reset, but we can’t reset without funds to do so and an embargo paralysing our club. The fans would and will step up I’m sure. But the club haven’t treated them brilliantly these last few months. Until Morris sorts this mess out we’re going nowhere. No matter what you say about 13 years in the champ, we’re still a big club and shouldn’t be in this position. 

Not really far off 

Jim Smith brought in a few journey men and promoted a promising youngster and once it gelled a bit he brought in a diamond and we went to the summit and promotion followed to the top league and more money and even better players - But we managed that without half the division receiving huge parachute payments - we can’t compete with that which is where all our financial problems stem from.

Fully understand the passion but just for context……..Forest are in exactly the same position. Their attempted signings are just PR exercises…..Doig from Hibernian, Buchanan from Derby, Laurent from Reading and now an apparent 9m bid for Man City U23 player Morgan. None of these players will be signed and they have only signed a reserve goalkeeper to date despite also losing lots of players over the summer.