George Edmundson - signed for Ipswich

DCFC1388

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Guess it all depends if he is 1 of the ones Rooney has spoken to and is happy to wait to join us once we can make permanent signings

Well I'm sure he'd rather play in the championship than in League one. It's just a question of whether we are actually allowed to get it done. If we can, then we'll get him. 

38 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Well I'm sure he'd rather play in the championship than in League one. It's just a question of whether we are actually allowed to get it done. If we can, then we'll get him. 

I really hope we can. 

3 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Is there a salary cap in L1?

No, it was proposed (and I think even accepted by the owners) but the PFA made a very strong case as to why it wasn’t legal and it went away.

I don’t even think there is FFP in League One either. 

As Ipswich looks to sign edmundson, Derby remind that efl have prevented then being competitive.

Derby can't sign decent players since although efl have allowed them to sign 4 players because derbys squad is to weak, they can only sign these players if they pay less than competitive salaries.

Rooney said he's struggling to field a team in the championship this season with so few senior players. 

Derby currently only has nine registered senior players, two of whom are goalkeepers.