Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

In fairness, how do you know Mel or anyone else, "isn't doing anything"?

It's clear we have quite a few 'enemies' in this battle, and I can't imagine it's something you can resolve in a couple days with a few emails back and forth.

Any journalists reporting on the matter have highlighted that we are trying to iron out the disagreements and sort something - so that is doing something. And to be honest, I can't really see us signing anybody who isn't already training at the Club, so although it would be nice to get them signed as early as possible and have that guarantee, it doesn't matter too much if it takes another few days because they're here and they're still training.

More clarity and communication would of course be nice, but the amount anyone on here knows about the ins and outs of running a football club like Derby is next to nothing. Mel already has the Supporter Charter's Meeting arranged, let's wait and see what he does and doesn't give us then. 

Nobody knows what Mel is doing because he doesn't bother to engage with supporters 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Coles' tweets were Monday - It's Friday of the same week - If everything in his tweets is to be believed the negotiations with the EFL and HMRC are probably taking time - The club can't just force other organisations to work at the timescale they desire 

I'm sorry mate. But this has been going on so long and we're down to a week before the season starts. 

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm sorry mate. But this has been going on so long and we're down to a week before the season starts. 

I get the frustration and I'm frustrated too - But we can only get resolutions as quickly as these other organisations are willing to go

Coles confirmed that we'd had the books ready but needed clarification from the EFL on some points - I doubt the EFL have an in house accountant so they've probably had to bring someone in - And all that takes time - Which I appreciate we don't really have but the EFL don't really care about that

Same issue with HMRC - Have you ever dealt with them? Because like any bureaucracy they're perfectly able to handle large amounts of data but very slow at dealing with individual issues - That's the same if you're Joe Bloggs, Mel Morris, Derby County FC or Google

At this point we have to hang on and hope the EFL and HMRC can get things sorted in time for us to sign some players 

12 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Didn't he speak to a fans group the other day? or hasn't it happened yet?

He's supposed to be. Not happened as of yet.

That's not good enough though. Why just fan groups? Why only a select few?

I think he should sit Infront of RamsTV and front up to every supporter. Not just the select few that are in a supporters group.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think he should sit Infront of RamsTV and front up to every supporter. Not just the select few that are in a supporters group.

You seem to be under the impression that every supporter is craving information  - not necessarily the case.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Even if its not Mel, a statement on his behalf would go a long way.

With a week until the season starts we have a threadbare squad, even with half a dozen or so free signings next week, we'd still be relying on the majority of players playing the majority of the season to even have a chance - and thats not to mention everything else thats going on around the club.

How we've got into this state, and more importantly how we're going to get out of it (assuming there is no buyer on the horizon) really needs answering.  

There is very little positivity around Derby County atm and its quite draining on the average fan.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

You seem to be under the impression that every supporter is craving information  - not necessarily the case.

Whilst I'm craving information, I'm not craving Mel to be crucified live on camera!

I was glad to hear he went to the Betis game but sad to hear he almost crept. #WeAreAllDerby

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think we have to consider the fact we don't know Mel's current health situation before we start demanding things from him.

But hopefully the fans group meeting will be recorded so everyone can see it.

35 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yes good idea you get the rotten tomatoes and I'll provide the stocks 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I'm craving information, I'm not craving Mel to be crucified live on camera!

I was glad to hear he went to the Betis game but sad to hear he almost crept. #WeAreAllDerby

He wouldn't be. 

He'd screen every question beforehand.

When I saw Mel walk into the directors area against Betis i said to my brother, he is walking like he has just won the lottery, for saying he has almost brought the club to its knees and is about to watch the worse squad of players (many of which arent ours) and approaching a season of woe, he has a bloody big bounce in his step. I saw him tap his bezzie mate Pearce on the shoulder, wink at Betty in row Z all whilst chomping on a nuclear roast potato.

So either he knew something we didnt, or he honestly couldnt give a damn ?

If it was me responsible for a centre back pairing of 39 year old Jagielka and Davis, none of which belong to us, I'd probably go into hiding and wait for all this to blow over.