Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

33 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As far as I was aware,we were blocked from doing that by the efl due to hmrc debt?

Chris Coles was saying that we were in talks with HMRC to throw a bit of money their way which could loosen the restrictions a bit to allow us to sign *some* players (don’t know how many), maybe that’s what has happened?

12 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Was hoping for one or two today 

Might as well wait until next week now, no point using up 2 of the allowable signings on centre backs who subsequently get injured against Notts on Sunday.

I still cannot believe we are not out of this situation.

They hung out some statements to Chris Coles and the Derby Telegraph. To appease the fans.

This has been ongoing so long now and Mel Morris hasn't done anything.

Season starts a week tomorrow and our manager has 2 starting elevens in his head because he doesn't know if he can sign a player or not.

All this going on and Mel and Stephen Pearce don't say a word.

Mel was at the game the other night. But he didn't arrive early like usual. 

Got there when everyone was already inside.

I hate everything about what this club has become.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

They hung out some statements to Chris Coles and the Derby Telegraph. To appease the fans.

Season starts a week tomorrow and our manager has 2 starting elevens in his head because he doesn't know if he can sign a player or not.

Coles' tweets were Monday - It's Friday of the same week - If everything in his tweets is to be believed the negotiations with the EFL and HMRC are probably taking time - The club can't just force other organisations to work at the timescale they desire 

14 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

In fairness, how do you know Mel or anyone else, "isn't doing anything"?

It's clear we have quite a few 'enemies' in this battle, and I can't imagine it's something you can resolve in a couple days with a few emails back and forth.

Any journalists reporting on the matter have highlighted that we are trying to iron out the disagreements and sort something - so that is doing something. And to be honest, I can't really see us signing anybody who isn't already training at the Club, so although it would be nice to get them signed as early as possible and have that guarantee, it doesn't matter too much if it takes another few days because they're here and they're still training.

More clarity and communication would of course be nice, but the amount anyone on here knows about the ins and outs of running a football club like Derby is next to nothing. Mel already has the Supporter Charter's Meeting arranged, let's wait and see what he does and doesn't give us then.