Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When I saw Mel walk into the directors area against Betis i said to my brother, he is walking like he has just won the lottery, for saying he has almost brought the club to its knees and is about to watch the worse squad of players (many of which arent ours) and approaching a season of woe, he has a bloody big bounce in his step. I saw him tap his bezzie mate Pearce on the shoulder, wink at Betty in row Z all whilst chomping on a nuclear roast potato.

So either he knew something we didnt, or he honestly couldnt give a damn ?

If it was me responsible for a centre back pairing of 39 year old Jagielka and Davis, none of which belong to us, I'd probably go into hiding and wait for all this to blow over.

Simon Pegg Wink GIF by Working Title

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When I saw Mel walk into the directors area against Betis i said to my brother, he is walking like he has just won the lottery, for saying he has almost brought the club to its knees and is about to watch the worse squad of players (many of which arent ours) and approaching a season of woe, he has a bloody big bounce in his step. I saw him tap his bezzie mate Pearce on the shoulder, wink at Betty in row Z all whilst chomping on a nuclear roast potato.

If it was me responsible for a centre back pairing of 39 year old Jagielka and Davis, none of which belong to us, I'd probably go into hiding and wait for all this to blow over.

Our back three will do a warm up involving rolling downhill in a barrel.

image.jpeg.752d840aeea79a698889a60b06ff1767.jpeg

34 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He wouldn't be. 

He'd screen every question beforehand.

Whatever. You knew what I meant. I don't want to see a public hanging. What good would it do other than cause more division?

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or he does give a damn and wanted to see the game.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whatever. You knew what I meant. I don't want to see a public hanging. What good would it do other than cause more division?

If he's putting himself in front of an audience,albeit a select one then I'm sure that he will be prepared for  rigorous questioning.

And it's fair that's he questioned about the problems in and off the pitch.

You were a big critic of Mel in the past Roy pre rooney (together with many others including myself on occasion) and answering the big questions could help quell some of those critics.

It's not about a public hanging.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You were a big critic of Mel in the past Roy pre rooney (together with many others including myself on occasion) and answering the big questions could help quell some of those critics.

It's not about a public hanging.

The original comment further back made it sound like that - where have I said I don't want answers? Yes I am a big critic of Mel, but you can't change the past and' I'm not baying for blood.'

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The original comment further back made it sound like that - where have I said I don't want answers? Yes I am a big critic of Mel, but you can't change the past and' I'm not baying for blood.'

I'm sure there are a few who are but they are in the minority but as you say most just want to see some explanations so we can understand quite what has gone on.

And we definitely need to learn from the past even if it can't be changed as this club seems to be in a repetitive self destructive cycle.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's some middle ground like anything in life Roy, I don't think the majority of supporters expect a public hanging as you put it but a prepared series of answers to pre-fed questions is the other end of the spectrum.

I'd be happy if Mel was asked a series of challenging, robust questions some of which may be slightly uncomfortable for him to answer but nevertheless totally relevant and important to be answered given the gravity of the current situation. 

A decade ago we were all getting excited over ‘Shaun Barker’ type fees. That was the buzzword back then.

Five years ago such fees were chump change, spent on unknowns like Abdoul Camara and the not-so-prolific Nick Blackman.

We’re now scraping the barrel again, and Nick Blackman would probably be a welcome addition these days!

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's some middle ground like anything in life Roy, I don't think the majority of supporters expect a public hanging as you put it but a prepared series of answers to pre-fed questions is the other end of the spectrum.

I'd be happy if Mel was asked a series of challenging, robust questions some of which may be slightly uncomfortable for him to answer but nevertheless totally relevant and important to be answered given the gravity of the current situation. 

Does anyone really think that there are going to be any concrete answers to what's going on,just more platitudes,things are in progress etc,etc. Cannot comment on this and that for confidentially reasons.

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Does anyone really think that there are going to be any concrete answers to what's going on,just more platitudes,things are in progress etc,etc. Cannot comment on this and that for confidentially reasons.

Fair comment I guess that's why I posted my potential questions on the other thread trying to avoid ones that would be unable to be fully answered due to NDA implications or the like. 

I think the answers are going to show a Diehard Rams fan, who tried to do his best, with sometimes bad advice,

but with the best intentions to get us back in the Prem (isn't hindsight a wonderful thing, when you don't make

the decisions) However, after saying that it would be nice to here what he has to say under fire!!