Wages

Poynton ram

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

So with Mssrs Ibe, Marriott and Waghorn off the wage bill and Clarke and the other loanees gone how much are we saving in weekly wages? Must be at least £30k per week and possibly more if you believe some of the numbers quoted.

I’d wager it’s way more than 30k week saved on those 3 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Apparently the wages in June were £1.2m for the month. That should be around £1m a month carried forward to July.

Lawrence will now be the biggest earner by quite a margin.

Bielik won't be too far off. Big gap to next highest though - can't imagine anyone else being above the £12k mark

4 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Waghorn would have been double that at least I think...

There's a few on here believe he was on circa 10k a week but I still don't understand that. He was signed by Lampard for £5m, beating Boro (I gather) to his signature & after a best ever season with Ipswich (he scored 16 goals). Marriott signed the week before Waghorn on at least £20k a week having played at a level below, why would Waghorn's agent accept £10k a week? Plus our current wage limit due to the embargo is £11.5k a week so find it hard to believe we'd be obliged to offer him much better terms as a 31 year old.

As to the OP query - I believe Wisdom & Marriott were both on £20k plus a week with Malone not far behind. Factoring in Jozefzoon & Waghorn also, I suspect we're saving between £4.5m - £5m a year with all five off the wage bill. We will be looking to re-sign Davies though (who was also on big wages) but on a much lower playing wage with a coaching gig attached.

p.s. Re Ibe, I'd be surprised if we paid him much of a basic wage by the standards of most our players (no more than £5k a week/£250k a year) - been oft-reported his contract was primarily incentive based

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What's Dean Holdsworth doing atm?

Actually bringing back Rosenoir to kick a football about isn't a bad shout he can't do any worse than the job he's currently doing.  

How do you know what LR is or not contributing have you been to Moor Farm to watch training ? 

17 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

So explain what he does or does not do on the training ground ? Easy to make snide comments with no knowledge 

It looks like he'll be here next season too, so he obviously does his job. Maybe he's our Brains to Wayne's Jeff?! #COYR

grafton2.png

Edited by RoyMac5