At What Point Do You Cancel Your Season Ticket?

Sheikh n Bake

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Wondering why the game's been moved to Friday /lunchtime /Sunday /Monday? ?

Haha don’t get me started on that one ??

It might be quite a good idea if the club were to now send out S/T letters to subscribing fans, such as used to happen in January / February when the world was different.

We have become so habituated to the online abuse and season-on-season of purgatory posturing from the EFL, plus the resultant press clickbait and social media frenzy, that a touch or ordinary communication would be a refreshing change.

Time to reset and restore a bit of the fans' faith in the operation. 

1 hour ago, Woodypecker said:

It might be quite a good idea if the club were to now send out S/T letters to subscribing fans, such as used to happen in January / February when the world was different.

We have become so habituated to the online abuse and season-on-season of purgatory posturing from the EFL, plus the resultant press clickbait and social media frenzy, that a touch or ordinary communication would be a refreshing change.

Having my season ticket cards through my letterbox would be a welcome development.

2 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

I'm sure they will, now they know what they can put in them.

I've been going for 30 years and this will be the first season I do not have a season ticket.

It has been coming for me though. Bar the Lampard season I wasn't enjoying it. The football has been awful. 

The only reason I've renewed the last few seasons have been fear of missing out. Like what if the next season I don't renew and it's the season we do it.

Well after missing last season it's safe to assume that I won't be missing out on anything. 9 goals from open play was it last season? I would have left early on many occasions last season to save my own sanity and to stop myself from having to pay for anger management.

No players, an inexperienced manager who hasn't got a clue, a weaker squad following on from a season where we stayed up by a miracle. I can't justify £500 for me and my son to go and watch this.

Also I feel that the club has treated the fans with utter contempt these last 18 months and I have rapidly fell out of love with the club.

That coupled with my son playing football on a Saturday late morning now has just meant that the time has come for me to call it a day.

I might get tickets for odd games, go to the odd away game here and there.

I know people who have been going a lot longer than me that have had enough.

It's an interesting debate, there seems to be a schizm between those who will buy a season ticket year in year out regardless of what league we are in as it's part of their Saturday social fabric and those who are getting disenfranchised with the recent issues at the club and it seems that any enjoyment has been systematically eroded over the past few seasons. 

I never really fell into the first camp and maybe unsurprisingly for a lot of posters on here the enjoyment for me has been steadily eroded which probably manifests itself on how I come across on here - not making any excuses just saying how it is. 

All of the issues off the field now have just eclipsed what happens on it and it's become more than just an unwelcome distraction. The communication from the club recently has been appalling let's been totally honest and even making a statement saying there's no updates is better than just radio static.

I'm not really arsed if we play in League 1 or the Premiership I am bothered about the club being turned into a circus which is where we have gradually been dragged by the current owner. Anyhows we live in hope that a new owner can come in and try to run the club in a more coherent fashion which is probably the politest way to phrase things. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've been going for 30 years and this will be the first season I do not have a season ticket.

It has been coming for me though. Bar the Lampard season I wasn't enjoying it. The football has been awful. 

The only reason I've renewed the last few seasons have been fear of missing out. Like what if the next season I don't renew and it's the season we do it.

Well after missing last season it's safe to assume that I won't be missing out on anything. 9 goals from open play was it last season? I would have left early on many occasions last season to save my own sanity and to stop myself from having to pay for anger management.

No players, an inexperienced manager who hasn't got a clue, a weaker squad following on from a season where we stayed up by a miracle. I can't justify £500 for me and my son to go and watch this.

Also I feel that the club has treated the fans with utter contempt these last 18 months and I have rapidly fell out of love with the club.

That coupled with my son playing football on a Saturday late morning now has just meant that the time has come for me to call it a day.

I might get tickets for odd games, go to the odd away game here and there.

I know people who have been going a lot longer than me that have had enough.

Oh come on buddy the lads and the club need every penny it can get I seen plenty worse but that does not put me off.

I will renew as soon as I can no shadow about it.

I assume with the recent government announcement that crowds will be allowed without any legal restrictions on attendance or distancing? However, I believe there is a caveat that some businesses may wish should have their own rules about using face coverings / social distancing. I would like to think the football league would be in dialogue with the clubs and an announcement made to clarify? 

3 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I assume with the recent government announcement that crowds will be allowed without any legal restrictions on attendance or distancing? However, I believe there is a caveat that some businesses may wish should have their own rules about using face coverings / social distancing. I would like to think the football league would be in dialogue with the clubs and an announcement made to clarify? 

It will not be made law anymore meaning clubs can not force anyone to wear a mask if they dont want.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

It will not be made law anymore meaning clubs can not force anyone to wear a mask if 

And all these people who won't wear masks expect the NHS to look after them if they catch the delta variant

11 minutes ago, superzak said:

And all these people who won't wear masks expect the NHS to look after them if they catch the delta variant

Even a mate of mine who is a nurse even he says masks do not work against it.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

It will not be made law anymore meaning clubs can not force anyone to wear a mask if they dont want.

I think there is something in the rules / guidance that allows businesses to have additional precautions within their business. For example, I believe Ryanair will still require passengers to wear face masks on their flights even after 19th July.