EFL Verdict

DCFC90

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The rich and famous including senior business people seem to be able to travel still and can get through the loops and unless @charlotteram really does work for the state department we dont really know whether someone has been given an exceptional visa to travel to the USA or not under current restrictions.  If they published circumstances in which they were allowed people would ensure they fit the circumstances. As they dont requests would presumably be considered on a case by case basis. It would seem odd for the BBC to mention someone is in the US if they are not. Not sure if to save the greatest football ball on earth  managed by that DC United hero Wayne Rooney from administration would be a good enough reason for an exceptional visa! We would say yes but probably most would get out the big rubber stamp saying "visa denied". I guess all will hopefully become clear at some point but in the meantime discussions and learning about USA travel restrictions has passed another day of nothing happening

To be fair on Charlotte Ram, its extremely difficult to get into the US without having an existing US visa. Getting a US visa (e.g. H1B, B1, L1 etc.) was made difficult by Trump, who then suspended the visa programs for sometime. This created a big backlog so even when Biden came in and released the brakes, it still takes a long time to get one. This is on top of the COVID restrictions which mean that even if you have a visa you still can't enter if you've been in certain countries 14 days prior (this incl. UK, EU etc.).

That being said, Mel may already have a US visa or green card (I wouldn't be surprised if he did) so the only real blocker to him getting into the US would be travelling from a banned country. Even then, a quick two week stop over in Mexico or the Caribbean would mean he could get in.

46 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The rich and famous including senior business people seem to be able to travel still and can get through the loops and unless @charlotteram really does work for the state department we dont really know whether someone has been given an exceptional visa to travel to the USA or not under current restrictions.  If they published circumstances in which they were allowed people would ensure they fit the circumstances. As they dont requests would presumably be considered on a case by case basis. It would seem odd for the BBC to mention someone is in the US if they are not. Not sure if to save the greatest football ball on earth  managed by that DC United hero Wayne Rooney from administration would be a good enough reason for an exceptional visa! We would say yes but probably most would get out the big rubber stamp saying "visa denied". I guess all will hopefully become clear at some point but in the meantime discussions and learning about USA travel restrictions has passed another day of nothing happening

For the avoidance of doubt I do not work at the State Department, I do however have some British Machinery in my plant which has needed urgent maintenance by the manufacturer and under their instruction I wrote to the State department for them to grant entry approval for a Brit to come over as it was affecting US Employment. The entry was denied leading me to look at all possibilities of getting a Brit over. I could not find any possibility. If Mel was a green card holder he would have to be resident in the USA and leaving the USA for more than 12 months would invalidate that green card, also HB1 visas grant the right to work in the USA which patently Mel does not.

My view remains that the story about him being in the USA are BS 

On 13/07/2021 at 18:06, RamsFan10 said:

Feel as if we must be fairly confident of the accounts submission going well if we're gathering out-of-contract players like we are. The only way we can sign them is if we pass this final hurdle. 

Genuine question - if we do release our accounts and they do end up breaching ffp do we then still stay under an embargo or do we just get the points deduction?

6 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Sorry it is still BS, business travel not allowed unless authorised by USA embassy.

You can actually go to the USA but you must first sit for 14 days anywhere but the uk and Ireland the EU area China, Iran, India and Brazil - personally 2 weeks in Cancun then over to Florida would be the shortest route (All of which is Barmy by the USA) 

5 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Visa waiver program currently suspended, B1 visa almost impossible to get, the facts you quote are pre-covid

Visa waiver is not currently suspended (Esta) I renewed the other month - can’t go unless I want to holiday for two weeks first somewhere allowed.

1 hour ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

To be fair on Charlotte Ram, its extremely difficult to get into the US without having an existing US visa. Getting a US visa (e.g. H1B, B1, L1 etc.) was made difficult by Trump, who then suspended the visa programs for sometime. This created a big backlog so even when Biden came in and released the brakes, it still takes a long time to get one. This is on top of the COVID restrictions which mean that even if you have a visa you still can't enter if you've been in certain countries 14 days prior (this incl. UK, EU etc.).

That being said, Mel may already have a US visa or green card (I wouldn't be surprised if he did) so the only real blocker to him getting into the US would be travelling from a banned country. Even then, a quick two week stop over in Mexico or the Caribbean would mean he could get in.

Yes I know. My husband (usually) travels with work. My main point was that unless we work for the relevant US agency or know someone personally, then like with most speculation on here we just dont know whether someone has managed to get a visa or not and cant rule it out categorically. For example my son has  a US passport but only our immediate family knows that. 

22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Visa waiver is not currently suspended (Esta) I renewed the other month - can’t go unless I want to holiday for two weeks first somewhere allowed.

Visa waiver renewal is not suspended but using it to travel from the UK to the USA is, also telling homeland security when they look at your passport that you have spent 14 days in another country to gain access from the UK will get you a nice immediate flight back to the UK and a denied entry stamp in your passport.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Visa waiver renewal is not suspended but using it to travel from the UK to the USA is, also telling homeland security when they look at your passport that you have spent 14 days in another country to gain access from the UK will get you a nice immediate flight back to the UK and a denied entry stamp in your passport.

The part about 14 days in another country is a reality and plenty of people have and continue to need to do it 

17 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It would appear that the fake Sheik went to great lengths to fool everyone, as he did with Newcastle. 

Interesting that Pearce went to great lengths to explain that he was not a ‘fake sheik’.  The most convincing explanation of what happened with BZI came from the UAE journalist on SBW who had been told that there was a Mr Big behind BZI who simply changed his mind. This was echoed by a lady journalist in the U.K. (can’t remember who) who said in January that she was informed of difficulties with the ‘investor group’. This suggests Pearce and Mel thought Khalid was the one but in fact he was fronting for an investor who had committed but then backed out. So Pearce would say (defensively) that the Sheikh was genuine in his commitment and perhaps that’s true. But the questions for Pearce are: why didn’t you get a strong contractual commitment early in the process and why didn’t you ensure the controller approved by the EFL was in fact the real controller? It was Mel’s first attempt at selling a club, and he showed that doing something difficult for the first time can result in egg on face. First thing you should do is find an adviser (not a broker as you point out I think) who has seen it all. I’d guess he did not. Doesn’t help that we were in a pandemic - it was a dreadful time to be selling a club. But having stumbled on the first step the performance with Alonso was seriously worrying and raises major questions about the levels of competence at management level at the club. 

The reason the ‘he fooled Newcastle and he fooled us’ line is hard to swallow is this: why would a successful, sophisticated, well-connected UAE businessman make bids for clubs that he couldn’t or didn’t intend to buy? He’s surely got better things to do with his time. 

56 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Pearce was also keen to point out he had nothing to do with that deal. Which I think is a shocking admission in itself for the CEO.

The CEO is there to run the club - if the owner wants to sell the business, he does not need to include the CEO in any negotiaions. Seems some folk are just looking for things to moan about.....

58 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Pearce was also keen to point out he had nothing to do with that deal. Which I think is a shocking admission in itself for the CEO.

Probably shows how desperate MM is to sell, Pearce might have seen through Alonso and didn't want to get involved.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

The CEO is there to run the club - if the owner wants to sell the business, he does not need to include the CEO in any negotiaions. Seems some folk are just looking for things to moan about.....

You'd be right, if it weren't that Pearce is also on the board of Directors and is the Company Secretary! The Board of Directors have legal obligations specifically around things such as selling the club!

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

You'd be right, if it weren't that Pearce is also on the board of Directors and is the Company Secretary! The Board of Directors have legal obligations specifically around things such as selling the club!

Is he on the board of Gellaw Newco 203 Ltd, which will be the company being sold?