EFL Verdict

DCFC90

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

maybe Mel was let down by his advisers. Maybe he uses advisers who tell him what he wants to hear. 
The main problem with going with BZI was that the money was (we have been told) coming from elsewhere. That’s a train wreck in the making for a load of reasons, including that the EFl have not approved the right controller. 

As the advisors are paid on a percentage of the sales price on top of their fees, I find it inconceivable that they would blow smoke up Mel’s ass. 
it would appear that the fake Sheik went to great lengths to fool everyone, as he did with Newcastle. 
going forwards if I was Mel I would ask for cash to be put into ESCROW before even talking or giving access to the data room.

On 12/07/2021 at 13:30, RoyMac5 said:

Which Americans is it so I can google for info on them?

Has anyone answered this for you? In order that they were rumoured:-

Ted Leonsis - Monumental Sports, Washington sports teams, $1.2bn personal wealth

Micky Arison - Carnival Cruise Corporation, Miami Heat $6.5bn

Michael G Rubin - Fanatics Inc, Philadelphia 76ers, $6.2bn

not aware of any more rumours

55 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

Has anyone answered this for you? In order that they were rumoured:-

Ted Leonsis - Monumental Sports, Washington sports teams, $1.2bn personal wealth

Micky Arison - Carnival Cruise Corporation, Miami Heat $6.5bn

Michael G Rubin - Fanatics Inc, Philadelphia 76ers, $6.2bn

not aware of any more rumours

duck, that's a lot of 'money' to have, ain't it.

42 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

More than anyone could need, so why not buy a football club? Unsubstantiated rumours that Mel was staying with "Micky" in Miami over the last week or so. Make of that what you will.

Could be "Micky" Horton?

Edited by Carnero

1 minute ago, cool_as_custard said:

Arison is known as Micky. Don't think Horton is ever referred to like that. Also, Arison is supposed to "live" on two super yachts mainly moored off Miami. They look a little shabby though....

Mylin IV

Sirona III

Just checked the screenshots your referring to and it actually says "Mick" which could be either ?

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Sorry it is still BS, business travel not allowed unless authorised by USA embassy.

Does that automatically mean it’s BS then? What are the criteria for the US Embassy authorisation? 

I’m not getting carried away and celebrating a done deal by any means (we’ve been here too many times to believe anything until it’s signed and sealed) but, unless you can enlighten us as to the criteria (genuine request) I don’t know how you can dismiss it as BS purely based on the US travel restrictions.

8 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Sorry it is still BS, business travel not allowed unless authorised by USA embassy.

Not saying it's true that MM has been over, but unless someone was telling the BBC porkies they appear to have let Horton in, so why wouldn't they let Mel in?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57714759

"BBC Sport has been told by more than one source that Gabay has no involvement in Derby. In addition, it has been told local businessman Mike Horton, while being a business associate of Morris, has been to the United States for personal business reasons"

Edited by Coconut

23 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Direct quote from the US Department of State website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/business.html):-

A foreign national traveling to the United States to conduct temporary business needs a visitor visa (B-1) unless qualifying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program.

Examples of temporary business include:

Attending business meetings or consultations

Attending a business convention or conference

Negotiating contracts

Not saying he definitely is or isn't in the US, but I would say that if he wanted to there are no real barriers to him getting permission

59 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

Direct quote from the US Department of State website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/business.html):-

A foreign national traveling to the United States to conduct temporary business needs a visitor visa (B-1) unless qualifying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program.

Examples of temporary business include:

Attending business meetings or consultations

Attending a business convention or conference

Negotiating contracts

Not saying he definitely is or isn't in the US, but I would say that if he wanted to there are no real barriers to him getting permission

Visa waiver program currently suspended, B1 visa almost impossible to get, the facts you quote are pre-covid

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Hey CR - Since you obviously work for the US state department can you confirm when the US government will be considering opening the border again? Keen to get a holiday in

To be fair to @Charlotte Ram, I have googled it to try and find current advice on business travel to the US -it’s not easy to find anything very clear.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

To be fair to @Charlotte Ram, I have googled it to try and find current advice on business travel to the US -it’s not easy to find anything very clear.

Travel ban USA

The American government currently does not exclude travellers based on their nationality, but it does do so based on their recent stay (or transit) in certain countries. They can still be denied entry into the United States even if they possess a valid ESTA, due to the risk of spreading the coronavirus. This temporary measure is better known as the travel ban. The travel ban means that no travellers will be allowed on US territory who in the 14 days before their trip have been to the United Kingdom, Ireland or any of the countries listed below:

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Just checked the screenshots your referring to and it actually says "Mick" which could be either ?

4 hours ago, cool_as_custard said:

Arison is known as Micky. Don't think Horton is ever referred to like that. Also, Arison is supposed to "live" on two super yachts mainly moored off Miami. They look a little shabby though....

Mylin IV

Sirona III

Could be he is a fan of LA Rock Group The Knack and bought it so he could stand on the Quayside and say "That's my Sirona."

The rich and famous including senior business people seem to be able to travel still and can get through the loops and unless @charlotteram really does work for the state department we dont really know whether someone has been given an exceptional visa to travel to the USA or not under current restrictions.  If they published circumstances in which they were allowed people would ensure they fit the circumstances. As they dont requests would presumably be considered on a case by case basis. It would seem odd for the BBC to mention someone is in the US if they are not. Not sure if to save the greatest football ball on earth  managed by that DC United hero Wayne Rooney from administration would be a good enough reason for an exceptional visa! We would say yes but probably most would get out the big rubber stamp saying "visa denied". I guess all will hopefully become clear at some point but in the meantime discussions and learning about USA travel restrictions has passed another day of nothing happening