RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

If you get to watch every game for that price I don't think £25 is that much? Season is played over 10 months (August to May), so £250 total spend (not sure if you have to pay a full £25 in May with it normally being 1 game) which means is £5.44 a game. 

Are cup games included?

12 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

I found a monthly withdrawal for Amazon Prime (£7.99) on my statement last month.

Never having (knowingly!) taken out a subscription I queried this with Amazon without success.

My bank confirmed that six payments had been made and they cancelled the instruction and issued a replacement debit card.

My statement this month shows nothing from Amazon and my bank made six "fraud refunds" totalling £55.94!

It always pays to keep on top of income and expenditure.

BTW........to double a subscription and hope that the payee accepts it unchallenged seems to border on the immoral.

Rams TV charges me £5 per month but I would cancel immediately were it to double!

Yup, i can tolerate £5/month for the audio commentry but i would not tolerate more.

And yes, you need to keep on top of things. I recently paid £59.99 for a year's subscription to the Athletic which I dind't mean to do at the end of the 30 day trial period.....it's my own fault for not cancelling and the auto response of "we do not refund subscription fees" wasn't very helpful. D'oh! Oh well, i might have to get my petty revenge by telling Ryan Conway I don't think turtle necks don't suit him all year.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It was far too cheap before compared to what UK subscribers have had to pay to watch the same thing.

£25 per month to have access to most home and away games for the entire season still sounds a reasonable price.

ultimately it is down to whether it is value for money.  I keep paying mine the whole year but now it is just not worth it.  No Cup games (well that is rare anyway) and the need to fly to Amsterdam every time it is blacked out in Spain due to Sky coverage is a pain and not free by the way.  Not the club's fault but the timing could not have been worse really

Although I agree that £25 per month is probably fair, a 100% increase does seem excessive. Add in the months where there are fewer games, either naturally or due to Sky, then the actual price per game wasn't so low as others suggest  (hi @i-Ram). I like @Spanish don't bother stopping my subscription in the summer, and have never even considered doing so in the months where most games are blacked out. Will I pay the £25? I don't know. I shall be stopping my subscription with immediate effect however whilst I decide what to do over the summer.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Although I agree that £25 per month is probably fair, a 100% increase does seem excessive. Add in the months where there are fewer games, either naturally or due to Sky, then the actual price per game wasn't so low as others suggest  (hi @i-Ram). I like @Spanish don't bother stopping my subscription in the summer, and have never even considered doing so in the months where most games are blacked out. Will I pay the £25? I don't know. I shall be stopping my subscription with immediate effect however whilst I decide what to do over the summer.

Exactly the same for me.  Currently we don't even know the black out countries for the next season

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Exactly the same for me.  Currently we don't even know the black out countries for the next season

I suppose that if all games are included, with no blackout for Sky games and possibly even League Cup games included, then £25 per month is not too bad. I will be stopping the subscription in the summer definitely though. We'll see soon hopefully the new conditions if there are any, or if it's just a price increase.

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Does it mention its for Championship games though? May be confirmation def in that division and things are moving or am I being optimistic?

On DCFC website they have recently done an article about the fixtures being released on Thursday and listed ourselves amongst the Championship clubs.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I feel sorry for those who miss half the games because they're selected for Sky

I hate to say it but next season I suspect the biggest crowds will be a selection of Sheffield United Notts florets and the newsworthy Derby county, so yes lots of Sky TV 

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I hate to say it but next season I suspect the biggest crowds will be a selection of Sheffield United Notts florets and the newsworthy Derby county, so yes lots of Sky TV 

Not forgetting 'red button' games. 

It's a tough call this as I think the EFL are looking to capitalise on the increasing number of "foreign" viewers. 

Because they can't stop fans "travelling" to another IP address, they will hit them in the pocket instead.

We pay the same price, £25, for a BT Sports subscription,  which on the face of it offers a heck of a lot more football for our money. And we always cancel it in the quiet months, @richinspain

I feel for genuine fans abroad.