RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

3 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

Just had an email from the club and the overseas subscription for matches has doubled up to 25 quid!!! 

That's ridiculous imo, I really enjoyed watching the matches last year, well not the football.... Or the results ... But the access was good! 

yep me too

The EFL have announced that from 1st July 2021 the price for your RamsTV International monthly video subscription will be increasing to £25.00 per month.

I found a monthly withdrawal for Amazon Prime (£7.99) on my statement last month.

Never having (knowingly!) taken out a subscription I queried this with Amazon without success.

My bank confirmed that six payments had been made and they cancelled the instruction and issued a replacement debit card.

My statement this month shows nothing from Amazon and my bank made six "fraud refunds" totalling £55.94!

It always pays to keep on top of income and expenditure.

BTW........to double a subscription and hope that the payee accepts it unchallenged seems to border on the immoral.

Rams TV charges me £5 per month but I would cancel immediately were it to double!

Edited by Brammie Steve

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who gets the money for us subscribing to RTV? The EFL? Is this one of the things that started Mel & the EFL off at loggerheads?

I think RamsTV get the money, but the pricing is set by the EFL across all championship clubs so there is no undercutting/price war going on and there's probably some other flimsy moralistic reasons why they do it this way. It also means RamsTV will have to be the same price as the EFL's own "i-follow" service.

I also suspect it had to fixed as part of the contractual agreements to stream matches.

And yes, this is exactly one of the things that brought Mel to loggerheads with the EFL - Mel and i think Leeds as well were of the opinion that DCFC (and Leeds and a few others) could get a much better deal themselves on broardcasting and streaming and that the EFL were grossly underselling thier product. It does seem the EFL dread and fear upsetting Sky Sports as if there are no other possible outlets for live sports broadcasting. It might have been that way after ITV digital went down the pan nearly 20 years ago, but it's not the way now.