RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yup, i can tolerate £5/month for the audio commentry but i would not tolerate more.

And yes, you need to keep on top of things. I recently paid £59.99 for a year's subscription to the Athletic which I dind't mean to do at the end of the 30 day trial period.....it's my own fault for not cancelling and the auto response of "we do not refund subscription fees" wasn't very helpful. D'oh! Oh well, i might have to get my petty revenge by telling Ryan Conway I don't think turtle necks don't suit him all year.

Some time ago I found myself paying for Apple Music which I forgot to cancel after the trial period.

I phoned them and explained.

The lady to whom I spoke said. 'OK, don't worry, we'll cancel your membership and refund your payment.'

I thanked her and they did so.

It can be done!

As regards Rams TV if enough overseas users cancel it MAY cause them to impose a more reasonable increase...or not!

Edited by Brammie Steve

16 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

Some time ago I found myself paying for Apple Music which I forgot to cancel after the trial period.

The lady to whom I spoke said. 'OK, don't worry, we'll cancel your membership and refund your payment.'

It can be done!

As regards Rams TV if enough overseas users cancel it MAY cause them to impose a more reasonable increase...or not!

It’s not a RamsTV decision. Contact the EFL. 

24 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

It can be done!

Highly unlikely any overseas subscribers will cancel, why should we?

£25/month incredibly reasonable for seeing most of the games on Rams TV, the ones that are on sky are shown on ESPN+ so I only miss cup games.

I would pay twice the new amount gladly and watch the games on my phone iPad or TV, great value indeed.

I disagree. (@Charlotte Ram) Particularly when Sky were doing Premier League and Championship games for 18 quid last season with lots of red button options chucked in as well.

Now, I know red button coverage isn’t the best but to me it’s preferable to paying 25 quid a month for what, nine months ?

Not great value to me by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Pearl Ram

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I disagree. (@Charlotte Ram) Particularly when Sky were doing Premier League and Championship games for 18 quid last season with lots of red button options chucked in as well.

Sky Sports in HD = £10/month for 18 months if you'd haggled. ? Coming to an end in August, maybe my new season subs won't be as cheap either?!

56 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Highly unlikely any overseas subscribers will cancel, why should we?

£25/month incredibly reasonable for seeing most of the games on Rams TV, the ones that are on sky are shown on ESPN+ so I only miss cup games.

I would pay twice the new amount gladly and watch the games on my phone iPad or TV, great value indeed.

For me it's not the £25, it's the 100% increase. How can they possibly justify it in the current climate. £25 for 4 or even 6 games in a month is a bargain. Let me watch all 6 games however. It's not my fault Sky have chosen a game, and then the company that has bought the rights in Spain often doesn't even show it. How many Derby fans are there in Spain to warrant making it unavailable?

I lived abroad until last September, and have continued to subscribe to Rams TV, even though as a season ticket holder I had a code. 

100% increase in any service is just taking the mick, and I will be cancelling my Rams TV subscription immediately. Incidentally the day trips to The Netherlands is also costing £12 a month, so I’ll be cancelling that too!

very disappointing, it will just mean radio Derby for away games for me. The club will lose a large % of subscribers I suspect.

36 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

For anyone thinking £25 is good value, did you actually watch any of our games last season?

Yes I did, win lose or draw I support my Derby County, having watched every game as a supporter during 4 relegation seasons, last season was not that hideous, I will continue to support my club wherever they are and whichever league they are in, because that is what real supporters do.

(Rant over)

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Now, I know red button coverage isn’t the best but to me it’s preferable to paying 25 quid a month for what, nine months ?

Can't get Sky in the USA 

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

But the £25 isn't for domestic fans, it's for those outside the country. So theoretically anyone in the UK shouldn't be paying £25... officially anyway. So the value is there for those international fans who do have the games shown in their country. Sky doesn't enter the equation really.

I’ll never forget when I bought a game on RamsTV whilst on holiday in France and it wouldn’t work. I emailed the RamsTV help and they replied telling me that I was using an illegal VPN so they would not be helping. I then replied with a picture of myself stood in the Alps and they soon sorted it out for me!

I do think £25 is still good value for money. I understand that it’s a 100% increase but if the money is going in to the club and not to a third party then what’s another £10ish a month really?

I’d happily pay £10 per match, so no issues at £25 a month. 

12 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

But the £25 isn't for domestic fans, it's for those outside the country. So theoretically anyone in the UK shouldn't be paying £25... officially anyway. So the value is there for those international fans who do have the games shown in their country. Sky doesn't enter the equation really.

Oh !

48 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Yes I did, win lose or draw I support my Derby County, having watched every game as a supporter during 4 relegation seasons, last season was not that hideous, I will continue to support my club wherever they are and whichever league they are in, because that is what real supporters do.

(Rant over)

Well I’m glad you are a real fan and I am apparently not

13 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

If its on Sky, most international viewers can't watch it on RamsTV, except those living in countries such as Vietnam, The Vatican or North Korea