RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who signs the contracts?

normally 2 parties  ?

any chance of a 3 pm screening of all the matches in the EPL?

Don't be awkward Roy, you know the score, the EFL didn't get enuf money for the deal but they were never ever going to negotiate a deal that allowed uk res to access any game they wished and bypass the broadcaster that has bought the rights

59 minutes ago, Spanish said:

normally 2 parties  ?

any chance of a 3 pm screening of all the matches in the EPL?

Don't be awkward Roy, you know the score, the EFL didn't get enuf money for the deal but they were never ever going to negotiate a deal that allowed uk res to access any game they wished and bypass the broadcaster that has bought the rights

I'm not being awkward mate. The EFL could have negotiated different viewing rights. Whether it was likely or not who knows - ask Mel what he thinks of their negotiating.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not being awkward mate. The EFL could have negotiated different viewing rights. Whether it was likely or not who knows - ask Mel what he thinks of their negotiating.

Best deal will always be the most restrictive imo 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The 3pm blackout is a government thing, I think. I think they had to amend a law last year to relax it during Covid. 

Just now, Owen87ITK said:

The 3pm blackout is a government thing, I think. I think they had to amend a law last year to relax it during Covid. 

? So that's why anyone non-UK could watch? I don't get when it's 'dark market', did no-one buy the rights to our game today?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

? So that's why anyone non-UK could watch? I don't get when it's 'dark market', did no-one buy the rights to our game today?

You can’t buy the rights to an individual game.

No-one can show 3pm games in the UK.

Sky Sports have the domestic package so if a game is picked for Sky, we can’t show it in the UK. 

Pitch International have the overseas package, so if a game is picked there we can’t show it abroad except for countries that don’t have a broadcaster with an EFL deal, hence the dark markets.

I think that covers everything !

1 hour ago, Owen87ITK said:

You can’t buy the rights to an individual game.

No-one can show 3pm games in the UK.

Sky Sports have the domestic package so if a game is picked for Sky, we can’t show it in the UK. 

Pitch International have the overseas package, so if a game is picked there we can’t show it abroad except for countries that don’t have a broadcaster with an EFL deal, hence the dark markets.

I think that covers everything !

Not just picked, if they have the option even if they don’t show it, it is blacked out.  Very frustrating no the club’s fault just an odd result from broadcasters rights.