RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

On 21/06/2021 at 13:47, Rample said:

Yeah, because that's the way to combat 'free' streaming.

Raise the price enough so that even if the numbers drop the income increases. Football continues to price out the average fan.

Exactly!

That would have been like the music industry doubling the cost of CD's to combat Napster.

Halve the price, get twice as many people signed up and make fans for life.

About 30, maybe 40 years ago Glamorgan CC had a membership problem, so they halved their season ticket prices and tripled their numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

I have cancelled mine which is a great pity. I have had it for many years, even kept it rolling in the summer months to help the club but can't justify it at the new price. The missed games due to Sky (about half last season) and the cost to fans in markets where 25 quid is quite a bit of money means this is no longer a fair value proposition. Who misses out? The club. I will still get links and watch the games, there are always ways. This is definitely a sly trick by the EFL to move people over to their business and Derby must be livid with this, seeing another valuable income stream flitter away. I don't  know anybody who hasn't  or won't  be cancelling. RIP Rams TV. You've been had by the vindictive bullies at the EFL. 

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

I have cancelled mine which is a great pity. I have had it for many years, even kept it rolling in the summer months to help the club but can't justify it at the new price. The missed games due to Sky (about half last season) and the cost to fans in markets where 25 quid is quite a bit of money means this is no longer a fair value proposition. Who misses out? The club. I will still get links and watch the games, there are always ways. This is definitely a sly trick by the EFL to move people over to their business and Derby must be livid with this, seeing another valuable income stream flitter away. I don't  know anybody who hasn't  or won't  be cancelling. RIP Rams TV. You've been had by the vindictive bullies at the EFL. 

I did the same thing, saw RamsTV had taken 25 quid and wondered what had gone on. I then did my research and realised this is what it's going to be in future, and cancelled it.

9 minutes ago, Archie said:

I'm pretty sure we were not on Sky for half of the games last season. The feedback I have seen on here and social media is about 50/50. Some will still pay it just like they would for expensive match tickets. You will never see a total boycott. 

4 minutes ago, SunnyRam said:

I'm pretty sure we were not on Sky for half of the games last season. The feedback I have seen on here and social media is about 50/50. Some will still pay it just like they would for expensive match tickets. You will never see a total boycott. 

Thats why I said 'about'.

1 minute ago, SunnyRam said:

It still wasn't "about" though was it? 

I didn't  keep a record but it seemed quite a lot. Not far away from 'about' and certainly not worth any further discussion. I will still watch all the games one way or another reagrdless, only difference is my club will no longer get any of the benefit. 

1 minute ago, Archie said:

I didn't  keep a record but it seemed quite a lot. Not far away from 'about' and certainly not worth any further discussion. I will still watch all the games one way or another reagrdless, only difference is my club will no longer get any of the benefit. 

Not sure you will be able to find links for games that are not televised. Good luck anyway.