RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

7 hours ago, SparxTheRam said:

Just had an email from the club and the overseas subscription for matches has doubled up to 25 quid!!! 

That's ridiculous imo, I really enjoyed watching the matches last year, well not the football.... Or the results ... But the access was good! 

What a joke!!

One thing I guess many people inside the UK won't think about.

Cost of living and general prices and the salary in those countries.

Dont forget it's different to the UK, £25 a month may be cheap with UK prices. But it can be significantly more when the salary is much lower in certain countries.

I'm not talking those UK expats in France or Germany, salaries can be good there. What about the expats such as those living in places like Hungary, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania etc? 100% is a huge increase just to watch your favourite team!

I know the first response will be "well there isn't many" but we do exist!

19 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’ll never forget when I bought a game on RamsTV whilst on holiday in France and it wouldn’t work. I emailed the RamsTV help and they replied telling me that I was using an illegal VPN so they would not be helping. I then replied with a picture of myself stood in the Alps and they soon sorted it out for me!

I do think £25 is still good value for money. I understand that it’s a 100% increase but if the money is going in to the club and not to a third party then what’s another £10ish a month really?

I’d happily pay £10 per match, so no issues at £25 a month. 

Hey You Hello GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Yes I did, win lose or draw I support my Derby County, having watched every game as a supporter during 4 relegation seasons, last season was not that hideous, I will continue to support my club wherever they are and whichever league they are in, because that is what real supporters do.

(Rant over)

Are you American or does your irony meter need re-calibrating? Try this one...

Real supporters would actually travel to the UK for every game, no matter where they lived in the world.

31 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Dont forget it's different to the UK, £25 a month may be cheap with UK prices. But it can be significantly more when the salary is much lower in certain countries.

I'm not talking those UK expats in France or Germany, salaries can be good there. What about the expats such as those living in places like Hungary, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania etc? 100% is a huge increase just to watch your favourite team!

Where do you live? At least if £25 is too much money to watch Derby, you can console yourself with about 50 pints of beer instead! We might be able to get one round in for that much!

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Are you American or does your irony meter need re-calibrating? Try this one...

Real supporters would actually travel to the UK for every game, no matter where they lived in the world.

i still have my seat at pride park and get back as often as I can, and I will warrant that even with travelling back I still see more games than a lot of the armchair moaners on here.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

i still have my seat at pride park and get back as often as I can, and I will warrant that even with travelling back I still see more games than a lot of the armchair moaners on here.

You really need to get that irony meter sorted Charlotte!

The EFL will be absolutely shocked when tomorrow's kids don't give a monkeys and clubs start folding. A top four league in terms of attendance and they cannot imagine how to possibly capitalise on it.

Every other form of digital entertainment has generally lowered the barriers to entry (gaming, TV, music) and then here are the geniuses at the EFL deciding the guys running Apple and Spotify don't know what they're up to.

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

I'm on an average to low wage for Spain and although I can pay £25 a month, I really will have to think if I want to or not. It's not an amount that will mean I can't eat, but it is a meal for four of us depending on the restaurant. At the moment it depends on the deal. All league games, with no exceptions for Sky, and I'll probably end up paying it. If Sky games aren't included then I almost certainly won't.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think RamsTV get the money, but the pricing is set by the EFL across all championship clubs so there is no undercutting/price war going on and there's probably some other flimsy moralistic reasons why they do it this way. It also means RamsTV will have to be the same price as the EFL's own "i-follow" service.

I also suspect it had to fixed as part of the contractual agreements to stream matches.

And yes, this is exactly one of the things that brought Mel to loggerheads with the EFL - Mel and i think Leeds as well were of the opinion that DCFC (and Leeds and a few others) could get a much better deal themselves on broardcasting and streaming and that the EFL were grossly underselling thier product. It does seem the EFL dread and fear upsetting Sky Sports as if there are no other possible outlets for live sports broadcasting. It might have been that way after ITV digital went down the pan nearly 20 years ago, but it's not the way now.

Update:

I had a moan at the athletic and they refunded me.

Which was nice. It's not that I didn't it, it's actually pretty good. I just couldn't justify the expense.

And Ryan Conway looks very fetching in a turtle neck.

I've just unsubscribed. No chance I'm paying that, especially in off season. 

Surprised so many feel 25quid per month is reasonable, especially when you don't even know the number of games you'll get to watch given all the broadcasting restrictions. 

To put it into perspective:

- ESPN+ is $5 per month (~GBP 3.50)

- DAZN is $150 CAD (~GBP 87) per year, or $12.50 per month (~GBP 7)

(And I'm not even going to talk about Amazon subscriptions which now include sports)

Its outrageous the EFL feel they can justify 3-5x these prices for essentially 90-210 minutes of programming per week (restrictions not applying). AND, feel they can still charge these amounts in the offseason when there is literally nothing to watch on the platforms.

I could just about stomach GBP12.50 per month and I even thought that was expensive. To double that with absolutely no explanation is criminal. I'd be very surprised to see subscription volumes remain at 50% of what they are today, and I'm expecting clubs to take another hit at a time when they could do with all the income they can get. Be interested to know what consultation this got with clubs and what the initial position was. Once again, football is taking the mikey out of fans. What next, a 50 quid replica shirt? oh wait...

2 hours ago, Mckram said:

I’ll never forget when I bought a game on RamsTV whilst on holiday in France and it wouldn’t work. I emailed the RamsTV help and they replied telling me that I was using an illegal VPN so they would not be helping. I then replied with a picture of myself stood in the Alps and they soon sorted it out for me!

I do think £25 is still good value for money. I understand that it’s a 100% increase but if the money is going in to the club and not to a third party then what’s another £10ish a month really?

I’d happily pay £10 per match, so no issues at £25 a month. 

I think there's a valid question in here as in who gets the money? 

It's just a double the price increase really, it's not bad value really just on top of sky, BT or whatever the equivalent is in the US or Europe 

12 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

I've just unsubscribed. No chance I'm paying that, especially in off season. 

Surprised so many feel 25quid per month is reasonable, especially when you don't even know the number of games you'll get to watch given all the broadcasting restrictions. 

To put it into perspective:

- ESPN+ is $5 per month (~GBP 3.50)

- DAZN is $150 CAD (~GBP 87) per year, or $12.50 per month (~GBP 7)

(And I'm not even going to talk about Amazon subscriptions which now include sports)

Its outrageous the EFL feel they can justify 3-5x these prices for essentially 90-210 minutes of programming per week (restrictions not applying). AND, feel they can still charge these amounts in the offseason when there is literally nothing to watch on the platforms.

I could just about stomach GBP12.50 per month and I even thought that was expensive. To double that with absolutely no explanation is criminal. I'd be very surprised to see subscription volumes remain at 50% of what they are today, and I'm expecting clubs to take another hit at a time when they could do with all the income they can get. Be interested to know what consultation this got with clubs and what the initial position was. Once again, football is taking the mikey out of fans. What next, a 50 quid replica shirt? oh wait...

Or three 50 quid replica shirts.... Per season 

Just one boring clarification point - the international Rams TV viewers don't just miss out on the Sky games - they also miss out on the 3pm 'top pick', which is produced for international use as well as the Sky games. 

i'll still be paying the 25 pounds a month - but it's a daft situation that every game could be picked for tv in the UK or for other international distribution....and you'd end up paying for no actual live championship games. 

As well as the piracy worries, the EFL are clearly concerned about the difficulties in selling the matches outside the UK and the resultant drop in income - it's not really 'must have' for any pay operator (even though the championship is packaged with league cup games in any sale), and the club streaming is a good excuse for the international broadcasters to try to pay less.  

in the US, to make sure you don't miss a Rams game - you need ESPN+ and Rams TV for the whole season - but I still think it's remarkable that everything is now on offer live as well as the U-23s. Makes living in California almost bearable. 

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

I'm on an average to low wage for Spain and although I can pay £25 a month, I really will have to think if I want to or not. It's not an amount that will mean I can't eat, but it is a meal for four of us depending on the restaurant. At the moment it depends on the deal. All league games, with no exceptions for Sky, and I'll probably end up paying it. If Sky games aren't included then I almost certainly won't.

Well according to @Charlotte Ramthat makes you and me not real fans?