RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

19 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

OK the facts are,

* Overseas fans (me) cannot get SKY in the USA, so the $34 I just paid is good value, regarding the SKY games which cannot be shown on Rams TV they are shown on ESPN + an internet channel for $6.99/month.

The only games I cannot get are FA cup games which does not bother me as after last years debacle with the FA and Chorley is competition I know longer have any interest in.

So to sum up if you don't renew your subscription it is harming the Rams and please spare the sanctimonious justifications being about SKY/MEL/Wayne/EFL etc 

To sum up, I agree that comparing with actually going to matches it's a very cheap option. What I don't agree with is a 100% price rise with the added "bonus" of not being able to watch all the league games. As I stated at the beginning of the thread, I kept my subscription on over the summer when there were no games available, but I knew that there weren't any games. As a season ticket holder how would you feel about having to miss about 20% of games because the club decided that it was ok to offer them to someone who was willing to pay more? And on top of that, the bigger games because they would be the more attractive ones.

7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

To sum up, I agree that comparing with actually going to matches it's a very cheap option. What I don't agree with is a 100% price rise with the added "bonus" of not being able to watch all the league games. As I stated at the beginning of the thread, I kept my subscription on over the summer when there were no games available, but I knew that there weren't any games. As a season ticket holder how would you feel about having to miss about 20% of games because the club decided that it was ok to offer them to someone who was willing to pay more? And on top of that, the bigger games because they would be the more attractive ones.

Exactly the same for me.  300% increase in 4 years.  For the privilege of watching tripe that makes me depressed for at least a couple of hours after.  It was a relentless series of poor entertainment game after game.  What sticks in my throat is being accused of not being a real fan when the problem is I care too much.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Oh right I see the issue now then, you need at least 30 games to make it reasonable value at £10 a game.

Yep but I think @richinspainand I can talk ourselves into it, it just feels a bit of a rip off.  In terms of value for money it is not a bad deal but when you factor in the games you miss, the quality of the entertainment it gets more difficult.  Like your favourite beer was only a £1 but 4 years later it costs £3 and doesn’t taste half as good.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Yep but I think @richinspainand I can talk ourselves into it, it just feels a bit of a rip off.  In terms of value for money it is not a bad deal but when you factor in the games you miss, the quality of the entertainment it gets more difficult.  Like your favourite beer was only a £1 but 4 years later it costs £3 and doesn’t taste half as good.

Yeah I get that though it was probably a little under priced before. You can save yourself £50 by cancelling June & July for a start, you can probably skip May too where a season is ending in a dead rubber or two (rare for us I know!).

Guess you need to assess each month whether you'll be able to see at least 3 games or not, I'd guess most months the answer will end up being yes.

There's also the option of timing your start date to skip out an international break or two?

28 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Exactly the same for me.  300% increase in 4 years.  For the privilege of watching tripe that makes me depressed for at least a couple of hours after.  It was a relentless series of poor entertainment game after game.  What sticks in my throat is being accused of not being a real fan when the problem is I care too much.

Aha you plastic fan you with your sanctimonious excuses.....don't you realise you're just hurting the club you support ?

47 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yeah I get that though it was probably a little under priced before. You can save yourself £50 by cancelling June & July for a start, you can probably skip May too where a season is ending in a dead rubber or two (rare for us I know!).

Guess you need to assess each month whether you'll be able to see at least 3 games or not, I'd guess most months the answer will end up being yes.

There's also the option of timing your start date to skip out an international break or two?

Yep probably what I will do but like @richinspain, sorry Rich, we both used to let the account continue through the close season but not now.  I am not always able to see games due to other commitments so will probably work around that also.  

49 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Aha you plastic fan you with your sanctimonious excuses.....don't you realise you're just hurting the club you support ?

I know Tyler I hear it so often, plastic for not liking the price hike, not right minded for exploring the EFL side of the argument.  Disappointed with you though?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Whilst I feel your pain, Rich, it's not the club deciding it's okay to offer them to someone who was willing to pay more, it's the EFL. 

I am sure one of Mel's many beefs about the TV rights was this. The club is hamstrung all ways up with the TV deal that the EFL arranged. It's their 100% increase as well, of course.

3 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

OK the facts are,

* Overseas fans (me) cannot get SKY in the USA, so the $34 I just paid is good value, regarding the SKY games which cannot be shown on Rams TV they are shown on ESPN + an internet channel for $6.99/month.

The only games I cannot get are FA cup games which does not bother me as after last years debacle with the FA and Chorley is competition I know longer have any interest in.

So to sum up if you don't renew your subscription it is harming the Rams and please spare the sanctimonious justifications being about SKY/MEL/Wayne/EFL etc 

Don't get me wrong I've lived abroad before, but thankfully in a 'dark market' where I got every game apart from FA cup. Can't remember the cost then but it was worth it.

I now live back in England and sub to both sky and bt sport. I also sub to mlb.tv and the value is much, much better. 

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Whilst I feel your pain, Rich, it's not the club deciding it's okay to offer them to someone who was willing to pay more, it's the EFL. 

I am sure one of Mel's many beefs about the TV rights was this. The club is hamstrung all ways up with the TV deal that the EFL arranged. It's their 100% increase as well, of course.

I do know that this is the EFLs doing, which makes it worse as once again it's the club and it's fans that are on the receiving end!

2 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Apologies if asked elsewhere, anyone know if they’ll stream the games in the U.K. on £10 pay by match basis like during lockdown?

No it will be going back to normal streaming before lockdown. Selected midweek games will still be available. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just been on the RamsTV website to see what the price of tomorrow's stream will be. GBP10.

However, the monthly membership is stated to be GBP17.50 as opposed to the GBP25 that the email sent out to all subscribers had said. Wondered if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick or whether the EFL/club have revised their prices back to GBP17.50?