RamsTV Subscription increased by EFL

SparxTheRam

On 21/06/2021 at 14:25, Carnero said:

It was far too cheap before compared to what UK subscribers have had to pay to watch the same thing.

£25 per month to have access to most home and away games for the entire season still sounds a reasonable price.

I would agree until you see the number of games that Sky were screening (especially midweek) or another outlet showing abroad, so precluding Rams TV coverage. 

With my 30€ subscription I can watch two pre-season friendlies this month (not the Manutd one though, as it is UK only), so I can't really complain, can I? I mean 15€ per game is great value, right? And in August they let me see 3 out of 6 competetive games. Brilliant!

Unfortunately I have no choice but keep on subscribing as I would hardly ever see Rams or Championship at all here in Finland. We're not a Dark Market but when it comes to Championship in practice we are. I guess it is just a case of three and a half pints less every month...

21 minutes ago, RamDotFi said:

With my 30€ subscription I can watch two pre-season friendlies this month (not the Manutd one though, as it is UK only), so I can't really complain, can I? I mean 15€ per game is great value, right? And in August they let me see 3 out of 6 competetive games. Brilliant!

Unfortunately I have no choice but keep on subscribing as I would hardly ever see Rams or Championship at all here in Finland. We're not a Dark Market but when it comes to Championship in practice we are. I guess it is just a case of three and a half pints less every month...

Just jump on a quick flight to a "dark market" country for the televised games. Works a treat ? 

I Cancelled mine too, but I think many factors add up to my decision. 

I really like the concept and the quality of RTV, but so many games are taken for sky, or even other international broadcasters, that the price really isn’t worth it for two games a month. 

Furthermore, the Saturday 3pm kick offs are at 7pm at night here(the weekends are Friday and Saturday).  The midweek games are therefore 11:45pm kick offs. Sunday lunchtime ko I can’t watch as I am still at work. Last season watching Derby left me angry frustrated and tired, was it worth it at these times?  Not really! 

Finally, my dwindling enthusiasm for DCFC, I blame this on both the club and that vindictive organization called the EFL. It is just not enjoyable at the moment as the football is a sideshow to the politics. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

£25 a month would be good value for a competitive team, however as a side that could go into the history books as one of the worst to ever grace the second division then I think I’ll give it a miss.

I think Man City are playing quite well atm, how much are their subs?

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

The Birmingham game now chosen for Sky. I was desperately looking for excuses to pay the £25, but there just seems to be more valid reasons for turning my back on RamsTV day by day ?

What do you get for £25  a month in the UK mate? Will they be broadcasting all the games on ramstv live other than the sky sports games?

I don't know what £25 a month buys you in England, but for me in Spain it can buy me quite a lot. To give you an idea, I'm earning less now than I did 24 years ago in England. I didn't have a poor wage at that time, but it certainly wasn't enough of a wage to shout about. Indeed, a friend of mine who was looking to change jobs said that he wouldn't even consider getting out of bed for a certain figure, and I was thinking that that was nearly double what I was earning.

As for the games that are available to watch, all Sky games are excluded unless you're in a certain countries, of which Spain isn't one. Plus games that are chosen channels in other world wide countries to show live are unavailable, even if they aren't available in your country.

It's this kind of stuff that makes me think the efl is completely not fit for purpose.

And the fact that rams TV is completely not worth it for the midweek games when theyre on red button despite being better quality. 

For this price you expect an app to use on your TV, or casting, full HD... Look at what the Americans provide at that price... 

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

It's this kind of stuff that makes me think the efl is completely not fit for purpose.

And the fact that rams TV is completely not worth it for the midweek games when theyre on red button despite being better quality. 

No doubt one of the reasons Mel had a go at the EFL over broadcast rights?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No doubt one of the reasons Mel had a go at the EFL over broadcast rights?

That and the fact they sold the championship TV rights for £120million when all the experts and Mel said the bidding should start at £300million. For that reason alone the senior managers at the EFL should have been fired for gross misconduct. 

10 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

For this price you expect an app to use on your TV, or casting, full HD... Look at what the Americans provide at that price... 

OK the facts are,

* Overseas fans (me) cannot get SKY in the USA, so the $34 I just paid is good value, regarding the SKY games which cannot be shown on Rams TV they are shown on ESPN + an internet channel for $6.99/month.

The only games I cannot get are FA cup games which does not bother me as after last years debacle with the FA and Chorley is competition I know longer have any interest in.

So to sum up if you don't renew your subscription it is harming the Rams and please spare the sanctimonious justifications being about SKY/MEL/Wayne/EFL etc