The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

47 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

The Athletic reporting DCL hasn't made the bench tonight. Absolutely crazy. He'd cause havoc in the Germany defence coming on as a sub. Now we don't have an actual back up striker, just Rashford...

Thats crazy imo. He’s something different to bring on. Big gamble by Southgate 

So that’s the starting line up. I’m actually more interested in what the finishing line up might be. A manager has to think about so many things these days. Back in McClaren’s days we always knew what subs were coming on. Change the wide attackers at about 60 mins, and keep on sub spare in case of emergencies. 

now we could change 5 players, and potentially 6 if it goes to extra time. The finishing 11 could have a completely different look and feel to it, could be a completely different shape, formation, etc. 

we have such a strong bench that teams don’t know how to handle us, and players on our bench are arguably stronger than the players on the pitch. Their not just game changers, they genuinely improve the team. Germany will be facing a completely different team by the end of the game, and it may have gotten not just less tired, but stronger than the team they started playing against. 

Its all very intriguing. 

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Southgate's team selection is a joke. 

Whatever he picks he’s going to get pelters. We’ve got so many really good players to squeeze in that literally everyone has a different opinion on the best line up. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

He'll never do that. Don't think Bellingham will play a minute this tournament. Would have liked to see Sancho at some point, but again I don't think he'll start a game. 

Bellingham has already played at this tournament. Twice. Hide your matches. 

Sancho has been on as sub. He is in direct competition with Sterling who is our only scorer so far. 

Edited by sage

After the excitement of yesterday welcome to Gareth’s seven man defence.

No creativity, Kane coming deeper and deeper to get the ball. Sterling and Saka waiting for the long ball over the top.

Tactics brought to you by General Melchett.

image.jpeg.3bc41d915c4313494100194370575b34.jpeg

I'd have stayed with a back 4, but the threat from Germany's wing backs is real and we need to plan for it

It's absolutely the front 3 I'd have picked, Sterling and Saka are the wingers who offer the most defensively which will be needed when dealing with the wing backs

After yesterdays games, England being boring and going through 1-0 would be fantastic