The Pitch

Curtains

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Did we not pay a fortune to have some synthetic weave sown in with the grass when Clement was here I think ?

Cost a fortune, our pitch was an embarrassment last season but did look a lot better towards the end of the season

That’s because there was no football played on it

On 15/05/2021 at 14:57, richinspain said:

Every time I skim down the thread titles I read this one as "Derby pitch invasion going ahead".

I saw a photo on Twitter of everyone on the pitch after the Brighton play off semi in 2014. That was an awesome afternoon. I remember them telling everyone to keep off the pitch, but just giving in to the inevitable. 

Then the following season when we were abjectly pathetic against Reading, the club were also warning everyone to stay off the pitch - that almost seemed to be in hope rather than expectation.

Oddly, I can't remember any after match, on the pitch celebrations since 2014, despite Rowett, Wassall and Lampard getting us to the play offs. Did I miss something?

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Oddly, I can't remember any after match, on the pitch celebrations since 2014, despite Rowett, Wassall and Lampard getting us to the play offs. Did I miss something?

To be fair in those seasons, we finished in 5th or 6th place. Don't think fans would sabotage the pitch before playing the play-off home leg, and they weren't going to invade the pitch after the first leg when we were 3-0 down to Hull or 1-0 down to Leeds.

If we'd got through to the final with the second leg at home, fans would be on the pitch, no doubt about it.

37 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I saw a photo on Twitter of everyone on the pitch after the Brighton play off semi in 2014. That was an awesome afternoon. I remember them telling everyone to keep off the pitch, but just giving in to the inevitable. 

Then the following season when we were abjectly pathetic against Reading, the club were also warning everyone to stay off the pitch - that almost seemed to be in hope rather than expectation.

Final Home games of each season...

(PO seasons in bold)...

13/14 - A big win on the night, and on aggregate, to see us comfortably through to the PO final, and our last end-of-season pitch invasion.

14/15 - The aforementioned Reading damp squib game, and ultimate failure to reach the PO's.

15/16 - Lost 0-3 to Hull in PO 1st leg, with little realistic hope of pulling a rabbit out of a hat at their place!

16/17 - Beat Wolves 3-1 in the league, but finished 9th (13pts outside of PO's).

17/18 - A 1-0 win over Fulham in PO 1st leg, but with little realistic hope of holding on at their place.

18/19 - Lost 0-1 to The Dirties in PO 1st leg... with little realistic hope of pulling a rabbit out of the hat at their place!   ?

19/20 - Guard of Honour for The Dirties... 10th place finish, 6pts outside PO's... and no fans.  Biggest celebration that day was the hilarious goal swing between The Swans & The Dogs!  ?

20/21 - I'd rather not discuss it... but pretty sure that would have ended with a pitch invasion, had we all been there!

Wow!  Reading that back, we really were the nearly men, weren't we!  How the hell are we still in this bloody division!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

To be fair in those seasons, we finished in 5th or 6th place. Don't think fans would sabotage the pitch before playing the play-off home leg, and they weren't going to invade the pitch after the first leg when we were 3-0 down to Hull or 1-0 down to Leeds.

If we'd got through to the final with the second leg at home, fans would be on the pitch, no doubt about it.

Beat me to it.

Had to research mine though, so took me time to post it!  ?