when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Same squad as last year + same management team = relegation. I would say let’s move on from Waghorn and Wisdom but as we are in the position we are what can we do. How desperate we’ve become. 

I very much doubt it will be exactly the same squad even if the incoming are loans/free agents. Whether they are better than what we’ve got now is a different question.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I very much doubt it will be exactly the same squad even if the incoming are loans/free agents. Whether they are better than what we’ve got now is a different question.

I hope you’re right but with the current stories doing the rounds and supposed position we are in, I can’t see any quality being added. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

We need to keep them at all costs. In the position we're in, we cannot afford to let good championship players leave for nothing. I currently don't have any faith that we'd be able to replace them properly. 

Kind of strange statement which is only exacerbated by the position we are in. Ordinarily I would be quite happy for both to leave but seeing as we won't we able to either (a) get anyone else in or (b) get anyone in of equal (questionable) quality then this just artificially skews the importance of both. 

On 17/05/2021 at 08:58, Tamworthram said:
On 16/05/2021 at 20:29, Tyler Durden said:

That’s a valid point but, importantly, how many, if any, could we afford to replace with a higher quality player?

If you sell youngsters to PL teams (who can afford them) and book the profit, you can afford to get good players on loans or on free transfers. So long as you have good scouts and you can persuade the players to join you ...   

On 02/06/2021 at 21:42, Woodley Ram said:

So the retained list is out next week, I wonder which youngsters from the academy are going, Hector-Ingram and some of the ‘older’ ones maybe?

Cost cutting - Cresswelll we know, Mitchell & JHI likely, Bateman, Wassall and Bardell's deals are up, and given Cashin, Solomon, MacDonald and Ebsosele's recent development I wouldn't be surprised if they went.

On 02/06/2021 at 23:52, kevinhectoring said:

If you sell youngsters to PL teams (who can afford them) and book the profit, you can afford to get good players on loans or on free transfers. So long as you have good scouts and you can persuade the players to join you ...   

The trick is to get the loans/transfers as part of the sale.

We do have quality players - they need to look within themselves for application !! 
our manager also needs decide what our ‘set up’ and ‘style/pattern’ of play is, let everyone know, apply it and stop pissing about trying to find one. If it doesn’t work, change it to one that fits our players abilities - or bugger off !! 

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

The only 'realistic' loanee with chance of returning I think is Edmundson because for a number of reasons.

I don't think he figures in Rangers plan's and may well be let go.

Secondly he cannot be on very high wages.

Finally he know's in our present situation he could play himself into a permanent position in the team.

I'm pretty sure Rooney has already stated that he wants to loan Mengi again?

Something like this...

First Team (definite retained)
Roos, Marshall, Ravas, Byrne, Ebosele, McDonald, Buchanan, Forsyth, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Shinnie, Watson, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Shonibare, Kazim, Marriott, Stretton

First Team (possible retained)
Davies, Wisdom, Waghorn

First Team (released)
Carson, Mitchell, Jozefzoon, Malone (confirmed)

U23 (most likely retained)
Foster, Idem, Sykes,-Kenworthy, Cashin, JBrown, Archie, Dixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Wilson, Duncan

U23 (likely released)
Yates, Wassall, Bateman, Minkley, JML, Cresswell, Trialist

U23 (new 1st year pros)
Bardell, Solomon, Grewal-Pollard, Clarke, Aghatise, Rogers, Matthews, SThompson, Plange, Cybulski

U18 (2nd year scholars likely released)
Jinkinson, Perez de Gracia

U18s (2nd year)
Roberts, Randle, Brailsford, Lissah, Rutt, Christie, Williams, Ibrahim, Borkovic, Kelly, Eze, Nicholas-Davies

U18s (from U16s)
Evans, Maloney, Sebagabo, Moore, Robinson, Fapetu, Aideyan, Amaefule, ZDixon, DBrown

New U16s (featured for U18s last season)
Cox, Ryan, Hawkins

Edited by Ghost of Clough

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Something like this...

First Team (definite retained)
Roos, Marshall, Ravas, Byrne, Ebosele, McDonald, Buchanan, Forsyth, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Shinnie, Watson, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Shonibare, Kazim, Marriott, Stretton

First Team (possible retained)
Davies, Wisdom, Waghorn

First Team (released)
Carson, Mitchell, Jozefzoon, Malone (confirmed)

U23 (most likely retained)
Foster, Idem, Sykes,-Kenworthy, Cashin, JBrown, Archie, Dixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Wilson, Duncan

U23 (likely released)
Yates, Wassall, Bateman, Minkley, JML, Cresswell, Trialist

U23 (new 1st year pros)
Bardell, Solomon, Grewal-Pollard, Clarke, Aghatise, Rogers, Matthews, SThompson, Plange, Cybulski

U18 (2nd year scholars likely released)
Jinkinson, Perez de Gracia

U18s (2nd year)
Roberts, Randle, Brailsford, Lissah, Rutt, Christie, Williams, Ibrahim, Borkovic, Kelly, Eze, Nicholas-Davies

U18s (from U16s)
Evans, Maloney, Sebagabo, Moore, Robinson, Fapetu, Aideyan, Amaefule, Dixon, Brown

good effort there, thanks

On the first team retained there is still a risk that some maybe sold, of course

15 minutes ago, Spanish said:

good effort there, thanks

On the first team retained there is still a risk that some maybe sold, of course

I made a few errors in the list - Nicholas-Davies will be a 1st year scholar next season for example. I'm unsure over whether we'll be keeping on a couple of those new 1st year scholars too. But it gives an overview of the situation at least.

Overall squad sizes before transfers will therefore be:
First team = 21 (+3 possible)
U23s = 21 (+2 possible)
U18s = 22

On 06/06/2021 at 16:38, Dimmu said:

I'm pretty sure Rooney has already stated that he wants to loan Mengi again?

Rooney has, but Solksjaer has also said he wants to take a look at Mengi in pres-season with a view to deciding whether he will be part of his first-team plans or whether a Premier League loan is better than a return to the Championship on loan. Sounded far from a done deal Mengi will return to Derby.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfers-garner-mengi-20629202?_ga=2.257910219.1308032888.1621474541-104212220.1618766885

8 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Rooney has, but Solksjaer has also said he wants to take a look at Mengi in pres-season with a view to deciding whether he will be part of his first-team plans or whether a Premier League loan is better than a return to the Championship on loan. Sounded far from a done deal Mengi will return to Derby.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-transfers-garner-mengi-20629202?_ga=2.257910219.1308032888.1621474541-104212220.1618766885

Based on how he struggled with certain aspects if his game in the Championship, I'll be extremely surprised if he's playing PL football next season