when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

• 2 weeks later...

Players will have to have been notified last week at the latest if contracts are being offered or not.

Announcement will be imminent, details will start leaking out anyway if not. Its in Wisdom, Waghorn etcs interests to get their names circulated asap if being released.

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well if they think they can earn similar contracts elsewhere then they're likely to be in for a rude awakening.

From the outside they are proven championship players who have just suffered a bad/indifferent couple of seasons at a struggling side. Can imagine there will be a number of suitors.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well if they think they can earn similar contracts elsewhere then they're likely to be in for a rude awakening.

Based on how Martin fared lining himself up a 2 year move to Brizzle, I’d expect Waggy to attract similar type interest on his record; if so, it will likely come down to player/agent aspirations and perceived value.

Waghorn has no real injury concerns and it could be argued would fare better in a different set up. If not Derby, it would not surprise me to see him land a championship move, similar to Martin last year. We offer X, another offer Y longer contract or slightly better wages.

Given lack of certainty around new funds, I’d hope Rooney asks to push the boat a bit further with Waghorn.

34 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

DET saying dcfc talking to waghorn and wisdom about new contracts and also saying retained list announced next week

It'll be a repeat of the Martin situation, new contract substancially less and/or quite short and I think both would like to stay, but, ultimatly need to do what's going to make them the most money - after all, a professional sports career is a short one.

Same squad as last year + same management team = relegation. I would say let’s move on from Waghorn and Wisdom but as we are in the position we are what can we do. How desperate we’ve become. 

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It'll be a repeat of the Martin situation, new contract substancially less and/or quite short and I think both would like to stay, but, ultimatly need to do what's going to make them the most money - after all, a professional sports career is a short one.

We need to keep them at all costs. In the position we're in, we cannot afford to let good championship players leave for nothing. I currently don't have any faith that we'd be able to replace them properly.