Yankee Doodle Derby

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Just heard from someone at the club that the Americans are mates of Rooney and the sticking point is the amount that Mel Morris wants, I know this is not exactly breaking news just backs up what has already been suggested.

Morris said he'd sell for a quid. Bloody hell, are we not even worth that...?!

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I'd guess in the world of football finance, it might well be a quid for the actual club but there's all sorts of things that Mel either wants taking off his plate or paying for.

I'd imagine we're worth more than a quid, but have debts of more than £1 that also need to be considered.

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

its all about the debt......Mel will want to walk away from the external debt if he sells for a pound, the incoming buyers will want him to eat that debt so the final sale price could be +£1 - £40,000,000= £39,999,999 for the buyer to pay

I guess this is where the negotiations are. 

Edited by Charlotte Ram
context

The longer “no deal” drags on the more money Mel has to put into the club if he hopes to sell it as a going concern.

There has to be a point where Mel sells the club for a “peppercorn” £1 just to bring to an end to the stream of money he has to inject month upon month.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

10 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The longer “no deal” drags on the more money Mel has to put into the club if he hopes to sell it as a going concern.

There has to be a point where Mel sells the club for a “peppercorn” £1 just to bring to an end to the stream of money he has to inject month upon month.

Albeit the money he is putting in is by choice...