What will our punishment be?

Jimbo Ram

On 12/05/2021 at 07:26, Spanish said:

sorry to nag but I would like to read this if you provide a link it would be very interesting

I read it on one of the more reputable news sites that covered this, but I have no idea which one and I'm not going through all of them again LOL.

But if you look at the previous punishments given out, EFL have never appealed a penalty given, only the clubs have appealed. 

It's similar to legal proceedings in court (although I'm not 100% sure on this one) but if an individual is prosecuted and found guilty and the judge awards a penalty, only the person who has received the penalty can appeal it, the other side (prosecution) has won. So say he gets a 5-year prison sentence, the prosecution can't appeal this and say it should be 10 years.

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I read it on one of the more reputable news sites that covered this, but I have no idea which one and I'm not going through all of them again LOL.

But if you look at the previous punishments given out, EFL have never appealed a penalty given, only the clubs have appealed. 

It's similar to legal proceedings in court (although I'm not 100% sure on this one) but if an individual is prosecuted and found guilty and the judge awards a penalty, only the person who has received the penalty can appeal it, the other side (prosecution) has won. So say he gets a 5-year prison sentence, the prosecution can't appeal this and say it should be 10 years.

I have seen this since.  The LAP believe that they had the power to make a penalty but felt it was unfair as neither party could appeal.  The EFL had to agree for it to go back to the DC.  It would seem likely then that both parties could appeal 

Have been pretty confident that we’d get a fine up until today. If the EFL are pushing for a points deduction this season then they’re going all out war. 

This effectively means next seasons a right off unless we agree to go down. Embarrassing that the EFL are actively trying to relegate a founding member. 

Football is really starting to show it’s true colours this season.

13 hours ago, JfR said:

Should be noted that Sheffield Wednesday's 6 point (originally 12 point) penalty was for an £18m overspend during the three-year period in question, one that the club was aware of having committed. That would seem a far more serious P&S rule break than what Derby are accused of.

This is what I’m counting on 

can someone just tell me this is all going to be ok ... please 

50 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is why I don't understand the ability of the EFL to appeal the original decision

The EFL was the prosecution - Bringing about a case that we did something wrong

We were the defendant

The DC were the 'jury' in this case - And decided that we were 'innocent'

And then the prosecution were allowed to appeal the decision? Seems a bit bonkers to me

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is what I’m counting on 

can someone just tell me this is all going to be ok ... please 

This is going to be ok................................................................................................................................................................hopefully

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is why I don't understand the ability of the EFL to appeal the original decision

The EFL was the prosecution - Bringing about a case that we did something wrong

We were the defendant

The DC were the 'jury' in this case - And decided that we were 'innocent'

And then the prosecution were allowed to appeal the decision? Seems a bit bonkers to me

if the DC had found against us you could bet your house that we would have appealed

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

I think they can if it’s deemed unduly lenient but I don’t think the CPS would be the ones starting that process

34 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I reckon 9 pts ..

But if by Christmas we are on 75 pts and we're slaughtering everyone we play, there might be calls for a 'considered retrospective review' ... and a revised increased tariff*

(*to be reviewed again on 1st April 2022)

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

If we’re on 75 points at Christmas, I will eat my hat (@ me, screenshot me)