What will our punishment be?

Jimbo Ram

14 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Any deduction would be a massive blow. If we get fans in, may be able to avoid another relegation scrap though with a few signings

Completely agree.

As a team we do have some really gifted players and a good few youngest coming through.

We need to play as one and defend as one.

If the punishment is points for next season, we will be still pushing for promotion. 

I have spent 50 yrs supporting this great club and know when we have a duff side, this current one is not.

Edited by Charliegeorge1962
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Completely agree.

As a team we do have some really gifted players and a good few youngest coming through.

We need to play as one and defend as one.

If the punishment is points for next season, we will be still pushing for promotion. 

I have spent 50 yrs supporting this great club and know when we have a duff side, this current one is not.

Credit to you for supporting the club for 50 years. You have seen some glory. I hope I can one day. I think we have been very unlucky with injuries but shows the squad depth needed and experience needed. Think if we had Bielik, Davies and avoided injuries to other players early on we would have not had many capitulations. 
we do have some gifted players but too many switching off at vital times. Need competition for places so players will know they won’t be playing if they don’t put a good shift in

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

if the DC had found against us you could bet your house that we would have appealed

Yes, but that fits with legal precedent - The defendant can appeal a decision but the prosecutor can't (that's my understanding anyway)

For some reason the EFL (as the prosecutor) is allowed to bring a case, try a case, lose the case - And then appeal the decision based on them not prosecuting the case very well or the 'jury' not understanding the points they made

On 12/05/2021 at 11:10, Beetle said:

This is all very strange. If the accounts will comply with FFP in either ammortisation formats then this whole process has been a waste of everyones time and money. I must be missing something

Guessing that the EFL position was that they were forced to appeal. Because if the DC judgement stood, every club would adopt the Derby way and there would be chaos, even less of a level playing field than there is at present 

On 12/05/2021 at 12:13, RandomAccessMemory said:

My suspicion is that the EFL believe we would fail which is why they are pursuing it so forcefully.

The EFl itself would be concerned that if everyone adopted the Derby way, it would be a free for all undermining the ‘integrity’ of FFP.  That would be a big driver behind its decision to appeal. (The alternative is a rule change which on an issue like this is no simple matter.) 
But we also know that some clubs were keen for us to get it in the neck. So no doubt there was pressure from those clubs on the EFl to fight to the end. 
Then there was the question of costs.
And finally the point that the EFl  thinks we have played fast and loose - it’s not usually a good idea to piss off the regulator (the LAP clearly agreed with them that our conduct was shabby). 

So, is there an actual schedule for punishments for not filing a technically suitable P&S submission? Has it been tested in any other case?

Because that's what the current phase is all about.

If when we have submitted technically suitable P&S submissions for those years we have lost to much money the punishments are reasonably well established aren't they?

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Guessing that the EFL position was that they were forced to appeal. Because if the DC judgement stood, every club would adopt the Derby way and there would be chaos, even less of a level playing field than there is at present 

Maybe but the simplest answer is to close the loophole by changing the rules.  In my mind I have no doubt that the driver for this is boro’s involvement.