What will our punishment be?

Jimbo Ram

Fine of £200k, for filing technically non-complian (in the view of the LAP) accounts.

Warning over future conduct and instruction to bring accounting practices into line with usual practice for all future, but crucially, not an instruction to resumit past P&S statements based on the straight line ammotisation methodology.

The EFL argue that the decision of the appeal means Derby broke FFP limits, and that Derby should face a sanction in line with what the losses over FFP allowable losses would have been. Derby argue this is unfair, as they stated during the orginal hearing, had the policy and accounts not been accepted by the EFL, Derby would have acted differently, and thus the losses above FFP limits will be larger with no chance to retrospectvly change how they did things.

The panel find in DCFC's favor on the last point, and not points deduction is applied.

Engineering students then have to refer to steam tables in their thermodynamics text books to calcualte the pressure of the piss boiling inside Steve Gibson.

The EFL appeal the last part of the ruling.

On appeal, the club are issued with a 3 point deduction on the grounds the "they can't be seen to have got nothing"

Just now, CornwallRam said:

3 points for the season just finished. 18 month transfer embargo plus 23 points for failing the next P&S round, plus 12 for going into administration then another 12 for playing an under strength team - because we've only got 10 professionals on the books and had to @Davidat full back. 

Oi I appointed him as manager

Well with the punishment coming from the disciplinary panel itself not the EFL, who can only request what they want, then I think the EFL will request a points deduction next season but the panel will give us a fine.

Then it will be down to whatever the new accounts show as to whether we end up with a points deduction

It should just be a fine but politically they have to give us a points deduction.

Giving us a deduction for the 20/21 season and relegating us would set a dangerous precedent and we would drag them through the courts for months.

I see 3 or 4 points off next season.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

It should just be a fine but politically they have to give us a points deduction.

Giving us a deduction for the 20/21 season and relegating us would set a dangerous precedent and we would drag them through the courts for months.

I see 3 or 4 points off next season.

The trouble is, not relegating us will also end up in court. The EFL has made such a mess out of this. 

Just now, CornwallRam said:

The trouble is, not relegating us will also end up in court. The EFL has made such a mess out of this. 

Don’t see why the rules are clear, points deducted after a certain date must be held over.  Any l gal action will cripple the league given it can’t really start if there is a doubt as to which league a team should be in

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

If we get points off next season but not this, Wycombe will be obliged to try to fight for it. They might (probably) won't succeed but it's an obvious avenue for them to challenge to be in the championship again next season.

And we all helpfully remind them of the extra stuff the EFL and Middlesbrough brought to the appeal and was dismissed.

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I don't think so. Other clubs can't appeal and legally the precedents are in our favour.

Yes I know about Macclesfield, but that was a different gravy.