Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Doesn't Colleen have to prove 100%, it was Vardy.

Despite Vardy's help in that regard, it may not go Rooney's way. In that case, she will have to pay her compensation.

That's not right.

Are the EFL involved?

It’s probably worth remembering how CR worded her original statement. As it doesn’t actually accuse RV directly. So I think it’ll be hard to prove libel like it’s hard to prove who leaked the stories when the all important mobile phone went overboard. 

BA34F696-8AB6-4820-B2D3-5D573ADA837E.jpeg

Edited by TuffLuff

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

It’s probably worth remembering how CR worded her original statement. As it doesn’t actually accuse RV directly. So I think it’ll be hard to prove libel like it’s hard to prove who leaked the stories when the all important mobile phone went overboard. 

BA34F696-8AB6-4820-B2D3-5D573ADA837E.jpeg

The court ruled earlier (late in 2020) that "It's Rebekah Vardy's account" basically meant that Rebekah Vardy was personally responsible, in terms of libel law. The idea being, I think, that a normal person, reading it in a normal way, would assume it meant Vardy was personally responsible. So the reputational damage to Vardy is done and Rooney has to prove, on balance of probability, that Vardy was aware of/involved in any leaking (ie that she "deserved" the reputational damage).

Edited by vonwright

12 minutes ago, vonwright said:

The court ruled earlier (late in 2020) that "It's Rebekah Vardy's account" basically meant that Rebekah Vardy was personally responsible, in terms of libel law. The idea being, I think, that a normal person, reading it in a normal way, would assume it meant Vardy was personally responsible. So the reputational damage to Vardy is done and Rooney has to prove, on balance of probability, that Vardy was aware of/involved in any leaking (ie that she "deserved" the reputational damage).

I picked Steve Nicholson up on a tweet he put out about the Rams last year - it was inacurate and unnecessarily critical. His response to me was that he hadn't typed it (he didn't say who had - I suspect some DET minion)....as I pointed out, it was on his account, therefore his tweet.....

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

It gives all us poor people a sense of superiority over these millionaire celebs. I think that's worthwhile!

How about "not so well off"?, Vardy has been an accident just waiting to implode, She's desired fame and fortune from an early age, A semi pro footballer which ended in divorce, A semi ? singer with a small chipolata, Countless other unfortunates, A Narcissist who conducts her life on social media, Her husband must be thinking Oh No Reaction GIF by Tennis TV