Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

See Wayne Rooney has been mentioned in today's press as a possible candidate for the Stoke City job should it become available. Appreciate it's paper talk but just saying. 

In the Sun it also qualifies any speculation with the following, 

"The Coates family could struggle to attract Rooney to the club after he turned down a move to his beloved Everton.

The Derby boss stated that he wants to finish the project he has started at Pride Park, with the club's immediate future still uncertain." 

6 hours ago, Ramifications said:

See Wayne Rooney has been mentioned in today's press as a possible candidate for the Stoke City job should it become available. Appreciate it's paper talk but just saying. 

In the Sun it also qualifies any speculation with the following, 

"The Coates family could struggle to attract Rooney to the club after he turned down a move to his beloved Everton.

The Derby boss stated that he wants to finish the project he has started at Pride Park, with the club's immediate future still uncertain." 

Thanks for saying just saying ?

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Following the Wayne Rooney route. Expect the different result he will not go there.

Agree, he probably wouldn't consider Stoke City. The Everton job could be up for grabs again soon and I imagine Rooney would be interested next time around. If not he will opt for a similar club with a sensible transfer budget, after his experience at skint DCFC. 

13 minutes ago, europia said:

Agree, he probably wouldn't consider Stoke City. The Everton job could be up for grabs again soon and I imagine Rooney would be interested next time around. If not he will opt for a similar club with a sensible transfer budget, after his experience at skint DCFC. 

I don't know.  Managing a club where you can write off 120 million quid in converted debt and write of 60 million due to covid and avoid FFP failure without so much as a question may be quite refreshing.  Especially as his current club are currently missing 2 points in sanction that they haven't had back in lieu of such rule change.  Next season they might be able to play with 12 men, it's only fair.

22 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney won't go to Stoke, it's more nonsense newspaper talk. He wants to stay and rebuild the Rams.

Unless there is a new owner with real ambition, Rooney will be off.... and who could blame him? When the dust settles, the realisation of being in L1 with no playing squad to build on...not sure that Wazza would buy into a +3 yr project. 

On 23/03/2022 at 22:16, europia said:

Sad to say that Rooney’s guilty dream must be that Everton are relegated and that he is offered the job. Fair chance that might happen
I don’t see him as a manager in div 1 and I’d think he’d see that as a very bad outcome 

3 hours ago, europia said:

Unless there is a new owner with real ambition, Rooney will be off.... and who could blame him? When the dust settles, the realisation of being in L1 with no playing squad to build on...not sure that Wazza would buy into a +3 yr project. 

Why not? As long as the owner puts complete trust in him, it's a great opportunity for Rooney to rebuild a great club from the ground up. If he does it successfully he could go down as a Derby county legend.