Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hopefully WR will realise that however our season pans out then his stock will still be high at the end of it. 

The question is, will he panic and think he may never be offered his dream job again just as Lampard did? 

Què sera I suppose for us but I'd hope he deals with it a bit better than Lampard did. Some of his actions left a bitter taste after a cracking season. 

More likely will he panic and think will he have a club in February...

6 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Just when you thought things couldn’t get more depressing…..☹️

Yep. Should he leave the valuation and marketability of the club would certainly take a hit too.

Edited by Rammeister
I’m useless.

Obviously we'd rather avoid this but imagine the following chain of events:

- Following a Derby day win against Forest, Rooney departs the club for a generous amount of compensation.

- Seeing how much drama and entertainment Derby County can bring, Mike Ashley decides to bite the bullet and go for it.

- Eager to just get to the end of the season and then restart, Warnock is appointed on a deal until the end of the season

- Derby hammer Middlesbrough at the Riverside.

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

- Following a Derby day win against Forest, Rooney departs the club for a generous amount of compensation.

- Seeing how much drama and entertainment Derby County can bring, Mike Ashley decides to bite the bullet and go for it.

- Eager to just get to the end of the season and then restart, Warnock is appointed on a deal until the end of the season

I don't want Warnock anywhere near Derby County

6 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Totally unlikely.

SSN Rob Dorsett has just been on with a quite reasonable summary of the situation.

He makes clear that NONE of the three potential buyers will touch us with the (unquantified) claims hanging over the Club.

7 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

I like your positive thinking but am afraid Rooney leaving know with the way he’s getting these players to play will pretty much sound the death knell for our club

I’m hoping he will stay to finish what he’s started, but who could blame him, with players being sold or given away under his nose. I think the naming of a preferred bidder and some ability to bring in players may encourage him to stay, but Knighty going will be the final straw.

9 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Maybe big Dunc might take the job until the end of the season and Wayne will leave once he's saved us from relegation ???

Either that or Rooney turns Everton down and becomes Man U manager at the end of the season. That's where he'd rather be.

So we believe Everton are going to ask permission,  it may or may not be given.

It could bring in compensation which needs to be considered and reduce costs of his wage.

But

It is reported Everton baulked at the £2m compensation mentioned for Marrinez, we'd want at least that.... and, it has been reported 32Red have advanced their payments to help cash flow, now if those are linked to WR being here and go a long way to cover his wages which is also widely reported, then what happens? 

Do 32Red want their money back? With his wages underwritten (even if not all of it) by them then it wouldn't be a tangible saving will it?

Never as simple as it 1st looks.....