Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

No he didnt !! It took him 2 weeks he spent the previous 2 weeks ummmminggg  and arrrringggg  . Which single handedly destroyed the squad moral . Just like if wayne goes now it will do . But something tells me wayne has a lot more moral fibre ( well where footies concerned lol ) . We shall see . 

I agree.

There's more "backbone" in Rooney's little finger that in McClarens entire spine.

9 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

No he didnt !! It took him 2 weeks he spent the previous 2 weeks ummmminggg  and arrrringggg  . Which single handedly destroyed the squad moral . Just like if wayne goes now it will do . But something tells me wayne has a lot more moral fibre ( well where footies concerned lol ) . We shall see . 

He spent a while ummming and arrringg but he ultimately turned them down. Paul Simpson said they were worried that would stop them going to Newcastle once he got sacked at Derby.

14 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Nope.

28 minutes ago, teddyb16 said:

I think Everton will go back for Bobby Brown Shoes. 2m compensation is cheap for a top manager. Rooney said in his interview with Ed Dawes yesterday that they "are building something special here". He is also being advised some wise old folk who will tell him Everton is a poisoned chalice 

The problem is that even a poisoned chalice could look like child's play compared to us at present. If Everton offer, Rooney will go.

If Wayne holds out to the end of the season and we survive (relegation and liquidation) then he might be in with a chance for the United job, which would probably be a lot easier than the Everton job is right now.

Everton need someone neutral (unlike Rafa) that has significant experience in dealing with top level professionals. Rooney has 366 days experience currently and the first part of that wasn’t particularly successful as he tried to learn in the toughest of circumstances. He’s the sort of manager that needs time to get his coaching across, bring in his own characters and build a squad of his liking.

2 weeks of a January transfer window won’t be enough time for him to do this.

11 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Nothing groundbreaking being reported by Sky, but it’s out there that he would consider the job if approached.

Let’s hope he’s here for the foreseeable as he’s the glue that’s holding our club together at the moment.

Nothing we didn't already know when he first became manager. I doubt that Sky have any real information here, they are just putting two and two together. I don't think it'll happen. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I don't think I'd be ready for Rooney leaving to be added on top of the already heartbreaking situation we find ourselves in.

The compensation money would probably fund us until the end of the season at least, but would the club be as appealing if he goes? Sponsors, potential owners, players... all cited Rooney as a pulling factor for us. If he goes, do players decide they'll leave after all? Does the amount buyers are willing to pay drop?

I've seen enough this season with Rooney to tell me I want him to be involved with Derby for a long, long time. He's my favourite manager since McClaren 9 years ago, and if he keeps us up he'd definitely eclipse that. Maybe he would still even if we don't stay up.

I thought that if the worst comes to worst, and we end up with a phoenix club, Wayne and his American friends might want to buy us. He wouldn't manage us, but at least he's involved.

To summarise, I really do not want him to go to Everton. Not sure if I made that clear.

Well this really helped my mood! ?

2 hours ago, SaffyRam said:

I can’t believe that Rooney would abandon this group of players. When we first went into admin, he said something along the lines of…..what kind of person would I be to leave now?

Dont get the wrong idea, i want him to stay and if he does go i fear for the worst as in we go down and there will be quite a few leaving. Now re. Your point, cast your mind back a few years when citeh post take over really started to challenge United. The rumours were that WR after a fall out with Fergie over some contractand, the lack of recruits WR was on theverge of signing for citeh. Everton is his boyhood club, if we get decent bit  of compo i ll be ok with that. Lets face it it is a poo show and he has been unbelievable