Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rooney wont go at all . Butttttt the hard bit will be if everton offer 7 million in compo . Now thats a hard one . He could poss say i will come next season . But im begining to see rooney in a different light , he has alot more brains than i gave him credit for and he will realise he has alot to learn and stay and poss complete something in football thats never been done . 

I can’t see him being on Everton’s shortlist but I said the same about Lampard and Chelski. After a very poor start Wayne has done really well for us. If he is offered the opportunity I wouldn’t blame him if he goes. However, he could find himself in the same position as Frank if things don’t work out. He is producing something a bit special here and I hope he now sees it through.

I would like Rooney to stay, he’s doing a great job.

However, if no progress is made on the admin front then proof of funds will need to be in place for the rest of the season. If we can get Everton to pay a couple of million for him, and we lose his considerable wages (if he is even taking them at the moment) then it might just be what saves the club.

We would go down, but that is better than going bust.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-rooney-transfers-efl-6499580

...Rooney had said previously he would have the final say on players leaving. Asked had that situation changed, he said: "Yes, of course. I said that based on the information I was given.

"In my press conference on Thursday, I was told Thursday morning that the preferred bidder would be in place that evening or the latest Friday morning...so it was a bit of a shock to get the news I got."

"I had to dust myself down first of all because that wasn't easy. I had to put myself in the right frame of mind to first of all speak to Phil Jagielka Friday morning, speak to the team, speak to the staff at the training ground, speak to the Academy staff and try and give them some information, try and give them what I could. Losing Shinnie Friday evening was very tough.

"It's hurtful for the fans and for the staff who have worked at this club for a long time. Listen, players will come and go, that is normal throughout any football club, but for the ones who are left behind it is a tough moment."

What did Rooney feel when he was informed of the situation? "Sad, angry, disappointed, frustrated. Have you seen the movie 'Inside Out', have you seen the little fireman, that is what I felt like, my head had blown up!" he said.

"It is hard, it is tough but this is where you have to show your character, show that fight in you and I have done that throughout my life.

"What has really impressed me is how the players have dealt with this, it has been incredible."

Edited by RoyMac5

My thoughts ...

I think Everton are seeking a short term interim manager until the manager they want to sign is ready, and Rooney is considered for the short term interim role.

The issue for Everton with that will be the large compensation fee they have to pay to Derby to Hire Rooney, that's under efl rules, that compensation is paid to a team if a manager moves team, while under contract.

Assuming Rooney leaves Derby, who can the administrators afford to offer the managers role to, so a current staff member takes over. Derby at that point would be guaranteed relegation.

Mute point to all of thus is that if Derby can't show efl the 7 million required to complete the season by 1 February, then Derby goes stops existing as club.

The efl will kick Derby out of the league.

Just now, Oldben said:

My thoughts ...

I think Everton are seeking a short term interim manager until the manager they want to sign is ready, and Rooney is considered for the short term interim role.

I think that if it happens is much more likely to be Duncan Fergusson as he has done it before.

If they want Wayne I think he'll make them wait!

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that if it happens is much more likely to be Duncan Fergusson as he has done it before.

If they want Wayne I think he'll make them wait!

Why would the assistant manager of Everton, Duncan Fergusson, join Derby as manager, with Derby in its current situation.

If I were an Everton fan, I'd be hoping for Rooney at this point. 

I'm pretty amazed that people think that Rooney won't take it the moment it's offered. He's shown remarkable loyalty to the Rams and I think he'll always have a soft spot for us, and he'll look after us with loans etc, but he would be insane to turn Everton down for about 50 reasons. Not the least of which is he could be easily made redundant here in next couple of weeks.

The compensation, if any, won't be huge and Everton won't even blink if they decide Rooney is their man.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If I were an Everton fan, I'd be hoping for Rooney at this point. 

I'm pretty amazed that people think that Rooney won't take it the moment it's offered. He's shown remarkable loyalty to the Rams and I think he'll always have a soft spot for us, and he'll look after us with loans etc, but he would be insane to turn Everton down for about 50 reasons. Not the least of which is he could be easily made redundant here in next couple of weeks.

The compensation, if any, won't be huge and Everton won't even blink if they decide Rooney is their man.

In the same way Chelsea fans were hoping for Lampard?

I think the efl and sky are missing a trick. This has the potential to be one of the all time greatest escapes in football, all led by an England legend in Rooney. This should be a fairytale, the ultimate feel good story. 

When the lead football story is Arsenal wimping out of another game, true professionalism, true desire and passion is going by under the radar.

There is nothing but misery in the news, politicians treating the public like clowns, you would think for the positive reaction, the potential for selling how exciting this league can be they should not be putting up obstacles.

Our punishment has been served. The man responsible for all that is long gone. Let Rooney, the staff and the players keep up the fight for the impossible.