Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Those suggesting Morris without Lampard do not know what happened on the training ground, in team selections or at the bar in the Joiners.

Management duos work together. Each having different, complementary roles.

The classic example was Clough and Taylor.......a few of us lived through the in-sole-charge Peter Taylor era. Let's just say the role of manager did not suit him.

If you want lesser examples, look at Jason Tindell at Bournemouth after Howe left - just not suited to the top job.

So, please do not be influenced by who sent the better tweets.

Don’t do Twitter, he just seemed the influence in the dugout to me. Can only offer my opinion based upon what I saw with my own eyes

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, cos we're all about Gibson.

It was meant a little tongue in cheek, we all know Gibson has a lob on for everything DCFC and not the other way around.

Warnock has form in the Championship & an axe to grind following his dismissal and the manner in which he was informed.

A driven focused Warnock is a dangerous thing and could be this generations Jim Smith

If Rooney goes to Everton, I wish him luck. He will need it.

People bemoan the quality of the players he is working with here, but what would be different at Everton?

For a club of Everton’s size and ambition, the squad is in a really poor state. It’s one bad appointment from being in the bottom three.

Rooney would be on a hiding to nothing. It’s like trying to run before you can even crawl.

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Those suggesting Morris without Lampard do not know what happened on the training ground, in team selections or at the bar in the Joiners.

Management duos work together. Each having different, complementary roles.

The classic example was Clough and Taylor.......a few of us lived through the in-sole-charge Peter Taylor era. Let's just say the role of manager did not suit him.

If you want lesser examples, look at Jason Tindell at Bournemouth after Howe left - just not suited to the top job.

Bit harsh .  They only lost 5 or 6 in 30 + games in his first season and went 13 unbeaten to stay up, with a poor squad. Wouldn't mind a bit of that at the minute.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well if roony was to go could maybe paul pescoldo that scored winning goal against forest of coffee cup did decent job at burton.

Coffee Cup???

is that another competition we will be eligible for when we are in League One?

Another possible Wembley trip?

Having said that I’m not sure I Kenco to that one. ?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

His loyalty to DCFC, his permanent signings for DCFC were woeful except Shinnie (whom he never managed) 

Lets not be fooled, the football during the period when Mason Mount was unavailable was dreadful. 
We achieved what we did under him due to the loan signings and nothing else.

He was in my opinion the beginning of the whole mess we find ourselves in, poor signings and sheer poor management. The only good thing from that era was Jody Morris, he is the brains in the outfit and carried himself with dignity whereas FL left us hanging before dropping us right in the ?

There is truth in the Mount / loans point but he didn’t have any cards either .. the money was sticky even then. Lampard just played his best card .. I have a squad of medium quality, little or no money .. but I do have my name and can get some special sparks in to give this team a lift. He did bring academy players in too. Nope, no problem with Lamps .. he was what he was and we had the usual ups and downs given our resources. Also seemed like a half decent bloke. 

19 minutes ago, Rambervalley said:

Coffee Cup???

is that another competition we will be eligible for when we are in League One?

Another possible Wembley trip?

Having said that I’m not sure I Kenco to that one. ?

It was Kenco’s fault we aren’t in the premier league wasn’t it ?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Don’t know if that was directed at my post re Morris on Twitter but I based my suggestion he may be worthy of consideration due to his work with the Chelsea youth team where he was quite impressive and no doubt noted by Lampard, who, starting out on his first managerial venture wanted an astute coach along side him.

Re Twitter, I’ve seen two examples of his tweets (one, “once a Ram”...) which suggested to me (rightly or wrongly) he still has a passing interest in the club and I like that thought. 

The media will always link Wayne Rooney with other jobs just for the clicks. Also, the view from outside is that he is doing a great job in the most difficult circumstances any manager could possibly have to cope with, let alone a rookie manager. A view shared by many of us as well. The proof is in the brick walls that the team are running through every match for him.

Rooney is currently in a no loss situation, we get relegated it was to be expected, if we stay up he will be a club legend, a miracle worker.

That said, it's just media clickbait rubbish, last month was Man Utd, this month Everton any guesses for Januarys linked club?

I like Rooney but should he go would it bother me? Not really, slight disappointment but if we could get Curtis Davis in as player/manager should that happen, along with the compensation we would receive from Everton it might actually work out well for us.

Edited by Retro_RAM