Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

We got Foos tickets for London, but the price was obscene. It was through Ticketmaster and other than being right at the back, all we could get were platinum seats at £260 a pop. I think they should have been £137.50 but it was demand-based pricing. Disgraceful, but we’re big fans and will find the money when the credit card needs paying. I appreciate we’re very lucky and most people just can’t afford or justify paying that. It’s really p1ssed me off.

I’ve just looked and seats in the next block are now priced at £352. Fans are getting ripped off across the board. I appreciate artists struggle to make money from record sales now, but these prices are outrageous. I don’t even know how much the artist gets and how much is trousered by Ticketmaster.

3 hours ago, Kinder said:

We got Foos tickets for London, but the price was obscene. It was through Ticketmaster and other than being right at the back, all we could get were platinum seats at £260 a pop. I think they should have been £137.50 but it was demand-based pricing. Disgraceful, but we’re big fans and will find the money when the credit card needs paying. I appreciate we’re very lucky and most people just can’t afford or justify paying that. It’s really p1ssed me off.

I’ve just looked and seats in the next block are now priced at £352. Fans are getting ripped off across the board. I appreciate artists struggle to make money from record sales now, but these prices are outrageous. I don’t even know how much the artist gets and how much is trousered by Ticketmaster.

What price were the ones at the back?

Edited by ketteringram

46 minutes ago, Kinder said:

My missus thinks £104.50

I've just looked on Ticketmaster and viagogo, and oddly for similar blocks, it looks like viagogo is way cheaper.  £350 ish v £205. 

The whole ticketing system is a mess . Taylor Swift will absolutely melt Ticketmaster when they go on sale later this month.

5 hours ago, Kinder said:

I’m seeing them in Brum on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it, the set list is great. Can’t wait to see them play Alexander The Great.

Alexander the Great will definitely be the highlight, hell on earth is my favourite off of Senjitsu so I’m looking forward to that one too. They’ve never played the prisoner either when I’ve seen them before. 

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

I've just looked on Ticketmaster and viagogo, and oddly for similar blocks, it looks like viagogo is way cheaper.  £350 ish v £205. 

The whole ticketing system is a mess . Taylor Swift will absolutely melt Ticketmaster when they go on sale later this month.

Absolutely, it’s going to be a nightmare trying to get Taylor tickets. My daughter’s a massive fan so we have to get her there. To be fair, she’s converted me so I really want to go as well!

9 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Alexander the Great will definitely be the highlight, hell on earth is my favourite off of Senjitsu so I’m looking forward to that one too. They’ve never played the prisoner either when I’ve seen them before. 

Yeah, Hell on Earth is amazing, that’s going to go off live. My favourite is Darkest Hour so it’s disappointing that’s not in, I’d love to see Adrian playing that live. Hope you enjoy the gig mate.

My tickets for Suede at the Brixton Academy have been cancelled as the Met Police and Lambeth Council do their utmost to permanently close this great cultural landmark, the finest music venue in London. For those unfamiliar, a terrible thing happened last December when a huge mob without tickets forced their way into the venue to see Nigerian afrobeats singer Asake, causing a Hillsborough-style crush where some ticketed people in the venue were caught up in the crush and horrifically died. But it doesn't mean the venue itself should be permanently closed, rather that murderous thugs shouldn't be allowed to force their way into the building. Been to far more gigs there than any other venue, including some great life moments.

Did see Interpol there in the past. Have them at Somerset House on Monday, hoping the Sun is shining.

26 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My tickets for Suede at the Brixton Academy have been cancelled as the Met Police and Lambeth Council do their utmost to permanently close this great cultural landmark, the finest music venue in London. For those unfamiliar, a terrible thing happened last December when a huge mob without tickets forced their way into the venue to see Nigerian afrobeats singer Asake, causing a Hillsborough-style crush where some ticketed people in the venue were caught up in the crush and horrifically died. But it doesn't mean the venue itself should be permanently closed, rather that murderous thugs shouldn't be allowed to force their way into the building. Been to far more gigs there than any other venue, including some great life moments.

Did see Interpol there in the past. Have them at Somerset House on Monday, hoping the Sun is shining.

Saw Interpol in Brighton a few weeks back; great evening - played a really good, tight set. Sorry you are missing out on Suede, and other Academy gigs. Hopefully the Council get their s*** together soon.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whilst I agree it would be awful if Brixton shut, I think you are possibly putting too much of the blame on murderous thugs and not enough on the organisation of the event. You even liken it to Hillsborough, where we all now know who was to blame.

It seemed like a major reason for the crush was at least one dodgy person on the door allowing people in with fake tickets, meaning genuine ticket holders were stuck outside trying to get in. I doubt the crowds outside were thinking of murder, probably just getting irate that the gig was about to start and there weren't let in.

I don't see why they can't set up a barrier system outside the venue though, like I saw at Hammersmith recently. I'm sure I recall seeing one at Brixton before too. Perhaps they were supposed to and not doing it has contributed to the ongoing issues in reopening.

I know it disappointing that the venue remains closed, but the pictures of the mum and the security guard who died were just heartbreaking. Until there is some guarantee that nothing like that can happen again, it will probably remain close. I just hope there isn't some plan to knock it down and turn it into empty homes for foreign investors to own.

On 01/07/2023 at 14:15, Kinder said:

My wife would love to go, but I couldn’t justify that price. We’ve seen them twice before, and three times if you include the Taylor Hawkins tribute. If it was first time ever, then maybe. But I kind of feel like I’ve been there, done that. They are amazing live though.

Villa park gig is also at the same time as Glastonbury, and we’ve wanted to go there for years, things have always got in the way or we’ve struggled to get tickets though. Hopefully this year. Although we can be sure try at the Foos probably won’t be doing a ‘surprise’ gig there next year. But hopefully someone equally as cool will do something equally as cool. 

Question for the regular gig crowd. 

Let's say three of us going to gig. I'm the one who bought the tickets. So they're all on my phone, within the TM app, or in Google wallet whatever. The TM site specifically says screenshots won't work. Now I've sent screenshots loads of times for stuff like west end shows, train tickets, boarding passes, galleries museums etc, and they've always worked . 

How do the three of you get in with the tickets on one device. Especially if it's being scanned by a turnstile rather than someone manually scanning them?

10 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Question for the regular gig crowd. 

Let's say three of us going to gig. I'm the one who bought the tickets. So they're all on my phone, within the TM app, or in Google wallet whatever. The TM site specifically says screenshots won't work. Now I've sent screenshots loads of times for stuff like west end shows, train tickets, boarding passes, galleries museums etc, and they've always worked . 

How do the three of you get in with the tickets on one device. Especially if it's being scanned by a turnstile rather than someone manually scanning them?

With Apple Wallet you can send tickets to other people. I don't know however if Google wallet allows the same.

14 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I added The Tourist to a couple of my playlists when you first plugged it a few years ago, and it's a great listen every time!

Ah thanks mate, we have a new EP out, probably in early August

Got a fair few coming up 😉

Splendour Festival (Madness, Noel Gallagher) (Nottinghamshire)

Lottery Winners (Colchester)

Eagles tribute (Eastbourne),

The Signatures (Northern Soul band) (Eastbourne)

Soft Cell, OMD, Heaven 17 (Audley End)

Razorlight, Embrace, The Feeling, Toploader (Audley End)

The Signatures (Bury St Edmunds)

Easy Star All Stars (Norwich)

Scala & the Kolacny  Brothers (Dublin)

ABBA voyage (London)

Retrodub Festival (Ipswich)

Sidney Barnes (London)

Hard Fi (Cambridge)

Frank and Walters (London)

Rock by Candlelight (Ipswich)

Toyah & Robert Fripp (Bury St Edmunds)

The Royston Club (London)

Sidney Barnes & The Signatures (Coventry)

Butlins Soul weekender (Skeggy)

Shine on Weekender (Wonder Stuff, Inspiral Carpets, The Enemy) (Minehead)

Lottery Winners (Chelmsford)

Ian McNabb (Stowmarket)

Ryan Hamilton (Great Yarmouth)

Absolute Bowie (Norwich)

P!nk tribute (Bury St Edmunds)

Blackpool Soul Festival (err ..Blackpool)

First Light Festival (Lowestoft)

Foo Fighters (London)

Think that’s it!

6 minutes ago, admira said:

Got a fair few coming up 😉

Splendour Festival (Madness, Noel Gallagher) (Nottinghamshire)

Lottery Winners (Colchester)

Eagles tribute (Eastbourne),

The Signatures (Northern Soul band) (Eastbourne)

Soft Cell, OMD, Heaven 17 (Audley End)

Razorlight, Embrace, The Feeling, Toploader (Audley End)

The Signatures (Bury St Edmunds)

Easy Star All Stars (Norwich)

Scala & the Kolacny  Brothers (Dublin)

ABBA voyage (London)

Retrodub Festival (Ipswich)

Sidney Barnes (London)

Hard Fi (Cambridge)

Frank and Walters (London)

Rock by Candlelight (Ipswich)

Toyah & Robert Fripp (Bury St Edmunds)

The Royston Club (London)

Sidney Barnes & The Signatures (Coventry)

Butlins Soul weekender (Skeggy)

Shine on Weekender (Wonder Stuff, Inspiral Carpets, The Enemy) (Minehead)

Lottery Winners (Chelmsford)

Ian McNabb (Stowmarket)

Ryan Hamilton (Great Yarmouth)

Absolute Bowie (Norwich)

P!nk tribute (Bury St Edmunds)

Blackpool Soul Festival (err ..Blackpool)

First Light Festival (Lowestoft)

Foo Fighters (London)

Think that’s it!

But what will you do on the Sunday?