Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

Last open air one I went to they'd just brought out those massive circular urinals with about 8 holes in.  

I understood the concept, it stops massive queues but after years off portaloos and lining up against a fence it was a bit odd.

Unfortunately, the whole thing was on a slight tilt and I turned up just as it got full, queue 5 litres of piss coming directly out the hole I was using.

At that  point I decided

tumblr_lz376laNSq1qaygy7o1_500.jpg

Might try download mind depending whose on.

3 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Anyone gambled on buying gig or festival tickets for this year? 

I've bought for Rebellion in Blackpool, Arctangent near Bristol and Moseley Folk in Brum. Was hoping Indietracks in Derbyshire would go ahead but it cancelled early sadly. No indoor tickets bought yet though. 

Not really still carrying over GNR in seville and Foos in Valencia both now moved to 2022

On 22/04/2021 at 17:25, Bearwood Ram said:

I've bought for Rebellion in Blackpool, Arctangent near Bristol and Moseley Folk in Brum. Was hoping Indietracks in Derbyshire would go ahead but it cancelled early sadly. No indoor tickets bought yet though. 

I'd looked at the event and if I hadn't finally got to see SLF on the 40th anniversary tour of Inflammable Material in Orlando I'd possibly have gone.

Should be fun if it happens.

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'd looked at the event and if I hadn't finally got to see SLF on the 40th anniversary tour of Inflammable Material in Orlando I'd possibly have gone.

Should be fun if it happens.

I've only been to Rebellion once, a couple of years ago. Stranglers and Skids being particular highlights. Only seen SLF once so can't wait to see them again. If it happens.. ?

3 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

I've only been to Rebellion once, a couple of years ago. Stranglers and Skids being particular highlights. Only seen SLF once so can't wait to see them again. If it happens.. ?

I saw The Skids at The Limit behind The City Hall, Sheffield in (I think) 79 - but it the tour when Scared to Dance came out. That club wouldn't be allowed now, Richard Jobson was almost kicking the ceiling with his manic goose-stepping-style dancing it was that low and a fire would have killed everybody. The place went mental when they did TV Stars.

About 2 years ago I was at my local gym in a small town just outside Orlando. I spotted a guy in a Skids t-shirt so I had to go and talk to him.

Turns out he was mates with Richard Jobson although he wasn't a fan per se. Had a brilliant chat. 

I missed out on seeing The Stranglers in 78  and bitterly regretted after most of my mates went and said it was brilliant.

Edited by Bob The Badger

Had tickets for slam dunk festival in Leeds (boo) in 2020, kept them on through the first couple or date rearrangements but now it clashes and a couple of the key bands we'd wanted to see dropped out. 

Got our money back straight away once we decided to cancel so fair play to them for that. 

Really want to get back to seeing live music but had to plan too far ahead and commit to tickets right now!

On 22/04/2021 at 20:58, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Last open air one I went to they'd just brought out those massive circular urinals with about 8 holes in.  

I understood the concept, it stops massive queues but after years off portaloos and lining up against a fence it was a bit odd.

Unfortunately, the whole thing was on a slight tilt and I turned up just as it got full, queue 5 litres of piss coming directly out the hole I was using.

At that  point I decided

tumblr_lz376laNSq1qaygy7o1_500.jpg

Might try download mind depending whose on.

The urinals I've used at festivals have tended to be okay usually. Festival toilets on the other hand.....

tenor-10.gif

25 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

The urinals I've used at festivals have tended to be okay usually. Festival toilets on the other hand.....

tenor-10.gif

?

Remember seeing a particularly grim one at Reading in 92 when someone put a metal coat hanger through the door handle of the porta loo trapping their mate inside and then they rolled it down a hill.  He was really happy.

Also saw one - can't remember where- where someone had sat on the crapper and had a eaten a load of fried chicken leaving the bones behind.  Made me feel quite ill. Might have been the stone roses at Heaton park.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

?

Remember seeing a particularly grim one at Reading in 92 when someone put a metal coat hanger through the door handle of the porta loo trapping their mate inside and then they rolled it down a hill.  He was really happy.

Also saw one - can't remember where- where someone had sat on the crapper and had a eaten a load of fried chicken leaving the bones behind.  Made me feel quite ill. Might have been the stone roses at Heaton park.

Of course, what happens after a while is that people avoid them altogether and go for a slash elsewhere, usually against the perimeter fence. I remember at V Festival in 2009 seeing a load of women having a squat against a fence while their friends tried to shield them from the front. They were using a wire fence though, inside the site, and I, along with hundreds of other people could see them doing a mass moon from the other side of the fence. It wouldn't have seemed so strange if their friends weren't trying to cover them from the front. Festivals: where normal rules no longer apply.

On 22/04/2021 at 17:25, Bearwood Ram said:

Rebellion is a blast, always good fun, if a bit hot and sweaty. Banging weekend.....

2 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Of course, what happens after a while is that people avoid them altogether and go for a slash elsewhere, usually against the perimeter fence. I remember at V Festival in 2009 seeing a load of women having a squat against a fence while their friends tried to shield them from the front. They were using a wire fence though, inside the site, and I, along with hundreds of other people could see them doing a mass moon from the other side of the fence. It wouldn't have seemed so strange if their friends weren't trying to cover them from the front. Festivals: where normal rules no longer apply.

The best bit about them fences is that at some point it no longer becomes a perimeter fence and becomes the fence separating the VIP back stage nobbers from the paupers- normally friends or exotic substance purveyors for the performers. 

Somewhere along that fence will be a gate that the heavily inebriated can't see ( a bit like the toilets in the pit and pendulum in Nottingham that seem to be part of a bookcase.)

Guaranteed at some point that fence gate will be opened from the VIP side by security to be meet with a torrent of piss on the trousers and shoes.  Always takes both sides a few seconds to comprehend whats happening before the normal verbal rage.

On 24/04/2021 at 11:15, Bearwood Ram said:

SLF are OK but Jake yaps on too much between songs - Henry doing acoustic was actually better. The Stranglers were immense that year, much better than the couple of times before when I saw them stand alone. Goldblade were pretty good, UK Subs are always a crowd pleaser. Some of the bands on the Introducing stage are pretty good - most of which wouldn't make it past the swear filter here.

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The best bit about them fences is that at some point it no longer becomes a perimeter fence and becomes the fence separating the VIP back stage nobbers from the paupers- normally friends or exotic substance purveyors for the performers. 

Somewhere along that fence will be a gate that the heavily inebriated can't see ( a bit like the toilets in the pit and pendulum in Nottingham that seem to be part of a bookcase.)

Guaranteed at some point that fence gate will be opened from the VIP side by security to be meet with a torrent of piss on the trousers and shoes.  Always takes both sides a few seconds to comprehend whats happening before the normal verbal rage.

The odour of piss and stale vomit is the one reason you can always find the bogs in the Pit and Pendulum without needing to suss out where the door in the fake bookcase is.