Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

15 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Got to love the start of summer, Good Times festival today. Not really looking forward to the 35deg and high humidity though, 33 deg at 10.00 am.

IMG_1365.thumb.jpeg.65e1106efa1a35e29697da8824104180.jpeg

That's a very decent lineup! How was it?

I went to Download this summer and really struggled with the heat overall. Think it topped out at 30deg.

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

That's a very decent lineup! How was it?

I went to Download this summer and really struggled with the heat overall. Think it topped out at 30deg.

Great day out,  hard to beat Spiderbait live. Must have lost a few kilos sweating and I’m sure my hearing will come back sometime today, ended up right at the front.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Got tickets for Echo and the Bunnymen and Elvis Costello, both at the newly-renovated (and re-named) Bristol Beacon.

As you said renamed, I had to look it up and see if it's where I thought it was. 

I saw my first gig there, in 1973. 

Slade, and The Sensational Alex Harvey band. Up until then, the loudest music I'd have heard would have been a school disco.

My ears were ringing for the next two days 😀

25 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

As you said renamed, I had to look it up and see if it's where I thought it was. 

I saw my first gig there, in 1973. 

Slade, and The Sensational Alex Harvey band. Up until then, the loudest music I'd have heard would have been a school disco.

My ears were ringing for the next two days 😀

Trouble is, it has such a small capacity and they’ve spent so much on it, that the tickets are extortionate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/12/2023 at 20:27, Stagtime said:

Great day out,  hard to beat Spiderbait live. Must have lost a few kilos sweating and I’m sure my hearing will come back sometime today, ended up right at the front.

My son blames Airbourne for his (partial) hearing loss.

On 17/02/2024 at 11:38, Premier ram said:

Got tickets to see AC/DC at Wembley in July

Always a brilliant experience.

One of the best AC/DC gigs I ever saw was at Punchestown a few years back (checks YouTube - bloody Nora, 15 years ago). Angus performing an amazing solo on the cherry-picker in the most torrential rainstorm.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Always a brilliant experience.

One of the best AC/DC gigs I ever saw was at Punchestown a few years back (checks YouTube - bloody Nora, 15 years ago). Angus performing an amazing solo on the cherry-picker in the most torrential rainstorm.

I’m a bit old school, haven’t seen them since Bon died. Just wouldn’t be the same.