Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

18 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm heading to Bristol on Saturday to see Embrace play their firsr album all the way through. Saw them tour it the first time in Wolverhampton 25 years ago and was very surprised how mental the mosh was for mostly ballards.

One of the craziest mosh pits I went to was Shed 7 in York in 96 or 97. There was a mix of teenage girls who would normally go to pop concerts and big, older Yorkshire blokes. Everyone was falling over.

That was when Shed 7 were unfairly cast as a jokey Britpop band, unlike now when they are self-deprecating blokes who wrote some brilliant tunes...Going for Gold, Bully Boy, Chasing Rainbows. Just 3 that would grace anyones back catalouge.

I saw Embrace play the first album at the Halifax Piece Hall a few months ago - really good gig. I've seen them a few times including at the Venue in Derby in front of 500 people.

Have a listen to Colin Murray's Midnight Meets Podcast, both Rick Witter and Danny McNamara have been on recently.

2 hours ago, NOTSA74 said:

I saw Embrace play the first album at the Halifax Piece Hall a few months ago - really good gig. I've seen them a few times including at the Venue in Derby in front of 500 people.

Have a listen to Colin Murray's Midnight Meets Podcast, both Rick Witter and Danny McNamara have been on recently.

I still that first album was amazing. So many epic tunes. Not really sure why they weren't bigger than they were.

Saw Public Service Broadcasting and Django Django over the weekend - two extremely talented bands, at the top of their game.

Up and coming bands seen recently include Do Nothing, Life, Legss, Just Mustard, English Teacher, L’Objectif, Bar Italia, Cucumaras and (tonight) Egyptian Blue. Post-punk and indie is alive and kicking.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Saw Public Service Broadcasting and Django Django over the weekend - two extremely talented bands, at the top of their game.

Up and coming bands seen recently include Do Nothing, Life, Legss, Just Mustard, English Teacher, L’Objectif, Bar Italia, Cucumaras and (tonight) Egyptian Blue. Post-punk and indie is alive and kicking.

Also saw Geese a few weeks back. Another band well worth seeing when they are next on these shores.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2023 at 15:44, NOTSA74 said:

I've seen them almost 30 times and have a tattoo of their logo on my arm. Great band indeed.

6 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

The Smyths in Leamington Spa tomorrow night. Great tribute band who sound just like the Smiths and the singer even looks like a younger Moz

Very good tribute band. Seen them 3 or 4 times in Brighton. They are back down here just before Christmas.

Not much in my music diary for the next few weeks unfortunately, but first few months of 2024 looking good 😊