v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was expecting a battling performance..a team at it all game..on the front foot winning every 50/50 and leaving everything out on the pitch win lose or draw..

What that team served up was a disgrace..there are no other words to describe it..whatever the half time team talk was it was obviously rubbish..management is responsible for the team and performance so the buck has to stop there..

But that group of players should be fkin ashamed of themselves..sadly they won't be..

Rooney’s managerial career is in tatters now. That statement stating this team won’t go down will haunt him, along with his predictions about Max Bird and Lee Buchanan. I will freely admit I got carried away with the early results and thinking our academy players were as good as they were being talked up.

Just listening to his interview - same old garbage about training is good. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

absolute joke of an interview on Radio Derby!! where the hell is the accountability for this shambles 

Rooney as a player never took accountability for anything, I'm not surprised he'd duck it now. 

A bizarre season where most things that could go wrong, did go wrong. Plus Covid. Regrettable in the extreme. We reverted to Cocu form for reasons that cannot be explained. Turning point for me was the car accident and losing our motivational captain then losing Davies then Bielik. We were financially overstretched and it hit us harder than most teams. Let us hope that the takeover is irreversible even if they get it for less money.

Just now, Edtheram said:

Rooney is spouting absolute crap...AGAIN on radio Derby.

if he’s not sacked tonight then I’m at a loss.

Never such a load of cack. Gave everything second half. You what . Sounds like he's had 10 pints. You'd get more coherence from a stranger sat next too you on the 2am bus on Saturday night. Kept breaking his sentences half way and starting another . Back to your colouring books and sand pit . Hysterical if it wasn't so vomit inducing. 

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Rooney’s managerial career is in tatters now. That statement stating this team won’t go down will haunt him, along with his predictions about Max Bird and Lee Buchanan. I will freely admit I got carried away with the early results and thinking our academy players were as good as they were being talked up.

Just listening to his interview - same old garbage about training is good. 

His predictions about Max Bird and Lee Buchanan will come right. They are outstanding prospects - just probably won’t be with us

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Rooney has turned out to be absolute (and I'm sorry about this Wayne's loyal supporters,I really am,I wanted it to be much better) toss as a manager/coach...we can't defend or attack and our midfield is completely meaningless.

Together with rosenior and the other 900 members of staff they have managed to drag a desperately average set of players even further down the competency table into being absolutely and completely useless as individual players and as a team.

He sadly has to go,there are still 9 points up for grabs and it's vital we have a complete change of management to have any chance whatsoever of getting any of them....otherwise it's the drop from which we will take years to recover from.

Rooney's time,once he has more experience may well come somewhere but it's not here and it's not now.

You are gonna be shocked by this from me but here goes,, sack the lot of them now ,,,,, put wassell and the under 23 s coaches in charge for the remaining games ( perhaps Mac helping ) ,,,, we are going down with Rooney and rosenior so if wassell keeps us up great and if not he remains and we let him build with youth in div 3 or 2 whatever it’s known as since premiership started.

ive stood be mel Morris since day one and feel sorry for him as everything he’s touched at Derby has turned to crap but he has to take responsibility for this season’s debacle 

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rooney sounds shell shocked. He has no answers 

Can understand he might be. These are the same players that looked unlucky to lose against Blackburn. Are they really? WTF are they doing?! Good experience for Rooney, something to learn that can't be got from books. Can't think he'd want to keep more than 20% of our current squad!

Archived