v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The Blackburn equaliser is down to idiotic instructions which result in Lawrence marking the biggest player on the pitch at a set piece.

Last night he started in an AM position. It fell on him to track Whiteman in that stage of play. Bird should have been aware of the run, and Wisdom should have been barking orders due to being able to see everything in front of him.

Lawrence shouldn't have been in the middle and Knight shouldn't have been on the left. If they were both in their real positions, that goal isn't scored.

Ultimately, both goals are down to Rooney's decisions.

On seeing the team sheet and realising Rooney, YET AGAIN, was putting Knight out of position out wide, summed up for me that his decision-making is just not good enough. We shouldn’t have put him in a situation to make these mistakes in the position we were in when he was appointed ?

Jamie Ward said last night it is about the hard yards and the short yards players will put in the hard yards in training it is not difficult to look a decent team in training. What you need to do in a game is the short yards the five yards to close a player down when you realise you are not tight enough to them.... He said he did not see that from enough players and it is that desire that gets you points

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Come on you two we are all hurting. Like most of us I’ve reacted with not always wise words immediately after a defeat. I couldn’t last night as I feel a little broken with my club. As fans we have to hold it together. We do have a future and it’s looking like next season in League 1 but there’s strength in unity. All Rams and we can come back stronger. Peace and love! 
Special mention for @B4ev6is hope you’re ok mate. We still have a League winning club with a proud history. DCFC ?

I am okay mate just have my feeling hurt by the lads I never ask for much for them give everything if not good fair enough but laying down and giving up I can not stand.

2 hours ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Not sure why we changed the system despite Jozwiak’s injury. Surely Sibz could’ve filled in for Jozwiak and we’d have had a front three of Loz, Sibz and Roberts. The front three we had against Blackburn was much more dynamic, CKR has been anonymous lately. At least we created some half decent chances against Blackburn, against Preston N.E we created nothing. 

Get with it, Daddio.  Who the hell calls him Roberts!

That's Loz, Sibz, and Robzy, dontcha know! ?

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am okay mate just have my feeling hurt by the lads I never ask for much for them give everything if not good fair enough but laying down and giving up I can not stand.

Your consistent support and lack of criticism is remarkable and has been poorly rewarded by some of our performances. 

I was wondering whether somethings happened behind the scenes - we at least seemed to be having a go in the last couple of games, but we really didn't seem bothered yesterday at all. 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Your consistent support and lack of criticism is remarkable and has been poorly rewarded by some of our performances. 

I was wondering whether somethings happened behind the scenes - we at least seemed to be having a go in the last couple of games, but we really didn't seem bothered yesterday at all. 

I was left fuming at the lads I dont get why they just cant fight for fans and looks of things roony about to leave the club were this leaves us in the take over I dont know.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

We got completely stuffed last night losing 3-0, I don’t think any fancy charts and or statistics can defend any player on the pitch last night.

Bird has consistently demonstrated  this season and he is far from alone with it, that currently he doesn’t have what it takes to compete in the top half of this division. Let’s hope he and the rest can turn it round on Saturday. 

I would disagree, he is the sort of player that will be much better in a good team.  With time on his hands he looks much better but we don’t have that luxury and he is hopeless in the battles we are facing

@TexasRamram used the word “compete” in one of his posts .. great word that. .. If you look at our stats for pass completion, accuracy and so on. Then add in distance run in 90 mins I bet we look ok relative to our peers. The numbers men could say we are competitive  .. but anyone can play solo tennis against a wall. Competing is something different .. it’s about eagerness, aggression, hunger, speed b..mindedness. We simply do t have enough of that in the team. 

in terms of skill levels ( a clinical striker apart ) we have a reasonable championship squad with some likeable talented players. This isn’t about tactics or team selection it’s about fire in the gut and a forward thinking attitude .. something we lack enormously at present.