v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I won't tell you these players are great, but Rooney sounds beaten and clearly has no ideas. We need to clear em all out. 

He's an in-experienced manager. Like in-experienced players, these things happen. He has done enough to be given chance to do things HIS way.

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well if we had been given yet another absolute, dead cert stonewall penalty when Roberts wad tripped twice in the penalty area things might have been different. 

If Preston s second had bern correctly ruled out for offside, things might have been different.

If Rooney had set us to play on the front foot things would have been different. But as I and many others have already said having shown we know how to do “positive” our tactical genius of a manager goes back to one man up front and nobody running off him even though he has known  for weeks and weeks it doesn't work.

This is why we are where we are - refereeing decisions have cost us between 10 and 18 points this season, but none of them need to have cost us any points at all. It was still within our  capability to get a result regardless of the buffoons with the whistle and flags, but we threw it away with poor tactics, poor team selection, poor decision making and poor substitutions.

We are now considering just sending the youngsters out in League 1. It won’t work. Yet again we struggled with Preston s physicality, as we did against Rotherham. Compared with what they dish up in League 1, we ain’t seen nothing yet.

Still, the good news is that we bow have 3 football free days before we roll out the red carpet for Birmingham City.

Never a penalty, commentary team didn’t think it was either.  Offside no idea haven’t seen it from the linesman’s view?  Have you?

12 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

No they’re decent prospects. They’re not Conor Doyle, Izale MacLeod or Pablo Mills

I agree they seem better than who you’ve mentioned  but they’re nowhere near playing for England or in the premier league either as per Rooney’s comments. In my opinion Buchanan as a full back hasn’t got close to the standard Bogle consistently reached and he is second choice in a team that’s been relegated from the premier league. Bird is nowhere near the standard of Will Hughes who is a decent performer in a team that got relegated from the premier league. Bird isn’t close to the standard of Hendrick who is an average performer in lower league prem clubs. When Hughes came through we were all (myself included) this lad is a future England player. Sibley broke through loads of people were saying he was better than Hughes and a future England player. Maybe I’m just hacked off because of what’s happening and my general position has been to follow a progressive approach and follow the academy route but I can’t help feeling burnt for buying into this as much as I have. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He's an in-experienced manager. Like in-experienced players, these things happen. He has done enough to be given chance to do things HIS way.

No, he hasn't. His tactics are a joke, his interviews are borderline delusional and he would have us bottom of the league if it hadn't been for Bielik. He hadn't ''done enough'' to get appointed in the first place, he potentially got the job by knifing Cocu in the back. 

Miss Jamie Ward ?

Where is Russell?

Keogh for all his mistakes loved the club and the game.

For his lack of skill, we miss Bradley Johnson being a ****, we miss the runner in Weimann.

For duck sake, this team and manager currently make Connor Sammon look like a world beater!

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can understand he might be. These are the same players that looked unlucky to lose against Blackburn. Are they really? WTF are they doing?! Good experience for Rooney, something to learn that can't be got from books. Can't think he'd want to keep more than 20% of our current squad!

Are you some sort of wind up merchant?

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Gardening leave required for Wayne and his team, it’s lovely weather for planting herbaceous perennials, although they may struggle with the planting instructions and motivating them to grow.

Mac or bust I’m afraid.

I wouldn't trust any of them to train ivy up a fecking wall

38 minutes ago, Sprrms1983 said:

I joked with some friends a couple of months ago that Sheffield Wednesday last game of the season would be winner stays up, it's sad but on tonight's results it's a distinct possibility

I hate to say this but I think we'll be gone before then.

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Maybe I’m just hacked off because of what’s happening and My general position has been to follow a progressive approach and follow the academy route but I can’t help feeling burnt for buying into this as much as I have. 

We've been encouraged to believe it's true because Mel has allowed no option. They really aren't (yet?) that good but we have to play them. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry RoyMac. I think you're rapidly becoming the last man standing that has any faith in Rooney.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry RoyMac. I think you're rapidly becoming the last man standing that has any faith in Rooney.

I cannot believe how poor most of them were tonight. That was the same (bar Joz who lots tell us is crap) who gave Blackburn and Norwich a good game. Tonight? WTF was that about, most of them looked like they were playing underwater, Their pace was that of a player subbed off and doing the pretend running on the spot bit!

When Buchanan came on you could see how slow Fozzy had been. Eddy made Wiz look ordinary. Byrne had a poor game. Lawrence was anonymous as was Richards. Did Waghorn really come on as sub? He needn't have bothered. And so on.

18 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well if we had been given yet another absolute, dead cert stonewall penalty when Roberts wad tripped twice in the penalty area things might have been different. 

I missed that.

On tonight's display, I'd have put a months wages on our penalty taker doing the same!  

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No, he hasn't. His tactics are a joke, his interviews are borderline delusional and he would have us bottom of the league if it hadn't been for Bielik. He hadn't ''done enough'' to get appointed in the first place, he potentially got the job by knifing Cocu in the back. 

Screenshot_20210420-214135_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-214145_Chrome.jpg

Archived