v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nothing against Wardie (Obvs!) but are you basing that on how he was as a player?

Can you see where I'm going with this?  ?

Well we wouldn't have to worry about his hamstring ?

Just seems to be a great character. Doesnt need to be assistant manager, just our motivational speaker.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

A performance that will likely go down in the history books as one of the worst results in our history. 

Every single person connected to this club in a professional capacity should be ashamed with the situation. Mel Morris most of all, who will go down as one of the worst owners in our 100+ year history. All the awful decisions he’s made have led us to this point and he’s lost over a 100 million in the process. He’s focused too much on trying to sell the club, subsequently made decisions based on how to raise the profile of the club and with Wayne Rooney as manager we will more than likely see division 3 for the second time in our history.

What a ducking success story this has turned out to be! 

3rd tier for 3rd time

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you think this team would play like this tonight? I didn't. How is that the managers fault - who else could he have played btw!

Doesn’t matter how a team is expected to perform, it’s how they do perform. 

So if a manager’s instructions are ignored, why bother having one in the first place? We should just let them manage themselves.

How can you justify exorcising Rooney of any blame for that performance?? 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He played with a pace that Fozzy didn't. We were far too slow all game. Fozzy was utterly ordinary. Lee might not have been good but he tried.

Lee did NOT speed up our pace of play. He’s lost confidence, seems unable to take a man on. All he will do is run down the line before hitting another cross that - if it beats the tackler - does not beat the first man. He lays the ball off to players who are immediately under pressure and when urgency is needed he has an infuriating tendency to hold then go backwards. He’s got skill. He needs to worry a full back like a collie worries sheep. Why is he not learning that in training? Like many of our youngsters, he is not developing in this set up. 

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Heck, I feel a whole lot better now I know it's only poor referring that has got us in this mess. In fact, if we'd had a handful of decisions go our way we'd be play off contenders. ? 

Forget about sack Rooney, sack the refs.

I didn’t day that. I pointed out that there have been plenty of disgraceful refereeing decisions, but none of them, NONE OF THEM need have cost us any points because we are the authors of our own catastrophe.

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

odd observation. Not saying for a moment that Foz was great. But didn’t think Lee had a good game at all. And it’s what we have been seeing from him for a while 

I thought Fozzy was one of the bright sparks to be honest and then thought Buchanan looked poor. 

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Screenshot_20210420-220425_Chrome.jpg

So, in response to me pointing out you got the time frame wrong, you double down and find a post from another point after the time I was talking about. Classic. I even said on that post ''my initial doubts''. Try checking around the time I'm talking about and get back to me. 

Not quite sure what to say after that ?

Where’s Steve McQueen and his motor bike maybe ? 

Whats the definition of hope ? an elephant hanging over a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. 

flipping heck what a mess 

Up the rams 

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I thought Fozzy was one of the bright sparks to be honest and then thought Buchanan looked poor. 

Agree.

Whilst Buchanan has legs to get up and down more and faster, Fozzie hit far better balls across first half; unfortunately Buchanan never really delivered much in my opinion. His time will come, not being over critical of him but unless Fozzie was tiring, it was a mistake in this game, we should have persevered longer.

All opinions.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So, in response to me pointing out you got the time frame wrong, you double down and find a post from another point after the time I was talking about. Classic. I even said on that post ''my initial doubts''. Try checking around the time I'm talking about and get back to me. 

I'm unsure which part of "he hadn't done enough to get appointed in the first place" juxtaposed with "happy with this appointment" and "yup, obviously" in response to a question of whether he should get the job I'm getting out of context. 

Just now, LittleEatonRam said:

I'm unsure which part of "he hadn't done enough to get appointed in the first place" juxtaposed with "happy with this appointment" and "yup, obviously" in response to a question of whether he should get the job I'm getting out of context. 

I was talking about the period immediately after Cocu was fired. I said then I didn't want Rooney to get the job, it's documented on here, which I'm sure you're aware of since you've been digging around my old posts (this is odd behaviour, by the way). I gave him a chance when he started well, which is a normal human reaction. So it comes back to yet **again** you didn't understand my first post, and now you've wasted your own time digging for my posts contrary to what I said today, which don't exist.

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Agree.

Whilst Buchanan has legs to get up and down more and faster, Fozzie hit far better balls across first half; unfortunately Buchanan never really delivered much in my opinion. His time will come, not being over critical of him but unless Fozzie was tiring, it was a mistake in this game, we should have persevered longer.

All opinions.

Play breaks down for too often when Fozzy gets the ball. Sure he can ping the ball down the line and whip a cross in, but he can't find a man 5ft away from him. 

Archived