v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

Roy, surely you must accept now that Rooney has got to go? 

I'm not sure. This lot of players are awful - the effort on the pitch mostly came from the loans. The rest were playing like they were underwater.

2 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

I thought that but do we just kid ourselves because we as fans really want to see our young players do well? Are they just average players who will become L1/Champ players? I’m not against these lads in anyway but after this season I feel a bit stung for getting a bit carried away by the promise of youth. 

No they’re decent prospects. They’re not Conor Doyle, Izale MacLeod or Pablo Mills

5 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Not good enough, players or management, if Rooney has anything about him he needs to walk, he don't need a pay off, he needs to go back to united or wherever and earn his badges, this job is clearly too much for a rookie boss 

I wish he would go but, I doubt he will. Some may argue that if he "had anything about him" he'd be determined to prove himself by sticking around and staking his managerial career on getting us back up pretty much straight away. I think that is even less likely than Rooney walking but, what has he got to lose? It's his only hope if he genuinely wants to stay in management.

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sometimes, A team can go down fighting, and the fans will still stand proudly beside you, applaud you off, in recognition of your effort, and your determination.

...This is not one of those times.

?

Well if we had been given yet another absolute, dead cert stonewall penalty when Roberts wad tripped twice in the penalty area things might have been different. 

If Preston s second had bern correctly ruled out for offside, things might have been different.

If Rooney had set us to play on the front foot things would have been different. But as I and many others have already said having shown we know how to do “positive” our tactical genius of a manager goes back to one man up front and nobody running off him even though he has known  for weeks and weeks it doesn't work.

This is why we are where we are - refereeing decisions have cost us between 10 and 18 points this season, but none of them need to have cost us any points at all. It was still within our  capability to get a result regardless of the buffoons with the whistle and flags, but we threw it away with poor tactics, poor team selection, poor decision making and poor substitutions.

We are now considering just sending the youngsters out in League 1. It won’t work. Yet again we struggled with Preston s physicality, as we did against Rotherham. Compared with what they dish up in League 1, we ain’t seen nothing yet.

Still, the good news is that we bow have 3 football free days before we roll out the red carpet for Birmingham City.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You think that performance was the managers fault? That could have been Mac or Clough or Cocu or Pep! That lot were the same players that looked good against Norwich! duck them they froze, chickened out.

The Players are heavily to blame, there are bigger problems that aren’t Rooney’s doing, but he’s clearly lost the dressing room based on that. It’s like the QPR game under Cocu, his interview even sounded the same.

Got to make a change now in the hope of getting a reaction and getting a new approach. Has to be Mac with or without Wassell.

Rooney and Rosenior just don't have the nous or the experience to get us out of this. A limp performance in a must-win game shows how we failed.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not sure. This lot of players are awful - the effort on the pitch mostly came from the loans. The rest were playing like they were underwater.

I won't tell you these players are great, but Rooney sounds beaten and clearly has no ideas. We need to clear em all out. 

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Well if we had been given yet another absolute, dead cert stonewall penalty when Roberts wad tripped twice in the penalty area things might have been different. 

If Preston s second had bern correctly ruled out for offside, things might have been different.

If Rooney had set us to play on the front foot things would have been different. But as I and many others have already said having shown we know how to do “positive” our tactical genius of a manager goes back to one man up front and nobody running off him even though he has known  for weeks and weeks it doesn't work.

This is why we are where we are - refereeing decisions have cost us between 10 and 18 points this season, but none of them need to have cost us any points at all. It was still within our  capability to get a result regardless of the buffoons with the whistle and flags, but we threw it away with poor tactics, poor team selection, poor decision making and poor substitutions.

We are now considering just sending the youngsters out in League 1. It won’t work. Yet again we struggled with Preston s physicality, as we did against Rotherham. Compared with what they dish up in League 1, we ain’t seen nothing yet.

Still, the good news is that we bow have 3 football free days before we roll out the red carpet for Birmingham City.

Heck, I feel a whole lot better now I know it's only poor referring that has got us in this mess. In fact, if we'd had a handful of decisions go our way we'd be play off contenders. ? 

Forget about sack Rooney, sack the refs.

Archived